The views expressed on this noticeboard are expressed by the fans themselves and do not necessarily reflect the views of Manchester United or any of its representatives. The viewing and posting of messages on this noticeboard is subject to the Forum Terms, which can be viewed here.
Faq
Contact Us
Sort Posts:
Previous Next
  • 30 Sep 2013 3:54 PM

Re: Moyes being branded an idiot by our own supporters...

Captain Marvel No.7:
    Kenneth M:
    And I guess we'll hold Ed Woodward for the team selection too éy? Lets put the signings aside, but look at how he accounts himself. From the beginning he said he wouldn't mind losing out on big signings because his squad was deep and was content with that. Yesterday he comes on t.v and says the current squad are not CL winners. Which manager does that?? We need someone who has a belief in players. If Mourinho was small minded like him were Porto ever going to win the CL??
    Ed Woodward doesnt pick the team, your right but then again does anyone know what he actually does? Do you think the current squad are CL winners? They are miles off it, absolute miles, no point bullsh*tting about it. To have belief in players the belief has to be genuine and Moyes has seen enough already to come to the opinion we are way short.

Why pull a PR stunt and tell the world we can win the CL if he doesnt think we can? Now that would make him look stupid.

But what did he do the rectify this situation of not enough world class players. Goes out and signs Fellaini. No world class players would sign for him due to the fact his name is too small. I'm not 100% sure who but one of the youngsters i think it was Coutinho from Liverpool said he had no idea who Moyes was before he joined liverpool. That is pretty standard for most young south americans i would have thought and there goes a huge stockpile of players that we now can not tap into. Believe it or not Sir Alex was a HUUUUUUGGGGEEEEEEE reason for players signing for Manchester United. When you sign for Manchester United you sign for SIr Alex. In players mind, we don't offer the highest wages, we don't play the best football, we have *** weather but Sir Alex and the name Man Utd is the reason some players sign.

Now take out 50% of that and what are you left with? A pretty unattractive place to sign for in all honesty. Thats why we needed someone who would take us in another direction. Not Moyes who would try to emulate Fergie but seems like he is failing. Playing worse football than ever, tactics are nonexistant, response to ingame ques seems lacking and wasting an extra 4-5 mil on Fellaini who could have been bought for cheaper. Do you really expect that from a manager of one of the top 3-4 biggest clubs in the world? I certainly don't

Why does it seem like other managers seem to come into other clubs and don't make multiple mistakes straight away. Bayern look better than last year, Madrid albeit losing to a strong atletico side have been quite good, Barca are better than last year yet the team that won the premier league now looks like it will struggle to get into the top 4. How?

We all knew it was going to be a step down from Sir Alex but how far down was the question, with Moyes we have fallen further down than another candidate would have done. Well that's my 2 cents.

• 30 Sep 2013 3:45 PM

I really can't work out what has happened to Moyes. He was not my choice and don't think he is the right man for the job but the way he is conducting himself at the minute it is as like he has never managed a football team before. His naïve comments at press conferences are just crazy, his contradictions and slating the players. I can't recall him ever doing these things with Everton. The whole defence changed on Saturday. Looked like they have never played together. He doesn't know his squad? Same could be said for Martinez, Mourinho or Pellegrini. Very strange indeed
  • 30 Sep 2013 3:25 PM

@red_peasah:
    kingcat0:
    Kenneth M:
    If Mourinho was small minded like him were Porto ever going to win the CL??

Fantastic point, exactly.

even Chelsea won the CL just a year ago. is their team better than ours???
    Excellent point. Di Matteo never said he had a poor squad...he put his troops together and fought to achieve something! Same to Benitez last season. He won them a UEFA cup without slating the team, despite their deficiencies. Same to Mourinho. He never once thought his Porto team was inadequate. Same to Arsene. he never says his team is inadequate, even if he knows that. Its hard to defend Moyes approach. If we were playing a certain style of soccer, creating 25 chances and not scoring a goal, we would then say, look, the team is playing well but we just seem to be unlucky, or we just need a small team chemistry and all will be good. With Moyes we are rigid, boring and drab, and he has scored only 4 GOALS, only 4 on open play with the strikers we have. How can he explain that to us? SAF is not to blame for the current situation, he used his best weapon, motivating a team of average guys and making them believe they can win something. If Moyes cannot do the same, then he is not worth our team, and our club is more important than him, we can always move on and get someone who understands our soccer ideals and ethos.
  • 30 Sep 2013 3:22 PM

thomas21:
    You do not criticise your players in public.......He will start a players revolt before he is done......The Rooney statement about him playing second to RVP, then criticising Kagawa........What next..... He should look at his own mistakes, and take most of the blame himself..... His team selections and substitutions are ridiculous......
    Could not agree more. This is what I fear - complete loss of the dressing room. With Fergie, everyone knew - right or wrong - it would always be the player who would be booted out. They also know now, That the same is not necessarily applicable to Moyes. Moyes is sackable. Maybe Fergie envisaged in his worst case scenarios that should the going get tough, some support from everyone would ride the storm. I am SURE Fergie never imagined things would go SO wrong. Literally, if it were a chess match, every move by Moyes has been tactilly naive and without any foresight.
  • 30 Sep 2013 3:17 PM

Walters_14_MuFc:
    david ausman:
    Moyes doesn't has to answer yes manu can or cannot win the CL. By saying yes is adding pressure to all players, by saying NO will destroy confidence in this situation. So, the best way is to answer we'll try to do our best. Thats it!
    On the other hand, although you might think this sounds funny, Moyes could have said that to get the players to pull their fingers out and actually show Moyes that there are 5/6 world class players in our squad on their day.
    Seriously, you are trying to clutch at straws here. Admit it.
  • 30 Sep 2013 3:10 PM

Honestly, David Moyes doesnt look like the man for this job. Is he intimidated by the sheer size of Man Utd? I respect Sir Alex alot...but until otherwise, I think his choice of Moyes was flawed and fraught with ethnic bias against better experienced managers. Those who argue that Sir Alex waited a decade before his maiden trophy should also remember that he never inherited a league winning squad. THIS IS NOT THE MAN UTD WE KNOW. MOYES HAS TO SIT UP...GUARD HIS UTTERANCES...PRODUCE RESULTS...OR BE SHOWN THE DOOR!
  • 30 Sep 2013 2:53 PM

nige49:
    pele 10:
    DaNNe:
    pele 10:
    The year United won the treble they were far from perfect.

They started the season losing the Charity Shield to Arsenal 3-0 in the first competative game.

The started the League with 2 draws and a loss in the first 5 games. They went through a 12 game stretch from October 24th-December 29th where they accumalated 17pts from a possible 36pts.

In the Group stages of the CL United had only 2 wins from 6 games mind you the other four matches were draws. They came second in the Group.

I think some are mis-interpreting what Moyes is saying and the papers and pundits are only making it worse.

What are you trying to say? That Moyes is going to win the treble?

Because from what I have heard: ''We cant win the Champions Leauge''

No what I´m trying to show is this is a knee jerk reaction to a few bad results. Nothing more.

Saying we´ll win the treble would be a long shot but who knows.especially in cup ties.

I agree that to be calling for Moyes to go, so early in the season is a knee jerk reaction.

I personally think he needs time to build his own team and make his mark. However, I am disappointed at some of his comments and just starting to panic a little bit more each day.

To be honest I hate press Conferences after games and think a lot of what is said is taken out of context. Especially after a poor result..
  • 30 Sep 2013 2:52 PM

Captain Marvel No.7:
    Has to be said i'm embarrassed to be associated with some of the United fans on this board. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and i get that but for Moyes to be branded an idiot, second rate, a fool, etc etc is disappointing to say the least.

Right now the country is revelling in United's plight, the media, the pundits, you name it everyone and it beggars belief that some of our supporters are joining them rather than us all standing together and backing the manager.

The guy has had 6 games, SIX GAMES...when will some of you ever learn? Unfortunately somebody had to follow Fergie and yet the first sign of tough times some of you see fit to start laying into the new manager.

If you wanna blame anyone for our plight try blaming Ed Woodward and the board for not giving Moyes the tools to help him succeed Fergie. We are now bearing the fruits of our summer transfer window.

If you wanna blame someone try blaming Fergie for failing to address our shocking excuse of a midfield year after year.

If you wanna blame someone, try blaming the players for allowing their standards to slip so soon into Moyes' tenure. Im sure David Moyes didnt instruct them to do that.

Yes it hasnt been a good start but he'll come good and those calling for Jugen Klopp so that Hummels, Subotic, Lewandowski, Bender & Gundogan would all join United please give your heads a wobble. Its Fantasy stuff, stick to FIFA.

I personally have never said anything like that about d.moyes, I think he lacks the attributes we need and think he's out of his depth. Having said that its a very good thread with good points.
  • 30 Sep 2013 2:48 PM

pele 10:
    DaNNe:
    pele 10:

They started the season losing the Charity Shield to Arsenal 3-0 in the first competative game.

The started the League with 2 draws and a loss in the first 5 games. They went through a 12 game stretch from October 24th-December 29th where they accumalated 17pts from a possible 36pts.

In the Group stages of the CL United had only 2 wins from 6 games mind you the other four matches were draws. They came second in the Group.

I think some are mis-interpreting what Moyes is saying and the papers and pundits are only making it worse.

No what I´m trying to show is this is a knee jerk reaction to a few bad results. Nothing more.

Saying we´ll win the treble would be a long shot but who knows.especially in cup ties.

I agree that to be calling for Moyes to go, so early in the season is a knee jerk reaction.

I personally think he needs time to build his own team and make his mark. However, I am disappointed at some of his comments and just starting to panic a little bit more each day.

there are no city fans only united haters
  • 30 Sep 2013 2:41 PM

You do not criticise your players in public.......He will start a players revolt before he is done......The Rooney statement about him playing second to RVP, then criticising Kagawa........What next..... He should look at his own mistakes, and take most of the blame himself..... His team selections and substitutions are ridiculous......
  • 30 Sep 2013 2:39 PM

david ausman:
    Moyes doesn't has to answer yes manu can or cannot win the CL. By saying yes is adding pressure to all players, by saying NO will destroy confidence in this situation. So, the best way is to answer we'll try to do our best. Thats it!
    On the other hand, although you might think this sounds funny, Moyes could have said that to get the players to pull their fingers out and actually show Moyes that there are 5/6 world class players in our squad on their day.
    MAN UTD 4 LIFE!!!
  • 30 Sep 2013 2:36 PM

DaNNe:
    pele 10:

• 30 Sep 2013 2:34 PM

Everything Moyes has done so far has been wrong/bad decisions...it's this that make's him look like an idiot.... i think if we lose 2 out of the next three game's he'll get the sack no matter what SAF thinks....................Hoping he can turn it around, but really I have little faith in him....
  • 30 Sep 2013 2:30 PM

pele 10:

• 30 Sep 2013 2:27 PM

I think the way Ed Woodward and the board handled the transfers this year is rediculous, I am not blaming Moyes, he needs time like Fergie did. But, the way the chief exec managed the transfers is unacceptable, sorry but we needed a couple of world class midfielders (NOT FELLANI). And one thing I want to see is Mr Moyes give Wilfred Zaha a chance to play, he is one of the most promising English talents around, he needs a chance to play rather than being Valencia's bench warmer. I think Valencia is class when he is on his day, but for me I want to see Zaha play.
Page 2 of 4 (52 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >