The views expressed on this noticeboard are expressed by the fans themselves and do not necessarily reflect the views of Manchester United or any of its representatives. The viewing and posting of messages on this noticeboard is subject to the Forum Terms, which can be viewed here.
Faq
Contact Us
Sort Posts:
Previous Next
  • 7 Mar 2013 3:03 PM

Re: What are your matchday superstitions?

Seeing our defenders doing the press!!
  • 7 Mar 2013 2:20 PM

Not to wear red n anything bearing the united emblem, not saying we will win, not playing fifa n not reading a paper until after the match
  • 7 Mar 2013 2:00 PM

A little pre-match prayer. No injuries, a fair and fun game to watch, but above all.. A UNITED WIN!!
  • 7 Mar 2013 1:45 PM

To be honest I have both the away and home shirt but will never wear it on matchday only the day after ( win or Lose ). During the match the entire family has their special seat and they cant move until half time or at the end.
  • 7 Mar 2013 1:02 PM
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 29 Apr 2009
    • Posts 474

When we come to the game My 10 year old son and I always park in the same place,he eats the same meal and we get in the ground really early around 45 mins before kick off.Seems to work as we have not seen United lose whilst doing this stupid ritual.
  • 7 Mar 2013 12:50 PM

I always wear the jersey that the players will be wearing. I also pray before a big match and when the opposition are on the attack I cross my fingers hoping to jinx them scoring.
    If I make a mistake don't pull me up on it Everybody makes mistakes thats why they put rubbers on the end of pencils
  • 7 Mar 2013 12:40 PM

Depends when kick-off is really, assuming it's 16:00 on Sunday the general routine consists of a tin (or four Smile) of cider, Stella or Strongbow generally, during the game. No premeditated ritual or anything beforehand if I'm honest, not a believer of that.
    I'm a dinosaur; I'm an absolute dinosaur but what I am I'm a winner
  • 7 Mar 2013 12:32 PM

I simply have to wear the away jersey when watching us away and the home when we are at home.

Great fun for my wife with the washing having to think about whether UTD are home or away to see which one I will need next before she washes my jerseys.....Wink

You can lead a man to reason but you cannot make him think
  • 7 Mar 2013 12:30 PM

Content to be approved by the moderator

Content to be approved by the moderator
    United Is The Greatest Family
    Moyes gone new era ahead
  • 7 Mar 2013 12:17 PM

What are your matchday superstitions?

As we often discover on ManUtd.com, some players have their own special ways of preparing for a match - for example, Phil Jones puts his left boot on first if United are at home and his right if the Reds are away. But what about you, as a fan? Do you have any pre-match superstitions, routines or rituals? How do you reach out to Lady Luck before a big game? Post details in this thread and we'll publish some of the best comments in a special feature, coming soon on ManUtd.com. Thanks in advance, The Editor.
Page 4 of 4 (55 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4