The views expressed on this noticeboard are expressed by the fans themselves and do not necessarily reflect the views of Manchester United or any of its representatives. The viewing and posting of messages on this noticeboard is subject to the Forum Terms, which can be viewed here.
Faq
Contact Us
Sort Posts:
Previous Next
  • 30 Mar 2013 3:31 PM

Re: Antonio Valencia: Big Concerns

I'm not even bothered about he and Young's form again. I can't give a toss. Hopefully Zaha and another come in.
  • 30 Mar 2013 3:28 PM

red roo:
    me23:
    Yes it is a big concern.He looks totally lost and has done so for the whole season.

If AV isnt sold in the summer,he should give up nr 7 shirt and take his own shirt nr back.

how much money could we raise by selling young and valenci***

haha

Right now; if selling them was the only option, then one or 2 of them as part of a player plus cash deal for a marquee signing is possibly about it. And that's at best

• 30 Mar 2013 3:26 PM

jonta:
    I didnt see the match today only heard on radio but aparantly he was pathetic again but why does the gaffer keep playing him when his got Nani there on the bench i only hope he plays Nani and not him on monday
    Nani will play on Monday. SAF has patience with the players he believes have something; thank God, he's in charge and not some of you fans who keep on slating and kicking a man who is down. SAF could just leave him on the bench so that he does not build his confidence or play him and see what happens. In SAF we all should trust because I bet when some of you saw the team sheet at 12 midday you were already writing UNITED off. Have faith and share SAF's faith in Valencia for certain games.
  • 30 Mar 2013 3:25 PM

Gavin2011:
    Cr4iger:
    Sparsonz:
    Broken leg is no excuse as he was fantastic last year. Simply a man off form. Didnt think he was that bad today tho but his crossing was quite poor. Perhaps it's the way we are playing with more possession now a days?

Soon you can't say that he "Simply a man off form"..... Cause he hasn't been showing any sign of improving, in fact he has gotten worse and worse IMO, and it's not like he hasn't been given any chance or been injured this season.....

Today he didn't do anything.... just as the other matches he has played this season.... He didn't beat the defenders even once, and he managed to create one or two crosses or something like that.... and they where poor....

Young was much better than Valencia today...... and Young was bad.....

Not gonna be negative anymore though, cause we won :)

what did he do wrong that everyone did so much better.
    He did wrong by not doing much good at all where it counts as a forward - attacking. As a winger he is expected to attack down the flank, make crosses and passes to strikers in the box. The only thing he seems good at doing is his defensive duties.
    I don't lol
    I ha ha ha
  • 30 Mar 2013 3:22 PM

Valencia relies on pace and strength and since he is somewhat past his biological best it will only get even worse from here. But as said above, blame should not be thrown at the player (he never has been very gifted technically) but rather at SAF for still playing him.
  • 30 Mar 2013 3:20 PM

me23:
    Yes it is a big concern.He looks totally lost and has done so for the whole season.

If AV isnt sold in the summer,he should give up nr 7 shirt and take his own shirt nr back.

how much money could we raise by selling young and valenci***
  • 30 Mar 2013 3:20 PM

Cr4iger:
    Sparsonz:
    Broken leg is no excuse as he was fantastic last year. Simply a man off form. Didnt think he was that bad today tho but his crossing was quite poor. Perhaps it's the way we are playing with more possession now a days?

Soon you can't say that he "Simply a man off form"..... Cause he hasn't been showing any sign of improving, in fact he has gotten worse and worse IMO, and it's not like he hasn't been given any chance or been injured this season.....

Today he didn't do anything.... just as the other matches he has played this season.... He didn't beat the defenders even once, and he managed to create one or two crosses or something like that.... and they where poor....

what did he do wrong that everyone did so much better.
    At my signal unleash Rafael
  • 30 Mar 2013 3:17 PM

Don`t hate on my opinion!
  • 30 Mar 2013 3:15 PM

Sparsonz:

• 30 Mar 2013 3:11 PM

howAREya:

This season is virtually a write off for him now and has been for a while and the games just trickle away so he has very little time to change anything now

The really big concern will be if he continues this into next season assuming he stays here which I think he will

If it's those injuries he blamed in his interview, I hope he gets a good break and time to recover after the season ends. It would be disastrous if he carried this form into next season.
    I don't lol
    I ha ha ha
  • 30 Mar 2013 3:09 PM

I didnt see the match today only heard on radio but aparantly he was pathetic again but why does the gaffer keep playing him when his got Nani there on the bench i only hope he plays Nani and not him on monday
  • 30 Mar 2013 3:00 PM

Jordz:
    I know this has probably been done to death but I cant help but constantly feel worried by Valencia's performances. He just looks like a man with no confidence at all and has none of the spark that he showed in his first season at the club. It's quite alarming that a professional footballer can not use his weak foot at all and that makes him into a one-trick pony, and since defenders know this he is not going to be effective at all. It seems that ever since the broken leg he hasn't been the same and to be honest I cannot see him making a big enough impact anymore.
    mate i have never really liked watching valencia or young they are brutal theres no creativity out of either of them they cant beat a man just a waste of wages every week sell both and buy a good player saf

This season is virtually a write off for him now and has been for a while and the games just trickle away so he has very little time to change anything now

The really big concern will be if he continues this into next season assuming he stays here which I think he will

• 30 Mar 2013 2:56 PM

Antonio Valencia: Big Concerns

I know this has probably been done to death but I cant help but constantly feel worried by Valencia's performances. He just looks like a man with no confidence at all and has none of the spark that he showed in his first season at the club. It's quite alarming that a professional footballer can not use his weak foot at all and that makes him into a one-trick pony, and since defenders know this he is not going to be effective at all. It seems that ever since the broken leg he hasn't been the same and to be honest I cannot see him making a big enough impact anymore and unless something miraculous happens with his form he should leave at the end of the season.
    Can Manchester United score? They always score! x Aussie United Fan x
Page 2 of 2 (30 items) < Previous 1 2