The views expressed on this noticeboard are expressed by the fans themselves and do not necessarily reflect the views of Manchester United or any of its representatives. The viewing and posting of messages on this noticeboard is subject to the Forum Terms, which can be viewed here.
Faq
Contact Us
Sort Posts:
Previous Next
  • 19 Dec 2010 2:21 AM
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10 Aug 2008
    • Posts 217

Content to be approved by the moderator

Content to be approved by the moderator
  • 19 Dec 2010 1:40 AM

Re: Sir Alex's greatest achievement as United manager? (ManUtd.com thread)

Honestly, in this day and age, I think his greatest accomplishment is sticking with what he believes in.  I can't tell you younger fans how much terrible flak he got for playing all the Fledglings way back when, but he did and said he's not trying to build for tomorrow, he was building for tomorrow's tomorrow, if that makes since.  It certainly does now....

• 19 Dec 2010 12:35 AM

There's so many individual moments that stand out, (the treble being the blatantly obvious) its impossible to pick just one. For that reason I guess it would just have to be the remarkable consistency he has been able to keep up during his career. He has won so many trophies, with probably 4/5 what you could say are new or different squads, and to top it off he can always proudly say he won them in style - with his teams playing fantastic, positive and attacking football. To add to that also, he has done all of this during a period where football has undergone so many changes - changes in types of players, tactics, transfer markets etc. Just compare to what the game was like when he began at United to what it is now, and through all of that, he has achieved the success he has. Simply phenomenal. We would be very lucky to ever see his type again. Here's to number 19 and truly knocking Liverpool off that perch!
  • 18 Dec 2010 8:41 PM

Buying Dimitar Berbatov, picking him up from the airport, and then selling the headless chicken Carlos Tevez to make way for the genius Dimitar Berbatov.

Embrace the genius in Berbatov, don't knock it.

• 18 Dec 2010 7:55 PM

He has marvellous in creating a succesful squad after another and I am sure this year will be a memorable year for hum - surpassing Liverpool. 

• 18 Dec 2010 7:02 PM

the biggest acheivement he has done is to create world class sides throughout the 24 years he has been a top class manager what a guy 

genius

• 18 Dec 2010 6:38 PM

Of course the trophies he won. And the fantastic youth players he brought on the likes of Giggs, Scholes, Beckham etc..Not forgetting the clever signings of fabulous youth players like Rooney, Ronaldo, Hernandez..

A drunken man's words are a sober man's thoughts
  • 18 Dec 2010 5:40 PM

Sir Alex is simply the best manager that humanity have ever seen... He is a god of football... if anyone disagree... put your *** ass out of this forum... For me... Sir Alex made Man United the greatest club in the world... and this is his greatest conquest... He have won 11 Premier Leagues... in 24 years... almost 50% of the trophies... and this is fantastic! If he want to be with us until he have 100 years... I WOULD LOVE IT! I WOULD SUPPORT HIM EVER!!! NO MATTER WHAT HAPPEN! I prefer old and lapsed Sir Alex to one Jose Mourinho or Josep Guardiola... "No one is bigger than Man United" - Sir Alexander Chapman Ferguson "I have played under the greatest manager that ever lived" - Ryan Giggs
  • 18 Dec 2010 4:18 PM

his bigest achievment was equaling liverpool trophies of english football and maintaing the team and building the team every year and still going on.
  • 18 Dec 2010 3:54 PM
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 29 May 2009
    • Posts 3

he´s just the greatest coach ever! nobody will ever been better then him! Big Boss Sir Alex

• 18 Dec 2010 3:46 PM
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 29 Feb 2008
    • Posts 2

Put MUFC as a club that is supported by millions of people globally...loved and believed. That was and is Sir Alex's greatest achievement..as simple as that!

• 18 Dec 2010 3:33 PM

Of course most people will look at trophies which are very important but for me it is how he changed the philosophy of football at the club . The Dave Sexton era saw United play some of the worst and most boring football in its history . Things started to change once Sir Alex took over and the memories of the Sexton era were soon forgotten with United playing some beautiful free flowing football from the early 90s onwards which is now a hallmark of the club.

Life in a Glass House
  • 18 Dec 2010 3:24 PM

The 1999 treble was the best part..... the three consecutive league wins with champions league was also one of the best part..
  • 18 Dec 2010 3:08 PM

His greatest achievement was that 1999 champions league final when they won the treble (it can't get any better than that). I'll never forget that day and because of it, Sir Alex deserves the respect of everyone.

• 18 Dec 2010 2:30 PM

Sir Alex's greatest achievement as United manager? (ManUtd.com thread)

To mark Sir Alex Ferguson overtaking Sir Matt Busby as the club's longest-serving boss, we'd like to know your answer to the following question:

What has been Sir Alex's greatest achievement as United manager?

There are many possibilities of course, and not all of them are about winning trophies. You might, for example, consider the work he did in the early years to overhaul the youth system at United, or the way he has helped the club to grow in stature across the globe.

The best and most interesting responses will be published in a Fanzone article on ManUtd.com.

Thanks in advance

The Editor, ManUtd.com.

Page 8 of 8 (120 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8