The views expressed on this noticeboard are expressed by the fans themselves and do not necessarily reflect the views of Manchester United or any of its representatives. The viewing and posting of messages on this noticeboard is subject to the Forum Terms, which can be viewed here.
Faq
Contact Us
Sort Posts:
Previous Next
  • 2 Mar 2012 5:35 PM

Re: Robben

andy19850:
    why dont united have a look at robben, espec with shaqiri signing for bayern
    Check through the United history and then read a few of the comments futher up...

There is more chance of Gary Neville coming out of retirement and joining Liverpool then Fergie going anywhere near trying to get Robben again.

We have Valencia, Nani and Young anyway so he isnt needed

I will fight until i die
  • 2 Mar 2012 5:15 PM

why dont united have a look at robben, espec with shaqiri signing for bayern
  • 1 Mar 2012 12:58 PM

As good as he is, Robben is one of United's 'could have been' or 'never was' player. He turned us down. I say let him be at where he is now.
    no player is bigger than Manchester United
  • 1 Mar 2012 11:49 AM

Robben is quality everytime he goes forward he looks dangerous, in my opinion chelsea should never of sold him. I actually remember being quite happy when they did. The fact he was part of the team that got to the world cup final speaks for its self.

If you watch him for Holland he links up with sneijder and the front man very well, i feel he could easily partner wayne rooney and they would hit it off instantly. Any one on here who says a real man united fan would never talk about signing Robben is talking pure s. It is not exactly like we would be buying a player from liverpool or city and even then i for one would not moan if SAF decided to get aguero on a cheap or if he decided to tease chelsea with a litltle cheeky 10 mill bid for Torres. ( never going to happen i no ).

And then his goal that knocked us out of the champions league was a goal worthy of knocking any team out.

However all that being said, he is 28 and would most probably cost well to much for a player who carrys the risk of injuries and it just wouldnt happen. I would also prefer to strengthen other areas of the team i.e a solid central midfield player and a solid defender.

Arjen also isnt the first player to snub a move from man united and wont be the last. I wouldnt hold this against him we all make mistakes and money talks - ask some of our players - pointing at you ROONEY ! ( still *** at him for that - each goal numbs the pain though )
  • 1 Mar 2012 11:22 AM
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 30 Apr 2011
    • Posts 975

fieryeagle:
    Whatever people feel about him....he has a killer left foot.

Remember he scored againt us in CL game a few years back......

yesterday also when he had the ball before the 3rd goal, I was shouting at the telly....don't let him go on his left foot....and he scored !

Nobody is denying he isn't a great player - just people need to go and find out about some history http://therepublikofmancunia.com/the-story-of-robben-united-and-chelsea/ Try this
  • 1 Mar 2012 10:59 AM

Whatever people feel about him....he has a killer left foot.

Remember he scored againt us in CL game a few years back......

yesterday also when he had the ball before the 3rd goal, I was shouting at the telly....don't let him go on his left foot....and he scored !

• 1 Mar 2012 10:56 AM
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 30 Apr 2011
    • Posts 975

89cruefan2:
    Any United fan who suggests Robben obviously needs to go back and learn their history and obviously has only been a fan since Ronaldo came....

Oh and yes Robben is a fantastic player

I agree, I can't believe that any United fan would come up with us getting Robben -------------- go back and read your history and - well Chelsea's as well
  • 1 Mar 2012 10:56 AM

Zingari:
    Only reason i'd like him at OT is so he could be chained up by the tunnel so our boys could release pre match tension by kicking all colours of doo dah out of the smug little fooker...
    Lol good 1 man lol.
  • 1 Mar 2012 10:48 AM

Only reason i'd like him at OT is so he could be chained up by the tunnel so our boys could release pre match tension by kicking all colours of doo dah out of the smug little fooker...
    I Used To Be Indecisive But Now? I'm Not So Sure
  • 1 Mar 2012 10:41 AM

89cruefan2:
    Any United fan who suggests Robben obviously needs to go back and learn their history and obviously has only been a fan since Ronaldo came....

I agree Robben is a great player.He had a very good game last night.He is injury prone aswell and is like 28 years old i think so hes too old for us plus hes a winger do we really need another winger i doubt we do although we are being linked with loads though in Muniain Rodriguez Gaitan etc.
  • 1 Mar 2012 10:39 AM

IHateThisPart:
    boozin barry bannan:
    1- Hes more injury prone than anyone. 2. He plays on the right. 3. Hes bald and ugly.
    I'm most interested in number 3 as it's very true. LMAO And may I add, he's the owner of probably the most annoying goal celebration imaginable
    Hes in the first 11 of the "players I'd like to Punch". Neymar plays left wing, Robben plays right wing.
    Yeah man I agree
    I think we should sign X and Y and promote Z
    If you know what I mean
  • 1 Mar 2012 10:37 AM

boozin barry bannan:
    1- Hes more injury prone than anyone. 2. He plays on the right. 3. Hes bald and ugly.
    I'm most interested in number 3 as it's very true. LMAO And may I add, he's the owner of probably the most annoying goal celebration imaginable
  • 1 Mar 2012 10:10 AM

And we should buy cahill and hutelaar aswell.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid but some abuse the privilege
  • 29 Feb 2012 9:55 PM

I will fight until i die
  • 29 Feb 2012 9:54 PM

Yeah man I agree
    I think we should sign X and Y and promote Z
    If you know what I mean
Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next >