The views expressed on this noticeboard are expressed by the fans themselves and do not necessarily reflect the views of Manchester United or any of its representatives. The viewing and posting of messages on this noticeboard is subject to the Forum Terms, which can be viewed here.
Faq
Contact Us
Sort Posts:
Previous Next
  • 18 Feb 2017 4:32 PM

Re: Chris Smalling

fernando426:
    mufcmanutdmufc:
    fernando426:
    mufcmanutdmufc:
    foxbat:
    tim-scoreboard:
    foxbat:
    I thought he had a very good game. I think it may have been his best game for us for sometime. It was good to see that he stepped up when Bailly was having a bit of a nightmare early on.
    It is vital that when one center back looks shaky, that his mate steps up, that builds confidence and the defensive relationship
    I hope that this is a new start for him and that he can play and be confident always.
    hes had to many hopes of new starts hes been here for years and its never came because hes not god enough, hes not going to turn into vidic or stam next season and be better then them the season after, we cant keep giving average players chances
    Guess we should ship Jones out as well then.
    jones when he played before he got injured did great if he wasnt injured and playing every week he would be even better
    No he's had too many oppertunities much like you just said about Smalling, it must be 6 years is it as well and Smalling has really only got over his injury issues in the last 2 years as he used to be a sicknote. You're right we should ship all the average out. Valencia,Herrera, Lingard, Zlatan,Martial,Pogba, DeGea,Rojo, the physio, the manager the seats, the grass, just get rid of it all.
    jones when played has been great though thats the thing, smalling hasnt and been average at best, smalling being injured isnt a problem its the standard of defending, look at jones tough tackling and brave when not injured. ild have messi, neyhmar etc being injured as much as jones in the team.
  • 18 Feb 2017 4:27 PM

mufcmanutdmufc:
    fernando426:
    mufcmanutdmufc:
    foxbat:
    tim-scoreboard:
    foxbat:
    I thought he had a very good game. I think it may have been his best game for us for sometime. It was good to see that he stepped up when Bailly was having a bit of a nightmare early on.
    It is vital that when one center back looks shaky, that his mate steps up, that builds confidence and the defensive relationship
    I hope that this is a new start for him and that he can play and be confident always.
    hes had to many hopes of new starts hes been here for years and its never came because hes not god enough, hes not going to turn into vidic or stam next season and be better then them the season after, we cant keep giving average players chances
    jones when he played before he got injured did great if he wasnt injured and playing every week he would be even better
    No he's had too many oppertunities much like you just said about Smalling, it must be 6 years is it as well and Smalling has really only got over his injury issues in the last 2 years as he used to be a sicknote. You're right we should ship all the average out. Valencia,Herrera, Lingard, Zlatan,Martial,Pogba, DeGea,Rojo, the physio, the manager the seats, the grass, just get rid of it all.
  • 18 Feb 2017 4:15 PM

fernando426:
    mufcmanutdmufc:
    foxbat:
    tim-scoreboard:
    foxbat:
  • 18 Feb 2017 4:10 PM

mufcmanutdmufc:
    foxbat:
    tim-scoreboard:
    foxbat:
  • 18 Feb 2017 12:36 PM

foxbat:
    tim-scoreboard:
    foxbat:
  • 18 Feb 2017 12:04 PM

tim-scoreboard:
    foxbat:
  • 18 Feb 2017 12:00 PM

foxbat:
  • 17 Feb 2017 12:20 PM

• 15 Feb 2017 9:57 PM

jonta:
    leighmanc:
    don't see him as a 1st choice united defender but he's a good squad player to have around
    Jose must think something of him his made him captain in the last couple of weeks
    He is the Captain when Rooney or Carrick is not playing. The same when LVG was there.
  • 15 Feb 2017 9:29 PM

myteamutd:
    7isthemagicnumber:
    Smalling in my humble opinion has been very inconsistent at times looked like bamby on ice and just generally being inconsistent at key moments and most importantly hasn't become the leader we needed him to be. His moment of stupidity with his red card against Man City, his own goal in the Fa Cup final. He's been poor this season but one thing we know about Jose is that defenders improve dramatically under his influence we've seen with Rojo who was in my opinion the worst left back I've ever seen and now he's had quite the turnaround. Could Smalling be on the cusp of the same? Mind you it was against two mediorce teams and he'll need to perform against the top 6 for the jury to not be out but I just wanted to give him some praise. He played well. Keep it up Chris.
    Been saying this for the past 5 years...how old is he now?

Too many false dawns....he gives 100% but he's simply not good enough

exactly hes had his chances its not like now he can be the greatest united center half next two years and overnight be world class after all this time, theres been nothing to show hes even going to be good, giving 100% is useless without being good enough, vidic at 75% was better the quality not the effort is what counts
  • 15 Feb 2017 8:21 PM

leighmanc:
    don't see him as a 1st choice united defender but he's a good squad player to have around
    Jose must think something of him his made him captain in the last couple of weeks
  • 15 Feb 2017 8:13 PM

Dainian:
    Smalling is not good enough. He needs to be sold there much better defenders out there than Smalling. Makes me sick seeing with the captain armband this guy can't even captain his self much less captaining Manchester United. His never been good enough I've never seeing anything good about him to say he is going to be a top class defender. He can't pass the ball forword because it never finds the player so what he does is chooses the easy way out is passing side ways he does that all the time. That's not a good defender that's rubbish. He just can't defend. Jones is the better player and he is not great edither but he can read the game and defend better than Smalling. Rojo is the best centre back we have at this time with out dought if it wasn't for Rojo I don't think we would have been challenging for anything the quick he is back the better. Bailly is not great edither to much hype I haven't seen anything great from him it's only a matter of time before he gets sent off he needs to realise that he is playing for one of the biggest clubs I world football and up his game it's football not karate and also last year Blind was our best defender not Smalling
    You don't rate Bailey?

Anyone else?

• 15 Feb 2017 8:11 PM

7isthemagicnumber:
    Smalling in my humble opinion has been very inconsistent at times looked like bamby on ice and just generally being inconsistent at key moments and most importantly hasn't become the leader we needed him to be. His moment of stupidity with his red card against Man City, his own goal in the Fa Cup final. He's been poor this season but one thing we know about Jose is that defenders improve dramatically under his influence we've seen with Rojo who was in my opinion the worst left back I've ever seen and now he's had quite the turnaround. Could Smalling be on the cusp of the same? Mind you it was against two mediorce teams and he'll need to perform against the top 6 for the jury to not be out but I just wanted to give him some praise. He played well. Keep it up Chris.
    Been saying this for the past 5 years...how old is he now?

Too many false dawns....he gives 100% but he's simply not good enough

• 14 Feb 2017 12:02 PM

Dainian:
    Smalling is not good enough. He needs to be sold there much better defenders out there than Smalling. Makes me sick seeing with the captain armband this guy can't even captain his self much less captaining Manchester United. His never been good enough I've never seeing anything good about him to say he is going to be a top class defender. He can't pass the ball forword because it never finds the player so what he does is chooses the easy way out is passing side ways he does that all the time. That's not a good defender that's rubbish. He just can't defend. Jones is the better player and he is not great edither but he can read the game and defend better than Smalling. Rojo is the best centre back we have at this time with out dought if it wasn't for Rojo I don't think we would have been challenging for anything the quick he is back the better. Bailly is not great edither to much hype I haven't seen anything great from him it's only a matter of time before he gets sent off he needs to realise that he is playing for one of the biggest clubs I world football and up his game it's football not karate and also last year Blind was our best defender not Smalling
    hes never been good enough its embarssing seeing him in a united shirt, mike keane was a better defender then smalling and he went and we have smalling better on the ball (what hes not even great at) then defending. a player of smalling level shouldnt be playing for united ever we need to look down on them as not good enough or even think about getting, atleast with jose he wants warriors and would rather win then give players a chance who arent good enough etc fergie put players like smalling, fletcher, evans etc before buyin super stars he wanted to see them improve instead of going out to get the best and just get results
  • 13 Feb 2017 11:10 AM

Page 4 of 7 (98 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last »