The views expressed on this noticeboard are expressed by the fans themselves and do not necessarily reflect the views of Manchester United or any of its representatives. The viewing and posting of messages on this noticeboard is subject to the Forum Terms, which can be viewed here.
Faq
Contact Us
Sort Posts:
Previous Next
  • 26 Feb 2011 12:58 PM

Re: Is the Green And Gold campaign dying?

P.S. to the above; read the 'Glazers: "Manchester United are not for sale' thread. Good opinions from knowledgeable regular posters; should answer all of your questions!
    If you keep on doing what you have always done you will keep on getting what you have always got
  • 26 Feb 2011 12:49 PM

bodphelps:
    While the green and gold is still very evident in scarves and vintage shirts

Mostly muppets who wear the scarfs from Bill the tout, then jog on over to buy glazer's pies and beers. How is that even a campaign?

The campaign against glazer is fought outside of old trafford, with thousands of people who spent decades watching united in the stands, boycotting games, they still attend away games but have not set foot inside old trafford for years.

The problem with this is with success, boycotting fans are simply replaced,,,,,,,,,,in fact a girl I know at the ticket office said she estimated that 85% of United ST holders are post glazer.................people who choose to buy a season ticket who had knowledge of glazer. Lads like me who have been are the minority now, lads who have been st holders during sexton years even more rarer than me.

The campaign is fought on a propaganda basis with people looking to stir up issues but while the club is topping tables and PIKS are paid off without the clubs money its difficult to stir it up.

At the end of the day the reason the green and gold campaign started was to do with PIK's and not replacing Ronaldo, which activists against glazer said the money would be used to pay of PIK's.................when the PIKS were paid off without club money (so far) and United are still topping tables its harder for them.

But this game is long, and what the activists are waiting for is if money gets removed from the club str8 into glazers pockets, they are waiting for united to be in 3-6th in the league so pressure builds on glazers to invest in the squad.............excuses like these will see the campaign intensify again.........

The reasons this will kick off is because a huge amount of united fans is purely based on success, if that doesn't happen and the propaganda from IMUST can paint glazer as the villan and cause.............YOU WATCH THE FIREWORKS!

• 26 Feb 2011 12:21 PM

I was thinking this myself recently. You do not say if you are a season ticket holder or regular visitor to OT? We are season ticket holders, Stretford End Upper, and have noticed a difference in the last couple of months. While the green and gold is still very evident in scarves and vintage shirts, we have not heard anti-Glazer songs and chants for a while, and at the beginning of the season, these were sung regularly. I am not too up to speed with the whole debt thing; there are several members on here who have all the stats and figures should you wish, but my personal view is that with an Arab take-over being talked about, it might just be a case of the devil you know? Lets be fair, whoever owns the club will be doing so as an investment, with a sound business plan in place, and will expect to make money. You raise a good point, and I look forward to seeing other people's opinions; bearing in mind of course that the most opinionated posters appear to be the armchair fans who live the furthest away . . . . . . .
    If you keep on doing what you have always done you will keep on getting what you have always got
  • 26 Feb 2011 11:22 AM
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 2 Feb 2010
    • Posts 74

Is the Green And Gold campaign dying?

Despite all the adversity and bad press,the Glazers have clung on and slowly may be turning the corner. It seems to me that the LUHG Green and gold campaign isnt as fierce as it used to be and the Glazers are actually gaining support. Some time ago,it was impossible to come to this forum without seeing every other post saying how much they hate the owners! What do you think?

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)