The views expressed on this noticeboard are expressed by the fans themselves and do not necessarily reflect the views of Manchester United or any of its representatives. The viewing and posting of messages on this noticeboard is subject to the Forum Terms, which can be viewed here.
Faq
Contact Us
Sort Posts:
Previous Next
  • 19 Mar 2013 7:56 PM

Re: Your Player of the Season so far?

Yes, RVP has been a great addition to our team and played really well until February. Rafael has been immense as well. He's made the RB position of his own and rarely made a rash tackle which is fantastic. Same can be said about Evra & Ferdinand. They both have been pretty consistent and have played at top gear almost majority part of the season. However, if you ask me to take away one single player from this side then it has to be Michael Carrick. Our defence has had a lot of changes especially in the middle of the borderline. However, Carrick's presence just ahead of the central defenders gave them a lift. Sir Alex keep changing his wingers as well. With Nani, Carrick needs to play quick passes, with Valencia, he needs to be given long passes and Carrick excelled at both. With Rooney, it's all about going for a One-two and with RVP, it's over the top/diagonal balls that Carrick does with maximum ease and accuracy. Consistency is mandatory for the players' at this level of the game and most of our players show that week in week out. However, Carrick has managed to juxtapose his consistency with enviable serenity that has give our side a solid stability in any tournament that we participated in. Assists, goals, successful pass completion rate; these are mere statistical pieces, Carrick's contribution in this season has overshadowed the objective aspects of the game and given us a true modern central midfielder.
  • 19 Mar 2013 7:49 PM

Difficult to choose cos so many have played well, de gea, raphael, carrick and rvp come to mind but to pick one i would have to say raphael because he's come back from injury after injury and has gained experience and grown as a player. In previous seasons his defensive duties have been questioned but i think he's sorted that part of his game out and put his injuries behind him and he's got valencia out of a hole constantly on the right hand side.
  • 19 Mar 2013 7:46 PM

it's between Rafeal, Evans, Carrick and RVP for me

Rafeal, for the amount he's improved(best RB in the prem?)

Evans has constantly been solid, way ahead or ferdinand and Vidic in my book, did not deserved to be droped for the madrid game!!

RVP for his goals in the first half of the season, kept us winning when we where stuttering in other positions

but you have to give it to carrick, for the simple reason imagine our midfield without him?
    You are my Solskjaer my Ole Solskjaer You make me happy when skies are grey
    Oh Alan Shearer was******* dearer please dont take my Solskjaer away
  • 19 Mar 2013 7:42 PM

Its between RVP and Carrick at the moment. Probably Carrick due to RVP's rather dramatic drop of form but if/when he's back amongst the goals again, I'd probably say him as his goals have been crucial to us this season.
    Does anyone ever read these?
  • 19 Mar 2013 7:38 PM

My top.5 players this season: De Gea RVP Rafael Carrick Rio Worst players: Welbeck and Cleverley!
  • 19 Mar 2013 7:24 PM

Rafael or Carrick. or may be RVP if he's back to his form again.
  • 19 Mar 2013 7:19 PM

I see Rafael Da Silva as the most impressive player in United ranks this season, he developed his game so much this season and I vote for him from all my heart.
  • 19 Mar 2013 7:16 PM

Up until a month ago I would have said RvP. But with him going off the boil a bit recently I'd have to go with Michael Carrick. Don't get me wrong, RvP has been brilliant and his goals are one of the reasons why we're top of the league. But Carrick has been superb all season.
  • 19 Mar 2013 7:14 PM

Carrick, his passing accuracy has been phenomenal and he dictates how we play each game. Some of his long passes, such as the one for Hernandez against Chelsea in the FA cup are out of this world. Truly one of the best midfielders in the world now. Van Persie would come second because of his goals, but also because of his incredible touch and passing range and his ability to defend also. Rafael would be 3rd because he has improved in every area possible, his defending is now top notch, his marking is excellent and he chooses the right time to tackle almost always now, and he's still only 23. De Gea and Evans have also been excellent throughout the season, De Gea in particular towards the end of the season has shown that he is easily the best goalkeeper in the Premier League, only 22, he will unquestionably become the world's best and Evans too is quickly becoming one of the best defenders in Europe.
  • 19 Mar 2013 7:10 PM

RVP. If it wasn't for him early on in the season with Rooney out we could have been dead and buried in the title race. I remember reading an article that showed without his goals we would have been in 12th place and 16 points out of first at the end of November.
  • 19 Mar 2013 7:09 PM
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 17 Feb 2009
    • Posts 8

Rafael, De Gea are clear contenders My vote however is for Hernandez he has contributed 15 getting very little playing time and even less starts. But most importantly Hernandez scores big and crucial goals for this club sadly though I would not be surprised if he leaves over the summer ... he must feel unappreciated.
  • 19 Mar 2013 7:03 PM

Carrick, for his consistency and the class he brings to our game. Followed closely by Rafael, De Gea and RVP.
  • 19 Mar 2013 7:02 PM

Thanks for all the responses so far, much appreciated. But please remember to give us the reasons for your choice.
  • 19 Mar 2013 6:57 PM

Thus far, any one of Carrick, RVP or Rafael would be worthy winners. De Gea and Evans have been unsung heroes too.

Carrick's importance is perhaps best emphasised by his absence than his actual presence on the pitch; without him we lack composure and structure in midfield, and we lose a string-puller capable of penetrative passing too, as demonstrated by his magnificent assist against Chelsea.

It's fairly simple why Van Persie is in contention; not only is he second top scorer in the league but many of those goals have been decisive, such as his hattrick at St Mary's. He's performed in many of the big games too, scoring at Chelsea, Man City of course and both games against Liverpool. All in all he's added not only plenty of goals, but a commendable assist maker and architect of goals too, he's been an inspiration.

Rafael has been one of the most improved players and has developed into one of the world's top full backs. His attacking ability was never in question, but his defensive side and composure were sometimes found wanting on occasion, yet this season he's nullified the likes of Ronaldo, Bale and Hazard and is now a guaranteed starter on the teamsheet and that is a testament to the progression he's made.

De Gea hasn't got the credit he deserves from anyone apart from united fans themselves, and even some of them have been over-critical. At the beginning of the season himself and Lindegaard were frequently battling for the number one spot and the young Spaniard raises his game to condemn the more than capable Dane to the bench. Even in his Atletico days he caught the eye with spectacular shot-stopping, but that has improved further still since moving to OT. There have been a deceptively large amount of matches in which he's saved our skin; his heroics at Stamford Bridge earned a brilliant three points, he made some remarkable saves in the derby against City, he thwarted Fulham several times too, with a double save at OT and the fingertip save at Craven Cottage to deny Ruiz particularly memorable. He was fantastic at White Hart Lane too, only late lethargy from the defence preventing the perfect performance. Then we get to his Bernabeu heroics; he was tremendous, the save from Coentrao in the early stages defies all manners of description, how he managed to see through the traffic and divert a well-struck shot onto the inside of the post. Magnificent.

Evans has been a brilliant stalwart and unquestionably has been our best defender for the past two seasons now. He's often been renowned for his ice-cool composure that is reminiscent of Ferdinand, but this season has really worked on his tackling and has become one of the league's best defenders and one of the most underrated players around. His performance for Northern Ireland against Portugal in Lisbon was one of the greatest individual performances I can recall seeing, and his club exploits make him a more than worthy candidate.

Im genuinely struggling to pick a winner from these 5, but I think Van Persie just nicks it purely on the impact he's had, transforming a team that ultimately went trophy-less to one that was challenging on three fronts in March, and arguably still should be.

I'm a dinosaur; I'm an absolute dinosaur but what I am I'm a winner
  • 19 Mar 2013 6:54 PM
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 7 Mar 2013
    • Posts 1

I would vote for Javier Hernandez, he is a game changer and creates numerous oportunities. He has done goals and assists at almost every game he has been involved. I wish he could of got some minutes at RM games to prove his quality of scoring at important games. Secondly, i would vote for striker RVP for a number of reasons.
Page 13 of 14 (209 items) « First ... < Previous 10 11 12 13 14 Next >