The views expressed on this noticeboard are expressed by the fans themselves and do not necessarily reflect the views of Manchester United or any of its representatives. The viewing and posting of messages on this noticeboard is subject to the Forum Terms, which can be viewed here.
Faq
Contact Us
Sort Posts:
Previous Next
  • 26 Jul 2013 1:29 PM

Re: Toni Kroos

I definitely agree i don't know why we are not looking at Kroos at all and spending all this time chasing Fabregas which is proving to be a difficult chase. Bayern have recently purchased Thiago Alcantara and Mario Gotze which puts Toni Kroos' place in the team under pressure so would be an easier chase
  • 19 Apr 2012 12:18 PM

He was wanted in here 4-5 years ago. That's when we should have tried to sign him if we really wanted him.

• 19 Apr 2012 11:28 AM

Kroos is more of an AM kind of player who operates in an advanced role. That isnt our priority at the moment.

He is a top player but with Bayern being a top team and well Germans leaving the German league along with leaving a top team is about as likely as me wining the Euromillions this Friday.

I will fight until i die
  • 18 Apr 2012 6:01 PM

Superman0145:
    Natedogg:
    Superman0145:
    Why play for a team like that when you can play for one of the best clubs in the entire world. Also I'm fairly certain Kroos is not from Munich as his brother Felix has never even played for Munich. For the price we would be paying for Martinez or Eriksen which seems to be quoted at £20-25 million, I believe Bayern would sell
    Bayern are a far better side then us right now hence why their in the CL semis and beat the 2nd best team in europe last night so i dunno what your talkin about. Im sure he'd much rather stay in germany playing with players like ribery robben gomez muller, schwienstieger and lahm, then come to the epl and play with park and carrick. Bayern arent going to be selling a great german prospect to a european rival this isnt football manager. And bilbao want 30mil for martinez so he wont be going anywhere.
    I never said it was like football manager, nor did i say we could actually get him. i was curious what other people thought of him and whether he would fit in to our style of play. Bayern are a good team in a decent league, I think Kroos would be interested in joining us. Maybe not right at this moment in time but who wouldnt be interested in joining one of the best teams in the world. There is plenty of loyalty left in football but players also have to think about there own careers and how successful they want to be, im sure for most players they want to go where the success is happening. You state the best players for bayern and two good players for us, what about Rooney? Vidic? Valencia? Nani? Hernandez? Are these players not great players too? What player wouldnt want to line up alongside these great players? Also whoever mentioned about my valuation, he is probably worth a lot more but thats how much I value him. I only value Martinez at around £15-18m, hes a defensive midfielder with a good range of passing just like Carrick but because hes had a good season Bilbao can hold any interested club to ransom and thats the same with Kroos. Also whoever mentioned about the German national team, what a team they have and will have in the next few years. Germany are always a force regardless of there team but with a team such as this they are an all round world class team, sorry for not remembering who said what. Huge apologies at my inability to paragraph =).
    Apologies i was abit confrontational with my post!! anyways bayern are in a much better condition then us right now, we re not that much of an attractive option for top players at this moment in time and didnt do ourslelves much justice with our poor performances in europe which are hardly going to be impressing the likes of martinez, kroos, and hazard. Rooney, valencia and nani yeh great entertaining players that could tempt him but thats it. But bayern undoutbly have far more of an entertaining line up then us. Regardless of how much you value martinez bilbao want 30million for him which i cant see us paying. I just cant see why kroos would want to leave his home club which could go on to win the CL. But hey anything can happen in football.
    Nobody nobody nobody does it better than Manchester United
  • 18 Apr 2012 5:37 PM

Would absolutely love him here but the question is : Can he play in a 2 man midfield? Because he plays right behind Gomez with Schweinsteiger and Luiz Gustavo behind him most of the time. Not sure where would he fit in our formation but would be great to have him. But I doubt Bayern will actually agree to sell him. Let's not forget they are one of the biggest clubs in the world and he's a regular starter there, not sure he'd like to move from there.
  • 18 Apr 2012 5:15 PM

Natedogg:
    Superman0145:
    Why play for a team like that when you can play for one of the best clubs in the entire world. Also I'm fairly certain Kroos is not from Munich as his brother Felix has never even played for Munich. For the price we would be paying for Martinez or Eriksen which seems to be quoted at £20-25 million, I believe Bayern would sell
    Bayern are a far better side then us right now hence why their in the CL semis and beat the 2nd best team in europe last night so i dunno what your talkin about. Im sure he'd much rather stay in germany playing with players like ribery robben gomez muller, schwienstieger and lahm, then come to the epl and play with park and carrick. Bayern arent going to be selling a great german prospect to a european rival this isnt football manager. And bilbao want 30mil for martinez so he wont be going anywhere.
    I never said it was like football manager, nor did i say we could actually get him. i was curious what other people thought of him and whether he would fit in to our style of play. Bayern are a good team in a decent league, I think Kroos would be interested in joining us. Maybe not right at this moment in time but who wouldnt be interested in joining one of the best teams in the world. There is plenty of loyalty left in football but players also have to think about there own careers and how successful they want to be, im sure for most players they want to go where the success is happening. You state the best players for bayern and two good players for us, what about Rooney? Vidic? Valencia? Nani? Hernandez? Are these players not great players too? What player wouldnt want to line up alongside these great players? Also whoever mentioned about my valuation, he is probably worth a lot more but thats how much I value him. I only value Martinez at around £15-18m, hes a defensive midfielder with a good range of passing just like Carrick but because hes had a good season Bilbao can hold any interested club to ransom and thats the same with Kroos. Also whoever mentioned about the German national team, what a team they have and will have in the next few years. Germany are always a force regardless of there team but with a team such as this they are an all round world class team, sorry for not remembering who said what. Huge apologies at my inability to paragraph =).
  • 18 Apr 2012 12:38 PM

mancrh:
    diwan al-haji:
    Not just Kroos is good the whole German National Team is set for 10 years! Ozil, Muller, Khedira, Gotze, Kroos and a LOT MORE!!
    They have the best midfield options, very good attacking and GK options. But they have a bit of problem with the back 4, Lahm and Hummels are the best in the world, Schmeltzer is very good and so is Hoewedes, but they lack quality back up. That said, think they're the best national side in the world.
    Agreed, but yes they do have the same problem as Madrid.. quality attack, good midfield.. Iker has been shaky for the past couple of years (on and off, sometimes spectacular sometimes he seems lost) but the main problem for both teams is defense, although if you compare the Madrid defense to Munich's, Real's is a lot stronger
  • 18 Apr 2012 12:38 PM

mancrh:
    diwan al-haji:
    Not just Kroos is good the whole German National Team is set for 10 years! Ozil, Muller, Khedira, Gotze, Kroos and a LOT MORE!!
    They have the best midfield options, very good attacking and GK options. But they have a bit of problem with the back 4, Lahm and Hummels are the best in the world, Schmeltzer is very good and so is Hoewedes, but they lack quality back up. That said, think they're the best national side in the world.
    Totally true
  • 18 Apr 2012 12:12 PM

Superman0145:
    Nobody nobody nobody does it better than Manchester United
  • 18 Apr 2012 11:58 AM

would be a great signing along with the likes of eriksen gotze or sahin. but none of these is going to happen imo. too loyal to their clubs. maybe eriksen is a possibility. hes amazing and just 19! hes better than most of our midfielders....at 19!

i would also recommend isco. malaga playmaker. young spanish player similar to iniest***

Ronaldo too far out for him to think about it AAOH ABSOLUTELY SENSATIONAL
  • 18 Apr 2012 11:40 AM

Ohhh, bless, somebody reported my post! Ive been waiting since 2009 for a world class midfielder, has he arrived yet? Hell no! I just hope its not the same ol same old excuses this summer, AGAIN!
  • 18 Apr 2012 11:36 AM

mancrh:
    Brittain 10:
    mancrh:
    Aye, Bayern, a rich club, will sell the best prospect they groomed in maybe a decade. And Kroos, a Bayern born, would leave his home which is also one of the two biggest clubs in the third best league in Europe, and one of the biggest European clubs, where he's getting games as a regular starter. Brilliant player, but he will be staying put.
    Absolutely right. There's a reason noone mentions him, there's no chance of him leaving whatsoever, there's a reason germans are renowned for their loyalty. I mean look at mario gomez, could've moved
    to real but opted to stay in germany, look at gotze, could've gone to anywhere he wanted, but wanted to stay at dortmund.
    And as much as I'd love us to sign both Kroos and Goetze, I much rather they stay where they are and prove that footy isn't dead yet.
    To an extent I agree, obviously I'd love to get either one of them as that'd be benefitting us hugely, but it's great to see loyalty in football is still alive and spitting blood, because it's far too seldom these days.
    It's so simple to be wise; think of something stupid to say and don't say it
  • 18 Apr 2012 11:36 AM

I have a theory! How about this: we wont sign anyone again next season, no value in the transfer market, the players we want arent available! We have plenty of youth in our team! Let he smoke screen commence! We cant compete in the transfer market with some team the EPL let alone europe!
  • 18 Apr 2012 11:32 AM

Brittain 10:
    mancrh:
    Aye, Bayern, a rich club, will sell the best prospect they groomed in maybe a decade. And Kroos, a Bayern born, would leave his home which is also one of the two biggest clubs in the third best league in Europe, and one of the biggest European clubs, where he's getting games as a regular starter. Brilliant player, but he will be staying put.
    Absolutely right. There's a reason noone mentions him, there's no chance of him leaving whatsoever, there's a reason germans are renowned for their loyalty. I mean look at mario gomez, could've moved
    to real but opted to stay in germany, look at gotze, could've gone to anywhere he wanted, but wanted to stay at dortmund.
    And as much as I'd love us to sign both Kroos and Goetze, I much rather they stay where they are and prove that footy isn't dead yet.
  • 18 Apr 2012 11:32 AM

United4191:
    Superman0145:
    mancrh:
    I forgot to put, one of the best biggest clubs in the third best league. Why play for a team like that when you can play for one of the best clubs in the entire world. Also I'm fairly certain Kroos is not from Munich as his brother Felix has never even played for Munich. For the price we would be paying for Martinez or Eriksen which seems to be quoted at £20-25 million, I believe Bayern would sell Kroos for around £18-20m.
    Your valuation is way off man. This guy imo is almost as good as Schweinsteiger already and is just one of those players who will not leave their club.
    I agree. If there was a remote possibility of leaving it's likely to be £30 mil + tbh, but then there's no possibility of him leaving whatsoever, unless bayern became liquidated, which is unlikely to say the least.
    It's so simple to be wise; think of something stupid to say and don't say it
Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2 Next >