The views expressed on this noticeboard are expressed by the fans themselves and do not necessarily reflect the views of Manchester United or any of its representatives. The viewing and posting of messages on this noticeboard is subject to the Forum Terms, which can be viewed here.
Faq
Contact Us
Sort Posts:
Previous Next
  • 8 Jul 2013 8:26 PM

Re: What happened to the Strootman deal?

Tekkerz:
    Strootman certainly is overrated but when you consider our current midfield options he'd be a good addition to the squad. If I find that someone like Baines comes in first and is prioritised over a midfielder it would be rather upseting. But we can only speculate so I'd welcome him here, hopefully we really are interested.
    If he is overated and I agree he probably is, why buy him? Just because he happens to be a CM.?

Surely we should only be looking at the top of the very toppest drawer to play for United.

Buying average or moderate players isn't going to win in Europe. Just having the physical numbers to merely pad out the squad is the road to mediocrity.

• 8 Jul 2013 6:59 PM

Mark Rodriguez:
    Fellaini may put fear into the opposition, but only when he is in the hole behind the striker. And we won't be playing him there. As a CM, he put fear into the opposition of being fouled. He is not a good dmf.
    plus imagine him and carrick play together..... to say we would lack mobility in CM would be like saying Joe Kinnear lacks subtlety

PS: this is not me slating carrick, think he is a great player, but he needs a partner with mobility!!
    You are my Solskjaer my Ole Solskjaer You make me happy when skies are grey
    Oh Alan Shearer was******* dearer please dont take my Solskjaer away
  • 8 Jul 2013 6:50 PM

I'm not a massive fan of Fellaini mainly because he is a dirty player who gets too many red and yellow cards. He also has the most ridiculous hair cut ever. If you can call it a hair cut.

Please tell me, is there any rule in football that prevents us cutting a round section out of Fellainis hair in which De Gea can place the ball and let Fellaini run the whole pitch and straight into the opposing goal?

• 8 Jul 2013 6:44 PM

Fellaini may put fear into the opposition, but only when he is in the hole behind the striker. And we won't be playing him there. As a CM, he put fear into the opposition of being fouled. He is not a good dmf.
  • 8 Jul 2013 5:58 PM

Strootman certainly is overrated but when you consider our current midfield options he'd be a good addition to the squad. If I find that someone like Baines comes in first and is prioritised over a midfielder it would be rather upseting. But we can only speculate so I'd welcome him here, hopefully we really are interested.
    GGMU
  • 8 Jul 2013 5:15 PM

bloodisred:
    me23:
    Dont know.It could have been wrapped up already but for some reason,it isnt.

We are moving slow.

Kevin Strootman said, "There are several clubs interested but only when they reach an agreement with PSV do I come into the picture,"
    "This is not to say that any are in the world's top six."
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12040/8813613/Eredivisie-Kevin-Strootman-is-eyeing-a-move-away-from-PSV

Does he not consider United as one of the top six clubs of the world? Or we have not shown any interest in him so far?
    Going by that I'd say no interest.

I'd prefer Fellaini myself anyway. Proven PL player who put fear into the opposition.
  • 8 Jul 2013 5:14 PM

Mark Rodriguez:
    Please don't say inevitable. If he brings in Fellaini, that bodes Very badly for our next season.
    just a feeling, the longer the thiago thing goes on the less likly it seems, and we havnt been linked with strootman in months, and the number of viable CM candidates seems to be falling by the day

add that to moyes links with fellani and the fact fellani isnt really a martinez type player, just seems to add up

hope im wrong though, fellani is a decent enough player in the hole if you want to hit long balls to him, but he isnt a great CM what ever he says.

but i agree would bode very bad if we signed him.
  • 8 Jul 2013 5:10 PM

me23:

We are moving slow.

Kevin Strootman said, "There are several clubs interested but only when they reach an agreement with PSV do I come into the picture,"
    "This is not to say that any are in the world's top six."
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12040/8813613/Eredivisie-Kevin-Strootman-is-eyeing-a-move-away-from-PSV

Does he not consider United as one of the top six clubs of the world? Or we have not shown any interest in him so far?
    Isaac Newton was the greatest scientist ever!
  • 8 Jul 2013 5:08 PM

Please don't say inevitable. If he brings in Fellaini, that bodes Very badly for our next season.
  • 8 Jul 2013 5:03 PM

we dont know we where ever intrested!!!

the more times goes on, the more a bid for fellani just seems inevitable!
  • 8 Jul 2013 5:02 PM

me23:

We are moving slow.

IF we are interested in him and IF the quote I linked to earlier is true, then the issue may not be that we are moving slow, it could be that he is being deliberate in his decision making.
    Lighten up Francis
  • 8 Jul 2013 4:56 PM

We are moving slow.

Don`t hate on my opinion!
  • 8 Jul 2013 4:34 PM

http://www.football365.com/news/21554/8813613/Eredivisie-Kevin-Strootman-is-eyeing-a-move-away-from-PSV

Here is a quote from the Strootman " I do not make hasty decisions about my future."

Lighten up Francis
  • 8 Jul 2013 3:40 PM

Don't believe what you read.
  • 8 Jul 2013 10:30 AM

What happened to the Strootman deal?

Am I the only one disappointed that we are losing a crucial player to Rom***
Page 2 of 2 (30 items) < Previous 1 2