The views expressed on this noticeboard are expressed by the fans themselves and do not necessarily reflect the views of Manchester United or any of its representatives. The viewing and posting of messages on this noticeboard is subject to the Forum Terms, which can be viewed here.
Faq
Contact Us
Sort Posts:
Previous Next
  • 9 Jan 2013 12:21 PM

Re: ManUtd.com: Who are United's biggest rivals - Liverpool or City?

Im old school so its the livers.*** for me
    Bryan Robson is No1
  • 9 Jan 2013 12:18 PM

Most significant rival : City but still IMO the biggest is Liverpool.
  • 9 Jan 2013 11:15 AM

manchester city probably. the matches are more important now a days.

but i probably feel the same before each game. i wouldn't be able to see a difference in the level of anxiety

• 9 Jan 2013 11:10 AM
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 9 Aug 2011
    • Posts 155

Due to our success, we've got more than one rivalry club.
  • 9 Jan 2013 10:58 AM

city
    Don`t hate on my opinion!
  • 9 Jan 2013 10:57 AM

It Depends on your age with this one.I grew up in a era where Liverpool won trophies on a yearly basis,i still can not believe when Liverpool won their last league title in 1990,that we would ever overhaul them in my life time,for me it will always be Liverpool whether or not they are challenging for trophies.
  • 9 Jan 2013 10:57 AM

It has to be Liverpool. The rivalry has been going on for years. It was their league winning record that SAF always aimed at beating and now we need to beat their european record. City have no records to beat, they just happen to be a team from the same city.
    there are no city fans only united haters
  • 9 Jan 2013 10:56 AM

Can't split them.
  • 9 Jan 2013 10:55 AM

Cyril:
    There are fans who don't mind even if MU is 15th in the table as long as Liverpool is at the bottom. To me, I only look at the league table every day, and our #1 enemies are MC and Chelsea. Liverpool is just another club that we need 3 points.
    So if, in 20 years time, we are sitting at 10th in the table just hoping to finish as high up the table as possible. Everton, West Ham and Newcastle surround the places around us. Who are our biggest rivals? These clubs because these are close to us in the table or Liverpool? (who are below even us in the table).
    When you are a rich man you are proud to own a Rolls Royce and when you are a poor man you are proud to own a Renault
  • 9 Jan 2013 10:52 AM

Liverpool... No bigger game in English football.

I dont care for City. I just dont care about them... but i hate Liverpool. I really do!

When you are a rich man you are proud to own a Rolls Royce and when you are a poor man you are proud to own a Renault
  • 9 Jan 2013 10:51 AM

Used to be Liverpool, but now it's City, their local and competing for the same thing, unlike Liverpool who are just trying to get in the Europa League.

Plus, I rarely have to speak to Liverpool fans, whereas I have to speak to loads of City fans.

One Darren Fletcher
  • 9 Jan 2013 10:48 AM

Still Liverpool due to the overall rivalry over the years but City is becoming bigger and bigger with each season.
  • 9 Jan 2013 10:48 AM

There are fans who don't mind even if MU is 15th in the table as long as Liverpool is at the bottom. To me, I only look at the league table every day, and our #1 enemies are MC and Chelsea. Liverpool is just another club that we need 3 points.
  • 9 Jan 2013 10:47 AM

City. Liverpool aren't relevant any more.

Having said that the atmospheres are pretty similar.
    At the end of training Sir Matt required the players to practice the things they were bad at for the last half hour
    Duncan Edwards went home
  • 9 Jan 2013 10:44 AM

ManUtd.com: Who are United's biggest rivals - Liverpool or City?

Ahead of Sunday’s North West derby with Liverpool, ManUtd.com is asking the big question... Who are Manchester United’s main rivals, the Merseysiders or Manchester City? It’s a query that has delivered a complicated response in the weeks, months and years since the Blues were taken over by the Abu Dhabi Group, transforming the club into genuine trophy contenders almost overnight. But it seems that nobody can come up with a definitive answer - so what do you think? Let us know by posting your thoughts in this messageboard and see if other Reds agree.
Page 2 of 2 (30 items) < Previous 1 2