The views expressed on this noticeboard are expressed by the fans themselves and do not necessarily reflect the views of Manchester United or any of its representatives. The viewing and posting of messages on this noticeboard is subject to the Forum Terms, which can be viewed here.
Faq
Contact Us
Sort Posts:
Previous Next
  • 15 Feb 2013 8:36 PM

Re: Man Utd vs Reading - FA Cup - Line Ups

I'd play:

Lindegaard

Rafael - Smalling - Vidic(C) - Buttner

Cleverley - Carrick

Nani - Anderson - Young

Hernandez

Subs: De Gea - Evans - Jones - Valencia - Welbeck - Rooney - Van Persie

Predictions: Manchester United(Hernandez, Nani, Anderson) 3 - 1 Reading(Le Fondre)

MAN UTD 4 LIFE!!!
  • 15 Feb 2013 7:44 PM

De Gea has to play, Lindegaard always looks like an accident waiting to happen. So, De Gea - Jones - Smalling - Vida - Buttner - Cleverly - Anderson - Nani - Kagawa - Rooney - Hernandez. We struggled at set pieces earlier in the season against them. I want Kagawa to get some minutes under his belt. Hopefully Nick Powell will get match-time once we're ahead by a goal or two. Wouldnt mind seeing Januzaj being on the bench aswell, would love to see him being eased into our first team. Been in class form for u21's. People thinking we're going to go with a new formation or give academy players full matches are wrong. We want to win the cup, we're not going to take stupid risks playing an unproven player from the start...
  • 15 Feb 2013 7:34 PM

Giggs not anchoring but playmaking ala Pirlo of...erh...Juventus. We need to win this one. Hopefully Reading performs like Fulham.

....................................A. Lindergaard(gk)............................

...........Smailing(rcb)...Jones(cb/swp)...Vidic(lcb)...............

Valencia(rm/rwb)........Giggs(cdm)............A. Young(lm/lwb)

....................Anderson(rcm)........Cleverley(lcm)..................

.................................Nani(ss).....................................................

..................................................Hernandez(st)............................

Subs: Amos, Rafael, Evans, Scholes/Janujaz, Powell, Kagawa, Van Persie
    When it erh comes to football
    I am a God
  • 15 Feb 2013 4:34 PM

My Team would be:

Lindegaard

Smalling Evans Vidic Buttner

Cleverley Anderson

Nani Kagawa Young

Hernandez

De Gea, Jones, Rafael, Giggs, Valencia, Powell, and Welbeck.

Nervy enough affair with united winning 3-1.

• 15 Feb 2013 1:42 PM

Many people are saying we should rest De Gea for this but i actually think this could have a negative impact on him because he's in such good form and you don't want to risk losing that. It's probably the first time in his united career that he's had a good consistent run of games so rest him later on in the season. Lindegaard did not have the best of games against Reading earlier on in the season if you remember. I would also like to see Nick Powell and believe he has all the ability to suceed in the attacking midfield role and with Cleverley and Anderson behind this shouldn't be a problem.
  • 15 Feb 2013 1:41 PM

Re: Content to be approved by the moderator

De Gea;Rafel,Smalling,Vidic,Buntter;Nani,Cleverley,Anderson,Young;Rooney,Hernandez Subs:Lindegaard;Jones,Welback,RvP,Valencia,Carrick,Powell
  • 15 Feb 2013 11:00 AM

I READ ALL THE COMMENTS AND 1 THING EVERY 1 WANT TO SEE THE LINK UP CLEVERLEY -ANDERSON AND I AM PRETTY SURE THEY WILL GIVE THE BREATH TO OUR MIDFIELD , WE REALY HAD ENOUGH FROM CARRICK WHO WAS AGAIN COMPLETELY ABSENT OR HIDING LIKE SOME FANS USE TO SAY AT BERNABEU. PS. TO ALL CARRICKS FANATIC I DONT WANT ANY COMMENT ABOUT WHAT I THINK AND I BELIEVE . I LOVE MANUTD AND I WANT THE BEST PLAYERS FOR MY BEST CLUB AND THATS WHY EVERY MANUTD FAN IN LAST FEW YEARS ARE CALLING SAF TO BUY TOP HOLDING AND ATTACKING MIDFIELDERS .GLORY MANUTD
  • 15 Feb 2013 10:32 AM

I am a big fan of Vermijl actually just dont see him starting against Premier League opposition at this stage of the competition :)
  • 15 Feb 2013 10:30 AM

De Gea Rafael Vidic Smalling Buttner Cleverley Anderson Valencia Nani Rooney Hernandez Subs Lindegaard Kagawa Jones Giggs Young Powell Scholes(if fit)
  • 14 Feb 2013 8:57 PM

Lindegaard

Jones - Smalling - Vidic - Buttner

Anderson - Cleverley

Nani - Kagawa - Young

Hernandez

Lindegaard needs some game time whilst De Gea needs a rest so I think its likely that Anders will start on Monday. I'd give Rafael a rest as he's played a lot of football recently and could do with a break, with Jones (who's been playing well recently) coming in to fill in at Right Back. Smalling and Vidic would come in for Rio and Evans in order to give the latter pair a rest (and get Nemanja more game time on his road to recovery) with Buttner replacing Evra as has been the case for most cup games this season.

I'd like to see Ando and Clev in midfield, it would bring a lot of energy and creativity to the team and against a vulnerable Reading side, that will be crucial in creating chances. On the wings, I'd play Nani and Young. Both are in need of games and have a point to prove so I can definitely see them starting this one.

I believe that Kagawa should play just behind the striker, his preferred position and one he hasn't played in often this season for a variety of reasons. It'd be nice to see how he does their and against defensively weak opponents, he could be very effective in this game.

Hernandez will most likely start up front as Welbeck, van Persie and Rooney have played a lot of games recently and could do with a rest whereas Chica hasn't started a game for a while now.

I'm sure the likes of Giggs and Scholes will come on if we are winning comfortably and this could be a great chance to rest a few players (RVP etc) and also give others some sorely needed game time. Reading are a decent side and will give us a good game, but we should be to strong for them and I reckon we'll win 3-1 (Hernandez, Anderson and Nani with our goals).

Does anyone ever read these?
  • 14 Feb 2013 6:07 PM

LooneyRed:
    Yeah i would like to see that Lineup probably just about nailed it, although Vermijl bench at best i would think
    To be honest, I'm not Vermijl's biggest fan either, but we currently lack back up for Rafael. I think Jones is good there, but he shouldn't have to play there when Rafael is rested/injured/suspended. I don't like seeing Smalling at RB at all, at CB he can be brilliant, but he doesn't suit fullback.

Would like to see some back up brought in this summer, maybe Fergie didn't bring one in last summer, to try and give Rafael the biggest possible confidence boost

One Darren Fletcher
  • 14 Feb 2013 6:07 PM

Lindegaard

Smalling - Vidic - Evans - Buttner

Cleverley - Anderson

Valencia - Kagawa - Young

Chich***

• 14 Feb 2013 6:01 PM

Yeah i would like to see that Lineup probably just about nailed it, although Vermijl bench at best i would think
  • 14 Feb 2013 5:35 PM

Man Utd vs Reading - FA Cup - Line Ups

Lindegaard
    Vermijl --- Smalling --- Vidic --- Buttner
    Cleverley --- Anderson
    Nani --- Powell --- Young
    Chicharito

One Darren Fletcher
Page 3 of 3 (44 items) < Previous 1 2 3