The views expressed on this noticeboard are expressed by the fans themselves and do not necessarily reflect the views of Manchester United or any of its representatives. The viewing and posting of messages on this noticeboard is subject to the Forum Terms, which can be viewed here.
Faq
Contact Us
Sort Posts:
Previous Next
  • 18 Jul 2012 9:36 AM

Re: RVP to UNITED?

leeman:
    silvester88:
    mark.k.:
    silvester88:
    mark.k.:
    silvester88:
    I would rather sign Lucas who can play in any attacking position he will become 1 of the best players in the world.
    I agree.

Just because of one good season, people are raving about RVP. He, like Anderson for example was virtually on the scrap heap recently following a run of injury prone seasons. He is nearly 30 now and if he continues injury free, he will have max 2 years at the top level left in him

I'd definitely go for Lucas ahead of RVP.

I agree mate.Van Persie had 1 brilliant season the rest of the time he has been injury prone.Yes he is talented and can score goals but he is like 29 years old now we are meant to be looking towards the future thats why id rather spend big money break the bank even to sign Lucas.Hes a truely brilliant talent can become 1 of the best players in the world.Hes very verstille he would light up Old Trafford.I think we should go all out and sign him if that means breaking our transfer record then so be it.Yes it is a huge gamble in paying such amount for Lucas but i truely believe in years to come he wil repay that.
    Hopefully the club are on your wavelength on this one. Now is the time to sign him because he will only improve and his transfer fee will increase. Clubs are making these gambles during every transfer window so it's nothing new. Maybe United are waiting for Berbatov to exit before making a serious offer on Lucas? A small transfer fee (5-10 million) for Berba plus dropping his 5 million per annum wages would make the Lucas transfer look more attractive.
    I hope so mate.Lucas is a must signing for us a brilliant talent.Im sure he would love a move to us.Its just Sao Paulo standing firm but i hope they crack sooner or later.Lucas and Baines sorted.Lucas will give what Ronaldo gave us we can develop Lucas and i think if he came here he will become the best player in the world.
    I agree with you to, but i feel if any money was to be spent then i would want a solid box to box midfielder and then think about a lucas sort of player if we had the funds. Lucas would give us our spark in central areas though but so would kagawa so im still abit skeptical about where we would play him but like you said he can play in numerous positions. From what ive seen of lucas is he likes to pick the ball up in deep areas and likes to use his dribbling ability to beat his man which would give us something different through the middle and also add some versatility with all of our front 4 being able to play in other positions meaning they can all link up and swap positions. I do conceed though if it was a straight up choice between RVP and lucas i would take lucas, i feel van persie is a good player but has only had one season(this one) where he played practically all of the games without picked up a small injury of some sort, at the age of 28 if this carries on and we bought him then it would be money down the drain as his form would also suffer through his injuries.
    I agree mate.Signing Lucas would give us the wow factor we havent had since Ronaldo and i think if we did sign Lucas we can develop him to become the best player in the world likew e did with Ronaldo he can become our new Ronaldo he plays like him with his skills and dribbling pace etc.
  • 18 Jul 2012 9:33 AM

silvester88:
    mark.k.:
    silvester88:
    mark.k.:
    silvester88:
    I would rather sign Lucas who can play in any attacking position he will become 1 of the best players in the world.
    I agree.

Just because of one good season, people are raving about RVP. He, like Anderson for example was virtually on the scrap heap recently following a run of injury prone seasons. He is nearly 30 now and if he continues injury free, he will have max 2 years at the top level left in him

I agree mate.Van Persie had 1 brilliant season the rest of the time he has been injury prone.Yes he is talented and can score goals but he is like 29 years old now we are meant to be looking towards the future thats why id rather spend big money break the bank even to sign Lucas.Hes a truely brilliant talent can become 1 of the best players in the world.Hes very verstille he would light up Old Trafford.I think we should go all out and sign him if that means breaking our transfer record then so be it.Yes it is a huge gamble in paying such amount for Lucas but i truely believe in years to come he wil repay that.
    Hopefully the club are on your wavelength on this one. Now is the time to sign him because he will only improve and his transfer fee will increase. Clubs are making these gambles during every transfer window so it's nothing new. Maybe United are waiting for Berbatov to exit before making a serious offer on Lucas? A small transfer fee (5-10 million) for Berba plus dropping his 5 million per annum wages would make the Lucas transfer look more attractive.
    I hope so mate.Lucas is a must signing for us a brilliant talent.Im sure he would love a move to us.Its just Sao Paulo standing firm but i hope they crack sooner or later.Lucas and Baines sorted.Lucas will give what Ronaldo gave us we can develop Lucas and i think if he came here he will become the best player in the world.
    I agree with you to, but i feel if any money was to be spent then i would want a solid box to box midfielder and then think about a lucas sort of player if we had the funds. Lucas would give us our spark in central areas though but so would kagawa so im still abit skeptical about where we would play him but like you said he can play in numerous positions. From what ive seen of lucas is he likes to pick the ball up in deep areas and likes to use his dribbling ability to beat his man which would give us something different through the middle and also add some versatility with all of our front 4 being able to play in other positions meaning they can all link up and swap positions. I do conceed though if it was a straight up choice between RVP and lucas i would take lucas, i feel van persie is a good player but has only had one season(this one) where he played practically all of the games without picked up a small injury of some sort, at the age of 28 if this carries on and we bought him then it would be money down the drain as his form would also suffer through his injuries.
    Paul Scholes our midfield maestro!
  • 17 Jul 2012 8:55 PM

mark.k.:
    silvester88:
    mark.k.:
    silvester88:
    I agree.

• 17 Jul 2012 8:51 PM

silvester88:
    mark.k.:
    silvester88:
    I agree.

Hindsight is 20 20
  • 17 Jul 2012 8:31 PM

mark.k.:
    silvester88:
    I agree.

• 17 Jul 2012 8:27 PM

silvester88:
    I agree.

Sorry, duplicate.

Hindsight is 20 20
  • 17 Jul 2012 8:21 PM

silvester88:
    I agree.

Hindsight is 20 20
  • 17 Jul 2012 7:48 PM

I agree I would rather have Lucas at United for his flair and potential. However Van Persie is one of the best Strikers in the world and he would be absolutely deadly at United...... My problem is Welbeck and Hernandez, they would not get much game time with RVP and Rooney in the team.
  • 17 Jul 2012 7:38 PM

• 17 Jul 2012 7:17 PM

redhawks7:
    Does United require a striker like Van persie? I think so he would be a great signing for United as it would bolster their striking force. Sir Alex should try and bring him to United who would be a great partner alongside Rooney. A Deal which should be made possible.
    I think he would be a luxury signing.
  • 17 Jul 2012 11:36 AM

RVP to UNITED?

Does United require a striker like Van persie? I think so he would be a great signing for United as it would bolster their striking force. Sir Alex should try and bring him to United who would be a great partner alongside Rooney. A Deal which should be made possible.
Page 2 of 2 (26 items) < Previous 1 2