The views expressed on this noticeboard are expressed by the fans themselves and do not necessarily reflect the views of Manchester United or any of its representatives. The viewing and posting of messages on this noticeboard is subject to the Forum Terms, which can be viewed here.
Faq
Contact Us
Sort Posts:
Previous Next
  • 26 Nov 2012 4:28 PM

Re: what exactly does danny welbeck do ?

RVP is absolutely crucial to us as a team.he offers a lot more to us than just goals (those goals you are dismissing are what win games and have us top of the table by the way).our set pieces have improved dramatically because of his crossing.and his build up play is exceptional.he had an off day on saturday but i think hes entitled to the way hes started the season, with SAF even saying hes not at 100% peak fitness yet.meanwhile you are exaggerating the already limited skills of welbeck to cover for his shocking goal return,you say he's out of position, but even in goal scoring position the amount of clear cut chances he misses is ridiculous.he has no composure in front of goal.he is essentially bambi on ice.i wonder if welbeck was dutch and van persie was english what way this would be.you'd probably be declaring van persie better than messi.
  • 26 Nov 2012 4:20 PM

belfast32:
    HellRaiser20:
    eddie moroney:
    HellRaiser20:
    does brain hurt?
    Sounds like your the one with the brain damage. Would explain a lot.
    Great one.
    i challenge you to find one other person on the planet who rates welbeck ahead of van persie.even welbeck himself if you must.
    This is like trying to explain the laws of physics to a chicken. I am not saying welbeck is better, I am saying we play better with him than we do we RVP, you think only of individuals, think about the team.
  • 26 Nov 2012 4:18 PM

HellRaiser20:
    eddie moroney:
    HellRaiser20:
    does brain hurt?
    Great one.
    i challenge you to find one other person on the planet who rates welbeck ahead of van persie.even welbeck himself if you must.
  • 26 Nov 2012 4:17 PM

He's our Heskey
  • 26 Nov 2012 4:13 PM

eddie moroney:
    HellRaiser20:
    does brain hurt?
    Great one.
  • 26 Nov 2012 4:11 PM

HellRaiser20:
    does brain hurt?
    I have a sense of myself but I'm not too aware!
  • 26 Nov 2012 4:08 PM

belfast32:
    HellRaiser20:
    eddie moroney:
    HellRaiser20:
    RVP best striker in europe?
    Van Persie has 11 goals and 4 assists in 16 games. You are an idiot and no one is going to take you serious. You said he is 'Utd worst ever transfer'. You haven't a leg to stand on. I suggest you stop talking. You are just digging a deeper whole.
    HellRaiser20:
    these are the comments why the rest of the world laugh at man united fans.
    Its only you who people are laughing at suggesting RVP is average and he is Utd's worst transfer. Where do these cretins come from?
    You are jumping to conclusions. I am not saying its one of the worst transfers because he is bad, I am saying it because other factors. Price, Age, effect on our youth. We continually have our youth rotting on the bench, we are not at all showing them responsibility, how to build team player over time or how to deal with a real season. Even if you think he is doing really well hes no gonna last that much longer, hes not that type of player to last a long time, hes not Henry, Giggs or Scholes. I have believed for a long time now we should just let our youth take over and develop them into a team, they would gain so much and progress so much quicker. RVP is a short term thing that only weakens our long term prospects.
    you need to stop.PLEASE GOD STOP! i am embarrassed for you.
    Whats the matter? Scared of logic? Scared of debate? you prefer a simple life where everyone agree with your narrow minded views and you dont need to think? does brain hurt?
  • 26 Nov 2012 4:08 PM

belfast32:
    HellRaiser20:
    eddie moroney:
    HellRaiser20:
    Van Persie has 11 goals and 4 assists in 16 games. You are an idiot and no one is going to take you serious. You said he is 'Utd worst ever transfer'. You haven't a leg to stand on. I suggest you stop talking. You are just digging a deeper whole.
    HellRaiser20:
    Its only you who people are laughing at suggesting RVP is average and he is Utd's worst transfer. Where do these cretins come from?
    You are jumping to conclusions. I am not saying its one of the worst transfers because he is bad, I am saying it because other factors. Price, Age, effect on our youth. We continually have our youth rotting on the bench, we are not at all showing them responsibility, how to build team player over time or how to deal with a real season. Even if you think he is doing really well hes no gonna last that much longer, hes not that type of player to last a long time, hes not Henry, Giggs or Scholes. I have believed for a long time now we should just let our youth take over and develop them into a team, they would gain so much and progress so much quicker. RVP is a short term thing that only weakens our long term prospects.
    Whats the matter? Scaredo logic? Scared of debate? you prefer a simple life where everyone agree with your narrow minded views and you dont need to think? does brain hurt?
  • 26 Nov 2012 4:07 PM

HellRaiser20:
    eddie moroney:
    HellRaiser20:
    HellRaiser20:
  • 26 Nov 2012 4:00 PM

eddie moroney:
    HellRaiser20:
    HellRaiser20:
  • 26 Nov 2012 3:53 PM

HellRaiser20:
    HellRaiser20:
  • 26 Nov 2012 3:45 PM

eddie moroney:
    HellRaiser20:
    eddie moroney:
    HellRaiser20:
    eddie moroney:
    HellRaiser20:
    For the last 4-5 matches Welbeck has done far more than RVP.
    your right. play Welbeck instead of R.V.P immediately and for the rest of the season.
    It would make us less 1 dimensional than with RVP.
    Yeah. The 1 dimensional style of winning that RVP gives us is atrocious compared to the multidimensional style of not scoring from Welbeck. I shouldn't have to argue for RVP. One of the best strikers in the world. Our best player so far this season. Its no contest. Your argument of Welbeck being better than RVP is an exercise in futility. It's like comparing Michelin star Restaurant with a greasy spoon cafe. They are miles apart in ability.
    You just do not see the whole picture, you see RVP score and Welbeck not scoring, you do not see how Welbeck gets the team scoring more goals because the play becomes more flexible and fluid. Your the type of person who would say we will struggle to score after Ronaldo and RVN left, but we scored a lot more goals after they left. RVP has been average this season, hes done nothing special and people are making claims hes not producing like he did last season for arsenal.
    Your having a laugh suggesting Welbeck is better than RVP. He can't even play up front ahead of whats there. RVP is easily our best player so far this season. Man of the match displays in numerous games. He is easily the best out and out striker in Europe at the moment. Him along with Falcao. He is joint top scorer in the league. He has scored 16 goals in 11 games. 8 goals in the league along with 4 assists in the league. Compared to Welbeck with 1 goal and 1 assist. How does Welbeck get us more goals compared to RVP. He doesn't score more, he doesn't create more. Thats a fact on RVP stats alone.

I don't know what your motive is at all in bad mouthing RVP; who is our best player, and promoting Welbeck instead of him. You're talking nonsense. People talking he isn't producing like last season for Arsenal. Only you are doing that. Without RVP goals we would have lost a s.h.i.t load of games because we are conceding loads. You think Welbeck in that position would have saved us more so than RVP. I don't know how to argue something that shouldn't even be considered an issue thats debatable. RVP is our best/ first choice striker and its going to be like that for the considerable future. You don't like it follow someone else.

I've heard it all. Moaning about our best player. What are you like.

RVP best striker in europe? these are the comments why the rest of the world laugh at man united fans. Ok I will try one last time to debate this with logic and not gibberish and insults. Most man united fans said we would struggle for goals when Ronaldo left, we scored more without him, they said the same for RVN and yet again we scored more without him. The problem with players like RVP is that they are 1 dimensional, RVP can do very little, basically kick ball hard. Hes slow on the ball and hes slow to pass, hes not fast. What he can do is kick the ball hard, crosses, shos blablabla. Very limited football, Hernandez is similar apart from he works hard off the ball. He scored a lot at arsenal because the whole team played to him, arsenal were not a good team because of RVP, RVP was a good striker because of arsenal. Arsenal will score more goal this season than last, I 100 percent believe it.

Now the reason we scored more goals after those players left is because the play becomes more flexible, no one is the goal poacher, no one is there to score goals, its everyones job and everyone plays for everyone else. Thus making more goals, this does not mean 1 player wont score lots of goals, if your good at scoring then u will score a lot. Barca do not play to messi, everyone plays for everyone in barca its just that messi is just that amazing at attacking.

Now we are talking about welbeck, welbeck is a balanced player with amazing lineup who comes to collect the ball all the time. Everyone complains the mids are not creating enough, but the mids have very little to work with, with RVP. The games RVP has done well are the games the opposition have attacked us a lot, vs teams who keep it defensive hes not done much. This is because hes limited, he likes long balls up to him, he needs a LOT of space , hes not at all agile. Welbeck creates fluid play, he moves defenders with passing and movement, hes great at holding up the ball and bringing players into play, he keeps possession and plays for everyone else, we become less 1 dimensional. He might not be scoring goals but for England where he actually plays in the middle hes been very consistent.
  • 26 Nov 2012 3:43 PM

barclay highlandrum:
    i know he is still relatively young and learning the game BUT i cannot for the life of me see what Danny Welbeck actually is all about ! is he a striker ? a wide man? a link player ? he cannot score goals on aregular basis surely a must for a united striker ! he has no blinding pace and his passing is pretty *** ! to me i do not think he is gonna be good enough to keep united at the top of the pile so should be shifted elsewhere whilst some other clubs are still tempted by the fact that he plays for the mighty England !
    You know he's young and still learning the game BUT why are you complaining then. He made mistake then he will learn it. Thats why Sir Alex Bought RVP. So Welbeck can learn. Not many young striker can score. Welbeck is doing fine so far. If he lost the ball he always try to get the ball back. He's one of our important player now to avoid injury and Future to be one of the best striker. So stop complaining!!!
  • 26 Nov 2012 3:33 PM

HellRaiser20:
    "I declare a state of WAR against [van Persie]. No retreat , No surrender," he wrote. "No respect , No loyalty for a dutch donkey . Am sorry I have no respect for a captain that ducked a stable ship." Dutch Donkey.

Well, there is not much to argue with Lawrence of Arabi***

• 26 Nov 2012 3:30 PM

HellRaiser20:
    "I declare a state of WAR against [van Persie]. No retreat , No surrender," he wrote. "No respect , No loyalty for a dutch donkey . Am sorry I have no respect for a captain that ducked a stable ship." Dutch Donkey.
    The biggest fool today on this forum is HellRaiser 20. I would say he doesn't know anything about the game but this is from a person that doesn't know his a.r.s.e from his elbow. Get lost TROLL.
Page 2 of 5 (62 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >