The views expressed on this noticeboard are expressed by the fans themselves and do not necessarily reflect the views of Manchester United or any of its representatives. The viewing and posting of messages on this noticeboard is subject to the Forum Terms, which can be viewed here.
Faq
Contact Us
Sort Posts:
Previous Next
  • 19 Apr 2016 5:10 PM

Re: martial is overrated

I am really interested in knowing which other 20 year old in the world is better than Martial. Please back it with hard facts, not opinions.
  • 19 Apr 2016 4:59 PM

And about Martial and Rahsford. Martial didnt had RAshford and Lingard as his teammates on the pitch when he was struggling like the team. Rashford is having the relations and connections of Martial, Lingard and VArela did help one goal. So again, when you stated a player is overated. Its just a side of the story or a side of a coin. Football is not like Tennis. Then you will see the point. The relations to your teamates. And in Tennis. The referee might has a more easier job or lesser impact on the game. So again, its a lot to write about. A lot;). But i better to stop. You can search my earlier posts. Football is a team and collective sport.
  • 19 Apr 2016 4:36 PM

7isthemagicnumber:
    andy19850:
    yes but at least martial is performing in most games and scoring, he has had a good first season!
    only scored 8 times and rashford has 4 already
    martial scored 13 goals this season, rashford scored 7
  • 19 Apr 2016 4:31 PM

Maybe a bit, but like i have mentioned a lot of time. It depend on many things too. Like the quality of your teammates. And i m hoping LVG is not reading this. Because im feeling the same thing with Di Maria like Martial. Even before Martial start to play a game or even the season start. I knew if LVG didnt use Herrera regular. United attack would struggle to come to clear cut chances. Because i have obsserved the pace of some of United attacking players. So the my point with Di Maria and Martial. Di Maria came some years for early. Martial start like Di Maria really well. But when the team went into a bad period. Martial was struggling to come to clear big chances. Martial was good for Monaco against Arsenal last season. So again, it many factors. But i dont want to repeat it again or write a lot. If i do, i get to write a lot and i dont want to bother some who dislike long post.

But in the end. Marital is still young. He can still improve a lot. With better teammates that will lift his level. He will be longer conistent on the best level. Every players have up and down trough the season. So yeah, he cost a lot. But its no doubt the pontential of him and how good he can be. With the relations to his teammates on the pitch.

• 19 Apr 2016 4:14 PM

I kind of agree. Far too often Ive seen him just drifting in games, not making any real effort unless the ball is right at his feet. I will reserve judgement on him though until after Ive seen under someone other than LVG.
    #notmyunitedmanager
  • 19 Apr 2016 3:59 PM

andy19850:
    yes but at least martial is performing in most games and scoring, he has had a good first season!
    only scored 8 times and rashford has 4 already
    Lots of poets play football but poets don't win titles
  • 19 Apr 2016 3:46 PM

• 19 Apr 2016 3:43 PM

martial is overrated

we have seen it all before 2 seasons ago januzaj scores great goal on debut overhyped martial scores great goal on debut overhyped people said januzaj was only bright spark under moyes people say martial is only bright spot under lvg we bought martial as a striker but he no goalscorer his striking technique average he doesnt make runs fernando and devill 26 would back me up on this he like many other people want lukaku i want zlatan though best striker in the world even rashford is a far better striker than martial and martial on the left is predictble just does same thing cut in cut in doesnt do skills either and does not score enough for a wide player he is too lazy and walks around the pitch 8 goals in 25 games is not man utd quality
    Lots of poets play football but poets don't win titles
Page 25 of 25 (368 items) « First ... < Previous 21 22 23 24 25