The views expressed on this noticeboard are expressed by the fans themselves and do not necessarily reflect the views of Manchester United or any of its representatives. The viewing and posting of messages on this noticeboard is subject to the Forum Terms, which can be viewed here.
Faq
Contact Us
Sort Posts:
Previous Next
  • 20 Oct 2013 11:53 AM

Re: Is Fellaini Our Worst Signing ever?

As said before, no he's not the worst ever .... but he was never good enough, not a top quality player who could play the way we needed in the position we needed:

Huge mistake to get him at any price from £5 upwards.

Doesn't matter how long you give him it will never be long enough for him to become anywhere near a useful addition, in fact he makes our midfield worse and thats saying something as it hasn't been good enough (at the top level) for some time and we've continually failed to strengthen the side properly so sadly in that sense it's no great surprise that we're currently in trouble.

• 20 Oct 2013 9:34 AM

Walters_14_MuFc:
    Although it's too early to judge, if Fellaini does flop at Utd, it wouldn't be the first time we've spent excessive amounts of a centre midfielder that hasn't quite lived up to expectations. Veron, Anderson, Hargreaves(was good but injury prone) to name a few. All our other centre midfielders have either come from our academy or have been bargains. I can now see why SAF didn't spend anymore money on centre midfielders lol.
    This is partly because Fergi like to convert striker into MF, such as Scholes, Smith, Rooney, as he doesn't know what a real quality MF is made of. Throughout his reign he has only bought Keane, Hargreaves (if not injured) , Carrick as successful MF.

Back on the captioned subject. No Fellaini is not our worst signing, think about Miller or Djembar who has hardly played. He is just too expensive and not what you expect on this kind of price tag. If there was other MF on board and if Fellaini is only at 15m then you probably won't moan about him. Just consider him a glorified Fletcher and give him 2 years to settle down.
  • 20 Oct 2013 9:15 AM

I'm sure you can judge after just 7 appearances...
  • 19 Oct 2013 8:59 PM

He is just not good enough and i think the problem is that he is not a midfielder
  • 19 Oct 2013 8:14 PM

Although it's too early to judge, if Fellaini does flop at Utd, it wouldn't be the first time we've spent excessive amounts of a centre midfielder that hasn't quite lived up to expectations. Veron, Anderson, Hargreaves(was good but injury prone) to name a few. All our other centre midfielders have either come from our academy or have been bargains. I can now see why SAF didn't spend anymore money on centre midfielders lol.
    MAN UTD 4 LIFE!!!
  • 19 Oct 2013 7:46 PM

This has more pace than Fellaini ----> Snail
  • 19 Oct 2013 6:25 PM

No, there are a few who were worse (djemba djemba !!!), that being said, we certainly should never have bought him

It was obvious from his style of play alone that he wouldn't fit in, that coupled with the fact that he's an average player nowhere near United quality as the game showed to everyone today, he hasn't got a clue what he's doing there at all.

But Moyes has to pick him to try and justify the fact thought he bought him, but it's just showing that he shouldn't have and everton must be laughing all the way to the bank that they got the amount they did.

Sadly moyes is out of his depth.

• 19 Oct 2013 6:19 PM

He has been very poor so far

The reason for this is that for some unknown bizarre reason Moyes is playing him as DM, when at Everton he played him as AM

IT doesn't matter whether Fellaini wants to play DM, he is not good enough to play that role

Playing as an AM is where he plays best because his role is not to defend, BUT he does a lot of good work HELPING the 2 CM/DMs

When he is one of the CM/DMs he is poor, especially if paired with another slow immobile player ie Carrick

Fellaini's best position is AM between 2 midfielders and a striker and Carrick's best position would be a Busquets role in a midfield 3

However we try and play them as a CM partnership at it doesnt F'ING work, we already seen this in City game, Moyes didn't

• 19 Oct 2013 6:18 PM

fergies minion:
    jasper99:
    momo83:
    jasper99:
    daft question,anyone who recalls veron will say it was a total waste of 28mill,laziest tw at I ever saw...
    Veron was class, apparent from his debut vs Blackburn, but sadly right player wrong system at the time.
    yeah course,his debut!!,after that??,wrong player,right team,qe2 cud turn quicker than the argie idiot,wasnt it keano who slapped him half time in a champions league quarter final?,class he may have been,but never for us im afraid...
    In fairness Veron was terrible for us. Scholes was moved up front to accommodate him and it never worked, he was mainly lazy. I will agree there's only £.5million in the transfer fees. But if you consider the times and inflation, £28million back then was like paying about £60/70million in today's climate.
    which makes the veron deal look worse,,other than him,,poborsky,kleberson,djemba,cruyff,bebe,errrr??,I have to stop coz theres b loo dy loads of the b u ggers....hahahahahahaha...
    remembering games daisy chains and laughs got to keep the looneys on the path
  • 19 Oct 2013 6:05 PM

jasper99:
    momo83:
    jasper99:
    daft question,anyone who recalls veron will say it was a total waste of 28mill,laziest tw at I ever saw...
    Veron was class, apparent from his debut vs Blackburn, but sadly right player wrong system at the time.
    yeah course,his debut!!,after that??,wrong player,right team,qe2 cud turn quicker than the argie idiot,wasnt it keano who slapped him half time in a champions league quarter final?,class he may have been,but never for us im afraid...
    In fairness Veron was terrible for us. Scholes was moved up front to accommodate him and it never worked, he was mainly lazy. I will agree there's only £.5million in the transfer fees. But if you consider the times and inflation, £28million back then was like paying about £60/70million in today's climate.
    Oh he missed it Terry missed it
  • 19 Oct 2013 5:59 PM

momo83:
    jasper99:
  • 19 Oct 2013 5:58 PM

taking off Fellaini made us weaker and allowed Southampton to get through us more easily! Yes Fellaini is not crafty and not pleasing on the eye to watch play, but he did a good job being a nuisance, nothing more and nothing less.
  • 19 Oct 2013 5:54 PM

jasper99:
  • 19 Oct 2013 5:51 PM

• 19 Oct 2013 5:49 PM

Fellaini wasn't great today, but he wasn't terrible either!

I certainly don't think we can blame one player for our problems, regardless of his fee and whether or not we should've signed him.

The substitutions cost us dearly today. Nani wasn't playing great but he was keeping Shaw busy, Giggs struggled with Shaw once he was introduced=bad change by DM.

Them DM notices the above problem with Shaw, and Moves Januzaj out right.. Fair enough? Problem was too do this he took Fellaini off and moved Giggs in centre and Welbeck on the left wing. This messed up the whole team and we looked shaky.

Noticing his mistakes and worrying about them costing the team, Moyes made his finale mistake and his most fatal. He took Rooney off for Smalling to hold on for the win... With Rooney off and Fellaini off Southampton pushed more men forward the extra CB on the field confused are players as nobody was certain where they should be!

This is why we conceded late and we had no chance from there on in.

I'm gutted about the result as I thought we played very well today completely controlled the game and created lots of chances, there certainly wasn't a lot wrong! But the subs were a complete nightmare. And the book stops with DM.

Oh he missed it Terry missed it
Page 3 of 4 (52 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >