The views expressed on this noticeboard are expressed by the fans themselves and do not necessarily reflect the views of Manchester United or any of its representatives. The viewing and posting of messages on this noticeboard is subject to the Forum Terms, which can be viewed here.
Faq
Contact Us
Sort Posts:
Previous Next
  • 7 Apr 2013 6:36 PM

Re: Man United Should Get A FOOTBONAUT Now!!

Dont know why most big clubs doesnt have one yet.Seems like a brilliant machine all footballers can learn from.
    Don`t hate on my opinion!
  • 6 Apr 2013 7:24 PM

I think we should get a real footbonaut. Not some crapy football ball machine that has been used in like every other sport that uses balls. Think about having Beckham back as an ambassador being the first footballer in space. Kicking no gravity balls in an United shirt... making us not just the biggest club in the world but the biggest in the universe.

Just think about it. I'm actually slightly serious. The price would be around $60m and of course if would have to be taken mainly from outside sponsors to not affect the clubs economy. And also probably some of Beckhams personal sponsors and some of his own money (assuming it's something he actually would love to do).

Am I just dreaming? Who do you think will be the first sports player to get out to outer space (not just virgin air ***) as a commercial/promotion thing?

• 6 Apr 2013 6:26 PM

fanchesterunited:
    For anyone who has not heard of it yet... FOOTBONAUT is a pioneering training technology used to develop reaction speed, first touch, technique and passing. According to Jurgen Klopp it would take 16 coaches to replicate what this machine can do. Theres no denying it would benefit players throughout the ranks. This link demonstrates the machine and gives a run down on everything you need to know; http://www.uefa.com/trainingground/coaches/video/videoid=1936054.html?autoplay=true Whats your thoughts on this piece of equipment?!
    How do you know that the club does not already have it or something similar?

P.s Dortmund have done so well in the league this year.

• 6 Apr 2013 1:07 PM
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 28 Apr 2011
    • Posts 2,177

I have not seen this before but I am sure United can afford this if SAF and coaching staff agree that it would be good to have it ... not sure how much of our training is done individually but to me team level training is always much better ... this could be helpful to few players who need to practice specific part of their game ... e.g. I could see Smalling getting some practice with his passing as that is not really his strength ;)
    At the end of this game the European Cup will be only six feet away from you and you'll not be even able to touch it if we lose Don't you dare come back without giving your all
  • 6 Apr 2013 11:11 AM

I can borrow my cousins B&Q trade card. I'm sure a few of us could easily build United one. Cowboy builders version of footbonaut. Who's in?
    He has a lot of talent he does things that can't be taught
  • 5 Apr 2013 8:16 PM

Is that the thing they showed us when Dortmund played either City or Madrid? Basically in a cage where the ball was passed to them and they'd control/pass etc. Clearly it works.
    I'm a dinosaur; I'm an absolute dinosaur but what I am I'm a winner
  • 5 Apr 2013 8:10 PM

I think the secret is in Mario Gotze's thingy on his neck. What's that called actually? Looks like a device
  • 5 Apr 2013 3:52 PM

Mikael Larsson:
    And here I thought you wanted to send one of our players out into space to kick a ball or two... how disappointed I got...
    You're thinking of FOOTBONAUT - THE DOWNING EDITION
    Im outta here toodaloo motherfuckersssssssss
  • 5 Apr 2013 3:45 PM

And here I thought you wanted to send one of our players out into space to kick a ball or two... how disappointed I got...

• 5 Apr 2013 2:58 PM

Saw a video of this a while back, I think there was a thread on here about it as well. I'd like to think United will want something of this style, but it all depends on whether the owners are willing to cough up the money for it, cause I doubt it'll be cheap. Then again, if Klopp's claim is correct, then United could save a bit of money there lol
    Im outta here toodaloo motherfuckersssssssss
  • 5 Apr 2013 2:15 PM

Man United Should Get A FOOTBONAUT Now!!

For anyone who has not heard of it yet... FOOTBONAUT is a pioneering training technology used to develop reaction speed, first touch, technique and passing. According to Jurgen Klopp it would take 16 coaches to replicate what this machine can do. Theres no denying it would benefit players throughout the ranks. This link demonstrates the machine and gives a run down on everything you need to know; http://www.uefa.com/trainingground/coaches/video/videoid=1936054.html?autoplay=true Whats your thoughts on this piece of equipment?!
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)