The views expressed on this noticeboard are expressed by the fans themselves and do not necessarily reflect the views of Manchester United or any of its representatives. The viewing and posting of messages on this noticeboard is subject to the Forum Terms, which can be viewed here.
Faq
Contact Us
Sort Posts:
Previous Next
  • 28 Nov 2012 5:26 PM

Re: United Team 2013/2014

raj95:
    I would like to this. Has Fergie ever tried the 3 at the back. I think it would brilliant, with Strootman as a holding midfielder, Anderson and Clevs as CM and Rodriguez, Rooney and Kagawa interchanging, and RVP on his own as he likes to play.
    # Is it just me or does that formation look like a set of bowling pins...
  • 28 Nov 2012 5:19 PM

3 at the back...but no width??...that seems very strange....
    Your job now is to stand by the new manager!!

• 28 Nov 2012 4:19 PM

You don't play 3 at the back, with no wingers at all. Most teams play 5 (and claim 3, like City) as they play 2 fullbacks, and if they're brave enough to go to 3 at the back, then they normally have hard working wingers anyway
    Been Hacked
  • 28 Nov 2012 4:05 PM

I think raj95 is Rodriguez. Thats a good one Rodriguez but I think you will have to earn your place in Fergies eyes before he puts you in the first team as a starter.
  • 28 Nov 2012 4:03 PM

well, i can't see three at the back for us..
    haven't seen Strootman play once! am i missing out? haha
    Rodriguez i have seen and he's quite good. is he better than what we have?

the attacking side looks great though, not too many changes really.

Brittain 10:
    Three at the back is not a wise thing to do when the four at the back you currently have are shipping goals.
    ahaha yeah!
  • 28 Nov 2012 4:02 PM

3 at the back only works when you have 2 wingbacks as well covering the flanks. That formation would get destroyed every time. Also, Strootman isn't a DM and would be wasted there
  • 28 Nov 2012 3:58 PM

The attack I actually agree with, two ams cutting in would be great, and if we want width they can simply switch sides.

However, Strootman is not a holding midfielder, he's box-to-box, so would compete with Ando and Clev for a place. Three at the back is not a wise thing to do when the four at the back you currently have are shipping goals.

It's so simple to be wise; think of something stupid to say and don't say it
  • 28 Nov 2012 3:40 PM
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 24 Nov 2012
    • Posts 4

United Team 2013/2014

I would like to this. Has Fergie ever tried the 3 at the back. I think it would brilliant, with Strootman as a holding midfielder, Anderson and Clevs as CM and Rodriguez, Rooney and Kagawa interchanging, and RVP on his own as he likes to play.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)