The views expressed on this noticeboard are expressed by the fans themselves and do not necessarily reflect the views of Manchester United or any of its representatives. The viewing and posting of messages on this noticeboard is subject to the Forum Terms, which can be viewed here.
Faq
Contact Us
Sort Posts:
Previous Next
  • 5 Feb 2011 12:27 PM

Re: A NEW CHICHARITO to arsenal

lewis.No.9:

what so he can go there and light them and the league up like Vela did??..............Wenger is a total Idiot and how he won that manager award is crazy when we hasnt won anything in years!!.............

Vela has been given virtually NO chances at Arsenal..............and when he has come on he looked class for them and scored wonder goals like chips, lobs etc................but then went straight back into the fringes again...........good ol Wenger.........the guy is a moron...

this will be no different............that is if the RUMOUR is even ttrue??.............Mirror Football??.....tbh Ive lost respect for ANY tabloid....they print BS and the only thing that should be trusted is the Clubs website or SSN as breaking news

I'd hardly call Wenger a moron and a total idiot. Sure Arsenal haven't won anything recently but don't let that blind you from all he has achieved. He has nurtered many young talents who have grown to become great players and he's done it without spending a lot of money. It seems now he is only a player or two away from a title winnings team, or maybe not (who knows this season?). Add to that he has made Arsenal a debt free, financially stable club, which is more than we can say for United etc.

To say what you have about Arsene is disrespectful and moronic.

• 5 Feb 2011 11:51 AM

Don't Be Stupid

Been Hacked
  • 5 Feb 2011 7:20 AM

if you compare young prospects to zidane,roanldo,maradona,pele,cryuff,van basten,ronaldinho....it is still understood....most of them have finished their careers or are at the last stretch.......i still se the reason to compare young players to players like kaka,rooney,ronaldo,messi.....cuz they have been playing top flight football for more than 6 or 7 yrs.......but how can you come an 18 yr old to a 21 yr old who himself is new to this life of football!!!!!! STUPID AND IDIOCY!!!!!!!
  • 5 Feb 2011 3:20 AM

that is so true..evrybody compareing players from left to right its notokay all you do is pressurethem untill they just end up failing....

• 5 Feb 2011 3:11 AM

Task:

atmostfear:

I read this rumor on mls-rumor.net first about a player from mexico omar salgado is being watched by arsenal and is to be the new chicharito i also read it on this website....

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Arsenal-transfer-news-Nasri-close-to-five-year-contract-Keeping-tabs-the-new-Chicharito-Omar-Salgado-Vancouver-Whitecaps-striker-article687441.html

what do you guys think about it?

haha, Omar Salgado.  A lot of hype surounding him right now just because he was first draft pick in the MLS Super Draft.  He is young, around 18 or 19 if I am not mistaken.  A lot of controversy surrounding him though.  He was draffted into the Vancouver Whitecaps, a brand new MLS team that will be having its debut season this year.  

He used to play for the Chivas youth team (former club of Chicharito), but was almost always benched.  He later represented Mexico in the U-17 and U-20 national team.  Looked like a respectable prospect, then he changed allegences.  He now plays for the US U-20 national team, and was part of the squad that won the 2010 Milk Cup.  As a player he gets little respect from Mexicans.  He was born in the United States, but has Mexican parents.  Which is why he was all over Mexican Media for a day after the MLS Draft. 

All of the comparison's I've seen and heard of him to Chicharito seem to becoming from US Fans.  The footballing rivalrey between the two countries is feirce.  FMF is miles ahead of MLS.  As it stands no MLS team has ever won a match on Mexican soil.  Furthermore, only big names actually go to MLS and make a respectable living like David Beckham, Landon Donovon, Thierry Henry, and Rafa Marquez.  As it stands MLS is a place to start or end your career.  FMF has large numbers of players who choose to stay with their clubs because the money is there, Mexico especially attracts players from central and south America.  FMF even has more American players in the league than MLS does Mexicans. 

Omar Salgado seems like hype to me, I haven't seen him play yet, but I will definitly look into him the the MLS regular season.  I'm taking his draft pick spot with a grain of salt, because in reality anyone could have been first choice draft.  Even John Rooney, who ended up as 25th pick overall.  As it stands I think Juan Agudelo will be "the next big thing" for the USA.

Your right,, i for one dont  like him much

• 4 Feb 2011 11:25 PM

DublinRedDevil:
    "THERE'S ONLY ONE CHICHARITO"
    exactly!!!
  • 4 Feb 2011 10:57 PM

Wolfen:

How can he be the new Chicharito? Chicharito is only 22. If he was 32 I would understand but he's not.

Exactly what I was thinking mukka Yes

Jaap Stam's a big Dutch man get past him if you fookin can Do a little trick he'll make you look a dik JIP JAAP JAAP STAM!
  • 4 Feb 2011 5:17 PM

Hes hardly made a name for himself yet there are new hernandez' already how stupid

Luis Carlos Almeida Da Cunha!
  • 4 Feb 2011 4:41 PM

How can he be the new Chicharito? Chicharito is only 22. If he was 32 I would understand but he's not.

• 4 Feb 2011 4:26 AM
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 20 Oct 2010
    • Posts 607

atmostfear:

I read this rumor on mls-rumor.net first about a player from mexico omar salgado is being watched by arsenal and is to be the new chicharito i also read it on this website....

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Arsenal-transfer-news-Nasri-close-to-five-year-contract-Keeping-tabs-the-new-Chicharito-Omar-Salgado-Vancouver-Whitecaps-striker-article687441.html

haha, Omar Salgado.  A lot of hype surounding him right now just because he was first draft pick in the MLS Super Draft.  He is young, around 18 or 19 if I am not mistaken.  A lot of controversy surrounding him though.  He was draffted into the Vancouver Whitecaps, a brand new MLS team that will be having its debut season this year.  

He used to play for the Chivas youth team (former club of Chicharito), but was almost always benched.  He later represented Mexico in the U-17 and U-20 national team.  Looked like a respectable prospect, then he changed allegences.  He now plays for the US U-20 national team, and was part of the squad that won the 2010 Milk Cup.  As a player he gets little respect from Mexicans.  He was born in the United States, but has Mexican parents.  Which is why he was all over Mexican Media for a day after the MLS Draft. 

All of the comparison's I've seen and heard of him to Chicharito seem to becoming from US Fans.  The footballing rivalrey between the two countries is feirce.  FMF is miles ahead of MLS.  As it stands no MLS team has ever won a match on Mexican soil.  Furthermore, only big names actually go to MLS and make a respectable living like David Beckham, Landon Donovon, Thierry Henry, and Rafa Marquez.  As it stands MLS is a place to start or end your career.  FMF has large numbers of players who choose to stay with their clubs because the money is there, Mexico especially attracts players from central and south America.  FMF even has more American players in the league than MLS does Mexicans. 

Omar Salgado seems like hype to me, I haven't seen him play yet, but I will definitly look into him the the MLS regular season.  I'm taking his draft pick spot with a grain of salt, because in reality anyone could have been first choice draft.  Even John Rooney, who ended up as 25th pick overall.  As it stands I think Juan Agudelo will be "the next big thing" for the USA.

• 3 Feb 2011 6:00 PM

There is only one Chicharito is so Right!!!    Since Chicha hit the scene they have compared any young prospect to him, thats just what happenes. 

You also have to remember how horrible the MLS is!!!

• 3 Feb 2011 12:50 PM

I would say that NEW VERA TO ARSENAL

• 3 Feb 2011 10:24 AM

"THERE'S ONLY ONE CHICHARITO"
  • 3 Feb 2011 10:20 AM

what so he can go there and light them and the league up like Vela did??..............Wenger is a total Idiot and how he won that manager award is crazy when we hasnt won anything in years!!.............

Vela has been given virtually NO chances at Arsenal..............and when he has come on he looked class for them and scored wonder goals like chips, lobs etc................but then went straight back into the fringes again...........good ol Wenger.........the guy is a moron...

this will be no different............that is if the RUMOUR is even ttrue??.............Mirror Football??.....tbh Ive lost respect for ANY tabloid....they print BS and the only thing that should be trusted is the Clubs website or SSN as breaking news

KagawaRVPRooneyValenciaCleverly
  • 3 Feb 2011 8:59 AM

A NEW CHICHARITO to arsenal

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)