The views expressed on this noticeboard are expressed by the fans themselves and do not necessarily reflect the views of Manchester United or any of its representatives. The viewing and posting of messages on this noticeboard is subject to the Forum Terms, which can be viewed here.
Faq
Contact Us
Sort Posts:
Previous Next
  • 19 Aug 2011 6:21 PM

Re: Ticket Exchange

mancunian_matt84:
    razor82:
    Anyone have any thoughts on the ticket exchange being scrapped?
       The sooner United go back to the old days of a voucher in the match programme the better and reward the most loyal of the lads.

Matt, could people not just buy programmes on line and collect vouchers without actualy attending games ?
    If you keep on doing what you have always done you will keep on getting what you have always got
  • 19 Aug 2011 5:59 PM

mancunian_matt84:
    razor82:
    Anyone have any thoughts on the ticket exchange being scrapped? As I only make it to around half the home games every season, the exchange was very useful to sell my tickets when I didn't go so at least I got around half my money back each season. I'm not sure if I'll be able to keep my season ticket now. Anyone else in same boat?
    Happy it has been scrapped because it was just a form of legalised touting. Even happier that it will result in less number of season tickets being sold now people can't rely on it to make money back on season tickets that they have no intention of going to many of the games. The sooner United go back to the old days of a voucher in the match programme the better and reward the most loyal of the lads.

I have heard this before. A useful service no doubt but not good if people are being charged extra fees.

Never used it myself.

Man United since 1985 and Bury since 1994 Forever!!
  • 19 Aug 2011 2:17 PM
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 19 Aug 2011
    • Posts 1

For me it's a PITA since I travel a lot on business - often at short notice - and frequently don't get home for weekends let alone for mid-week games. Season tickets are expensive enough when the club in their infinite wisdom force us to buy tickets for home cup games even without having the chance to recover a few quid when I have to fly off to a wretched meeting somewhere and miss a game. I'm sure that around where I sit we'll come to some sort of informal arrangement of passing tickets around - great if I have enough notice of a trip abroad for work ..... the snag is I often don't. Maybe I should just give up my season ticket .... but having had it since 1978 that's something I couldn't bring myself to do.
  • 27 Jul 2011 7:21 PM

WELL SAID I AM IN EAST STAND AND LAST SEASON I HAD TO PUT UP WITH SUPPORTERS FROM OTHER CLUBS SITTING IN PEOPLES SEASON TICKET SEATS WEST BROM /ARSENAL/BLACKBURN/ I WOULDNT MIND BUT THEY CANT SPEAK PROPER LOL I AGREE WITH THE VOUCHER IN THE PROGRAM(ONLY AVILABILLE INSIDE) OR SCRAP THE LOT AND MAKE YOU QUE FOR FINAL TICKETS 1 PER PERSON
  • 26 Jul 2011 4:38 PM

Due to being in the army and the way my time off works, I can generally only make half the league games in a season also, which is why I don't have a season ticket. Of all the games I did apply for, I only missed out on 3 of them through the ballot, making it to 13 games in total. My point being, I know you won't want to give up your season ticket, but if you only make it to half of the games anyway, just apply for them through the ballot and you'll still get a ticket for the majority you apply for.
  • 26 Jul 2011 4:12 PM

razor82:
    Anyone have any thoughts on the ticket exchange being scrapped? As I only make it to around half the home games every season, the exchange was very useful to sell my tickets when I didn't go so at least I got around half my money back each season. I'm not sure if I'll be able to keep my season ticket now. Anyone else in same boat?
    Happy it has been scrapped because it was just a form of legalised touting. Even happier that it will result in less number of season tickets being sold now people can't rely on it to make money back on season tickets that they have no intention of going to many of the games. The sooner United go back to the old days of a voucher in the match programme the better and reward the most loyal of the lads.
  • 26 Jul 2011 2:26 PM

not in the same boat , i dont have a season ticket but managed to get to a lot of games last season by using ticket exchange. think i will be lucky to get to half the games i got to last season! think they could have kept the system in some form
  • 26 Jul 2011 12:55 PM

Ticket Exchange

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)