The views expressed on this noticeboard are expressed by the fans themselves and do not necessarily reflect the views of Manchester United or any of its representatives. The viewing and posting of messages on this noticeboard is subject to the Forum Terms, which can be viewed here.
Faq
Contact Us
Sort Posts:
Previous Next
  • 4 May 2013 10:22 AM

Re: GUNDOGAN

mosley909:
    however im not conviced by his work rate
    That's puzzling, because his work rate is terrific, better than Sven's in fact because unlike the donkey he'll cross the halfway line.

mosley909:
    think he needs a player like bender beside him.
    He doesn't necessarily need a donkey, but someone that can lie deep yes, as even for the national team he'll play with Schweinsteiger/Khedira/Lars Bender who can all play deeper. He has played with Moritz Leitner (an attack-minded midfielder) in midfield before and they've looked ok. It was against City and they ripped them apart, although it's debatable whether city were even interested in that match. He is capable of playing deeper himself as he did against City so he could play with any of our midfielders, but his impact is reduced if that happens.
    I'm a dinosaur; I'm an absolute dinosaur but what I am I'm a winner
  • 4 May 2013 10:07 AM

mosley909:
    red chawstonian:
    The Ronaldo:
    Gündogan is quicker & stronger than Sahin - he's a far more complete player.
    Yes Not to mention he's better defensively, and has a better range of passing.
    i think gundgogan is great and i'd be delighted if we signed him, however im not conviced by his work rate, think he needs a player like bender beside him.

Carrrick (for all his strenghs) all plays better with a player with good work rate and can cover alot of ground and ideally brings a bit of phiscality to the game.... this is not gundgogan, who like carrick main strengh is passing(execpt in a more advanced position)

i guess what im getting at is Gundogan would be a F'ing awful combination.
    How often have you seen him play? Not a lot I'm guessing. Gundogan has a fantastic work rate. He is a box to box midfielder. He gets forward, he gets back, he passes, he tackles. Gundogan is the EXACT player we need alongside Carrick. Perfect midfield combination.
  • 4 May 2013 9:23 AM

mosley909:
    red chawstonian:
    The Ronaldo:
    i think gundgogan is great and i'd be delighted if we signed him, however im not conviced by his work rate, think he needs a player like bender beside him.

Carrrick (for all his strenghs) all plays better with a player with good work rate and can cover alot of ground and ideally brings a bit of phiscality to the game.... this is not gundgogan, who like carrick main strengh is passing(execpt in a more advanced position)

We have a player like Bender in Jones he could be a great partner for Gündogan.
  • 4 May 2013 9:08 AM

We also never had a Japanese player before Kagawa!!!
  • 3 May 2013 8:04 PM

red chawstonian:
    The Ronaldo:

You are my Solskjaer my Ole Solskjaer You make me happy when skies are grey
    Oh Alan Shearer was******* dearer please dont take my Solskjaer away
  • 3 May 2013 7:50 PM

red chawstonian:
    The Ronaldo:

Not to mention , he has got better hair and is taller :P

on the serious note , He is a perfect player who'll take us to a new dimension...

what do you think , will he be in a red next season???

• 3 May 2013 7:22 PM

The Ronaldo:
    I'm a dinosaur; I'm an absolute dinosaur but what I am I'm a winner
  • 3 May 2013 7:18 PM

Walters_14_MuFc:
    I've seen Gundogan play a few times, and has impressed me, but I remember this being a similar case to Nuri Sahin. Sahin was very good at Dortmund, and deservedly got a transfer to Madrid, however, it never really happened for him(injuries didn't help). He then went to Liverpool on loan and struggled to get into their team.

People who watched Sahin at Dortmund and currently watch Gundogan, would you say Gundogan is significantly better than Sahin was at Dortmund?

This is a fair point and I recently thought the same thing.

Gündogan was dubbed as the "new Sahin" and has been asked to play (more or less) the same role that Sahin had played before him. However I think Gündogan is quicker & stronger than Sahin - he's a far more complete player.

Also I don't believe that the reason for Sahin's struggles at RM and Loserpool was his lack of footballing ability. He just wasn't played the right way.

• 3 May 2013 7:11 PM

shivab:
    Whens the last time we bought a german international? i cant remember. Fergie has a problem with ze germans..Gundogan would be perfect..but i dnt think its going to happen
    In fact, in the whole history of Manchester United, we've never had a single german first-team player.
  • 3 May 2013 6:22 PM

I would love to see him at United. Not thinking it will happen though. Nothing really solid linking us with him besides we had scouts at the Dortmund games. We have scouts at hundreds of games and Dortmund especially since they have a lot of very good young talent and still have the image of a somewhat lesser club. I would like to see something more concrete on him.
    MUFC
  • 3 May 2013 5:25 PM

Good player. Although I am amazed how many times we talk about a player sorting EVERYTHING out for us. What if, we buy Gundogan and he gets injured for a knockout game in CL? So I think we need two or three quality midfielders.
  • 3 May 2013 4:43 PM

Brilliant player , exactly the player we want..

heard we have shown some interest in him , hope it ends in the right way...

• 3 May 2013 4:19 PM

Amada15:
    mcrae13:
    Amada15:
    Like I said in a previous thread, I do not understand how a management team like the one at....erh..Manchester United can overlook such a talent, when we have been yearning for a player of his calibre in our midfield for awhile. Understandable, he has came and said he will stay their another year, but those words means little if an enticing offer comes through as seen with Song and Henry for Arsenal.

Manchester United first priority next Summer should be a midfield in his ilk with Gündoğan at the top of list. However, with the departure of Gotze and probably Lewandowski, aquiring him has now become even more difficult as it is unheard of for a team to sell 3 of their best players in a single transfer window. We were slow to react and our attention was pointed in the wrong direction. We should have been more Bayern in our approach to sign Gündoğan, but I doubt we were even interested considered our past with midfield aquisition. Which is dissappointing considering that a player in his..erh..ilk can greatly improve our team performance.

This, I feel we have overlooked a lot of cheap top talent in the midfield area especially in Germany. Another example beign Vidal before he went to Juventus. I just cant see Dortmund Selling anyone else unless they just demand a transferand rasie hell. Dortmund scouts have been top notch.
    It seems that our chief scout was at the Signal Iduna Park monitoring either Lewandowski or Gündoğan. Knowing the inside of football, all the Lewandowski rumors that we have been linked with can be a diversion towards our interest of...erh....İlkay Gündoğan. Even though Lewandowski is a great player, you would have to think from an...erh...footballing perspective to why we would need another "out and out striker" that would not be satisfied warming the bench. With Van Persie still here, Lewandowski would not displace him, but complement him in a two striker system. A system we have barely used this season as seen with Hernandez discontent with lack of game time.

I rather keep Hernandez to play the " inzaghi/Solskjær," rather than buy a world class striker who would change the shape of our system. Moreover, we have two quality young strikers in Angelo Henriquez and Will Keane(can be our Lewandowski), to add depth in this area of the field. Gündoğan signing makes more sense than the Lewandowski rumor, and our management team at times knows what they are doing. So, their is slim chance that Gündoğan might come to Manchester United if you look at things from a footballing perspective. The only element to thwart any deal is whether Dortmund would actually consider selling another of their star players.

Good to see football is still making sense. Hopefully, kagawa can lure Gündoğan to United lol. If not, then there are still plenty of players in his...erh...ilk out their. I expect Rooney to be our cm next season though lol.
    When it erh comes to football
    I am a God
  • 27 Apr 2013 1:32 PM

I think Gundogan would be just a perfect player for us , with young out and bale in , those 2 would be just the final pieces of the jigsaw going into the new season
  • 27 Apr 2013 1:05 PM

I've seen Gundogan play a few times, and has impressed me, but I remember this being a similar case to Nuri Sahin. Sahin was very good at Dortmund, and deservedly got a transfer to Madrid, however, it never really happened for him(injuries didn't help). He then went to Liverpool on loan and struggled to get into their team.

People who watched Sahin at Dortmund and currently watch Gundogan, would you say Gundogan is significantly better than Sahin was at Dortmund?

MAN UTD 4 LIFE!!!
Page 1 of 4 (50 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >