The views expressed on this noticeboard are expressed by the fans themselves and do not necessarily reflect the views of Manchester United or any of its representatives. The viewing and posting of messages on this noticeboard is subject to the Forum Terms, which can be viewed here.
Faq
Contact Us
Sort Posts:
Previous Next
  • 11 May 2011 9:30 AM

Re: Manchester United Team 2011/2012 Season

I think its unrealistic to thimk we'll sign Higuian as Real probably won't want to sell him and who said he'd want to come to England? He probably doesn't speak the language and is Argentine, no offence but Fergie has past experience of buying Argentine players and its never ended well, Veron was a failure in England because of the pace of the game, Heinze wanted to join Liverpool and we all know what happened to Tevez. I think Sneijder would be a gret signing but we'd need another midfield option alongside Fletcher for the big games. Also he speaks English and would fit in well if Scholes retires. Depends if he wants to win trophies or earn mega money on the other side of the city. I think fergie's got a keeper lined up but i also think the keeper will need some big match experience, I would try to get Buffon if he's interested in leaving Juventus. I wouldn't be surprised to see United sign a English or British keeper or someone who has experience in the Premier League. Someone safe, rather than someone spectacular. Its well known that he rates Pepe Reina but I'm not sure if we coild get him from Liverpool, given the history. I would expect Diouf, Owen and maybe Berbatov to leave in the summer, Macheda and Wellbeck will come back to the club as will Cleverly. My team would look more like Reina/Buffon Rafael Evra Vidic Ferdinand Valencia Fletcher Sneijder Nani Rooney Hernandez. obviously we have still got great players at the club the likes of Park, Giggs, O'Shea, Carrick, Anderson that are great pro's and would challenge to get in this team. We also have the like of Fabio, Smalling, Evans, Linegarrd, Gibson, Cleverly, Macheda, Welbeck etc who are young and have potential to break into the side rather than buying overpriced players that we can't afford anymore.
    I Hope we get the biggest number 19 banner in history !
  • 11 May 2011 7:15 AM

Buffon/Lindergaard Rafael/Oshea Ferdinand/Smalling Vidic/evans Evra/fabio Valencia/park carrick/anderson Goetze/Vandervaart Cleverly/bale Rooney/macheda Hernandez/wellbeck/Owen
  • 10 May 2011 11:24 PM
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10 May 2011
    • Posts 1

David De Gea Fabio Ferdinand Vidic Evra Valencia Sneijder Fletcher Nani Chicharito/Berbatov Rooney
  • 24 Apr 2011 8:27 PM

REALISTICALLY, i think SAF will only buy 2 players who will walk into the starting 11- De Gea and a centre midfielder like Sahin or De Rossi. The team, i imagine, will look like this:

De Gea

Rafael             Ferdinand     Vidic           Evra

De Rossi/Sahin    Anderson

Valencia                 Rooney                   Nani

Chicharito

Subs: Lindegaard, Smalling, Fabio, Carrick, Fletcher, Cleverley, Berbatov

• 24 Apr 2011 7:48 PM
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 6 Jun 2009
    • Posts 3

this is not the united way. SAF never does this.
  • 5 Nov 2010 5:15 AM

THIS IS RUBBISH NONSENSE, UNITED ONLY NEEDS A GOALKEEPER AT THE MOMENT

• 5 Nov 2010 5:02 AM

UF99:

------------------------Buffon----------------------

Rafael----Ferdinand-------Vidic--------Evra

----------Carrick/Defour----Fletcher-----------

Valencia-------------------------------------Nani

---------------Rooney----Berbatov--------------

Assuming van der Sar retires. If not, no need to splash on a keeper, or rather, not such a high profile one.

much realistic to me as our first team except the keeper position...

still worrying about absences of Scholes and Giggs...

• 5 Nov 2010 4:23 AM

De Gea

Rafael    Smalling      Vidic          Evra

Nani       Rodwell       Fletcher     Bale

Rooney        Chicarito

Bale -  £35m (Well worth if he can change his playing style like Giggs by burning pace when he is young and hug the touchline and cross in latter stages of his career)

Rodwell - Carrick +  £5m (Absolutely worth it)

De Gea - £20m (Well worth the fee if he can keep his fitness like VDS)

• 4 Nov 2010 7:52 AM

In my dreamland (because everything we say here is just pure wishes and nothing more), I would retire the 4 legends.                                                       I will also sell Berbatov (I hate his attitude more than his lack of goal scoring), Gibson (Not good enough), Hargreaves (sadly but would let him go)

I will add - Neuer, Schweinstagger, F.Contreao, J. Rodwell. (Maybe bring back Shawcross if possible), if Rooney leaves, then bring in L.Suarez.

I think Macheda, Diouf and Welbeck should be good back ups.

Neuer

Rafael                       Rio                  Vida                            Evra

Fletch

Valencia                         Scheinstagger                          Nani

Rooney/Suarez             Hernandez

It's all About United
  • 4 Nov 2010 7:37 AM

Lindegaard for 8m? LOLzzzzzzz, Yes the market is inflated but Lindegaard for 8m? NO WAY! He can't even hold down a first team place in the danish team. Neuer has refused signing a new contract and is free by summer of 2012, so we stand a chance of getting him at a knock down price say 5-6mills. And u know what, Lindegaard is not even fit to lace his boots.

It's all About United
  • 4 Nov 2010 7:17 AM

JaseyC:

This is what i think should be the starting lineup for our 2011/2012 Season. It has the players i want to buy (in bold) and how much they cost.

Higuain             Rooney

Sneijder

Nani                                        Valencia

Fletcher

Evra        Ferdinand      Vidic        Rafael 

Lloris or Akinfeev or De Gea

Higuain - £40m

Sneijder - £30m

Lloris/Akinfeev/De Gea - All £10m (I only want one of these 3 keepers - you can decide which one)

Higuain????  Really?  For 40M????

• 3 Nov 2010 9:29 PM
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10 Jan 2008
    • Posts 131

------------------------Buffon----------------------

Rafael----Ferdinand-------Vidic--------Evra

----------Carrick/Defour----Fletcher-----------

Valencia-------------------------------------Nani

---------------Rooney----Berbatov--------------

Assuming van der Sar retires. If not, no need to splash on a keeper, or rather, not such a high profile one.

• 3 Nov 2010 6:02 PM

Uncas:

Someone please reassure me that the player in this picture:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11667_6484242,00.html

Is the same player is the guy in this pic....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Defour

It's irrelvent to my post because although I do rate him, I wouldn't buy him...

Im sure there will be more of an issue with the 25 player squad limitations next season too, but Ive not worked it out yet so don't know for sure...

But to stick a team up:

De Gea

Rafael   Ferdinand   Vidic   Evra

Fletcher

Anderson             Hamsik

Nani                                   Obertan

Rooney

With Hernandez/Berbatov coming in for Anderson for some of the "easier" games, and to be honest Valencia would probably get the nod over Obertan, I just happen to like my wingers to play like forwards in a 4-3-3, plus I prefer Nani on the right.

cant get in the link for some reason, anyway, defour suits our style much better than hamsik.

as for players who will have to be listed, next year is not a problem at all. leaving vds and kuz who will be replaced by two goalies, we have: nev, scholes, giggs, owen and hargo who will prob leave/retire, plus a place we already have. so 6 places, and only smalling, cleverley and obertan will have to be registered. in two years we have a different story though.

• 3 Nov 2010 4:48 PM

Someone please reassure me that the player in this picture:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11667_6484242,00.html

Is the same player is the guy in this pic....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Defour

It's irrelvent to my post because although I do rate him, I wouldn't buy him...

Im sure there will be more of an issue with the 25 player squad limitations next season too, but Ive not worked it out yet so don't know for sure...

But to stick a team up:

De Gea

Rafael   Ferdinand   Vidic   Evra

Fletcher

Anderson             Hamsik

Nani                                   Obertan

Rooney

With Hernandez/Berbatov coming in for Anderson for some of the "easier" games, and to be honest Valencia would probably get the nod over Obertan, I just happen to like my wingers to play like forwards in a 4-3-3, plus I prefer Nani on the right.

Fergiegiveusawave Premier League Prediction Game and Champions League Prediction Game CHAMPION 2011

Jabberjaw RAG cup WINNER 2011

Liam Richcard MURTB cup WINNER 2011
  • 3 Nov 2010 4:34 PM

manu super fan:
    steklenburg rafeal smalling vidic fabio bebe masherano fletcher valencia rooney hernandez sell evra 20m nani 30m buy steklenburg 15m masherano 30m

where's messi?

Page 2 of 6 (76 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »