The views expressed on this noticeboard are expressed by the fans themselves and do not necessarily reflect the views of Manchester United or any of its representatives. The viewing and posting of messages on this noticeboard is subject to the Forum Terms, which can be viewed here.
Faq
Contact Us
Sort Posts:
Previous Next
  • 17 Feb 2017 12:35 PM

Re: Ibra the best since Van Nisselroy do you think ?

I thought weirdly he did alright yesterday, he did more team focused things and did a lot more selfless runs. It wasn't all about him, he played for the team, he seemed to be doing the same in the last 15 against Watford which is what I've been saying he needs to do all season. But in no way was he man of the match last night.

Also RVN was dropped for Saha becuase Saha was what was best for the team. Sound familiar.

• 17 Feb 2017 12:34 PM

gav81:
    He's ok but Ronaldo, Van Persie and peak Rooney were better.

If you look at Zlatan's Opta 'big chance' conversion rate this season it's actually quite poor compared to other forwards and he's not the most mobile, which fair enough suits our playstyle now.

Zlatan at his peak would have been comfortably better than RVP,Rooney and Ruud.RVP,Rooney and Ruud were/will be washed up by the time they are 35,but Zlatans still producing the goods week in,week out at the highest level.He's just a phenomenon....
  • 17 Feb 2017 12:33 PM

Tomu:
    The criticism Zlatan gets is unreal. He scored a goal and created 4 chances vs Leceister and people said he had a game. He didn't score vs Watford but got an assist and created 6 chances i repeat 6 chances we are talking David Silva at his peak here and still people said he had a poor game. Yesterday he bagged 3 goals, all of our goals and people still claim he had a bad game. What do you waant from the guy? He loses the ball because he is always attemting to do something with it either create a chance or ataking on an opposition player. Its not just about holding up the ball he has the skill to take a defender out of the game and open up the game for his teammates. The problem is our wide fowards who don't take up his position when he vacates his space because essentially he is dragging a CB away with him leaving a gap in their defence.
    You can please all of the people some of the time and some of the people all of the time. Zlatan has a way of dividing the masses.
  • 17 Feb 2017 12:30 PM

Tomu:
    The criticism Zlatan gets is unreal. He scored a goal and created 4 chances vs Leceister and people said he had a game. He didn't score vs Watford but got an assist and created 6 chances i repeat 6 chances we are talking David Silva at his peak here and still people said he had a poor game. Yesterday he bagged 3 goals, all of our goals and people still claim he had a bad game. What do you waant from the guy? He loses the ball because he is always attemting to do something with it either create a chance or ataking on an opposition player. Its not just about holding up the ball he has the skill to take a defender out of the game and open up the game for his teammates. The problem is our wide fowards who don't take up his position when he vacates his space because essentially he is dragging a CB away with him leaving a gap in their defence.
    No when he has good games he gets the credit even when he does not score. When he has a poor game it should be said so. Yes he scored three goals and only he scored but during the 90 minutes he did nothing much at all. Yes he should be given the credit for scoring the three goals but to say he had a good game otherwise is not the fact.
  • 17 Feb 2017 12:26 PM

foxbat:
    pele 10:
    foxbat:
    pele 10:
    foxbat:
    pele 10:
    foxbat:
    hodor the giant:
    Kudos to the guy, that must've been the funniest hat-trick I've seen in a while. Very rare that you can say that a player scored a hat-trick and did literally nothing else.
    spot on. He had a very poor game. He did not hold the ball up at all, he did not create much and his passing was poor. Did anyone notice Martial looking very puzzled and twisting and turning around to find what happened to the ball in the first goal?
    If he hadn´t scored United would be going to St Etienne tied at zero.
    It is not about the score. It was in theory an own goal as it just bobbled over the line too. Yes he scored three goals but he did not do anything else during the match and he did not do anything much to even the score all three goals. It was all gifted to him last night. That does not mean he is not a great player but last night he did not do much and was poor.
    Given how atrocious our finishing has been across the board this season we should be praising him instead of complaining about the way the ball went in the net.
    Look if anyone says he has a good game then I did not see the same game. Yes he scored three goals but he was poor last night. If he had been better who knows we may have scored a lot more last night.
    It´s a team game but by all means blame the guy that scored the goals for the scoreline not being bigger.-:(
    I call it the way I see it. I am not a fan boy who will no matter what say any player had a good game when he had a bad game and I would not say a player had a bad game when he had a good game. Ibra had a poor game last night though he scored three goals.
    3 goals, man of the match, a poor game?? Hope he have a lot more of these poor games!!!!!
  • 17 Feb 2017 12:25 PM

When you enjoy what you do you don't lose your hair and Guardiola is bald He doesn't enjoy football
  • 17 Feb 2017 12:21 PM

foxbat:
    pele 10:
    foxbat:
    pele 10:
    foxbat:
    pele 10:
    foxbat:
    hodor the giant:
    Kudos to the guy, that must've been the funniest hat-trick I've seen in a while. Very rare that you can say that a player scored a hat-trick and did literally nothing else.
    spot on. He had a very poor game. He did not hold the ball up at all, he did not create much and his passing was poor. Did anyone notice Martial looking very puzzled and twisting and turning around to find what happened to the ball in the first goal?
    It is not about the score. It was in theory an own goal as it just bobbled over the line too. Yes he scored three goals but he did not do anything else during the match and he did not do anything much to even the score all three goals. It was all gifted to him last night. That does not mean he is not a great player but last night he did not do much and was poor.
    Given how atrocious our finishing has been across the board this season we should be praising him instead of complaining about the way the ball went in the net.
    Look if anyone says he has a good game then I did not see the same game. Yes he scored three goals but he was poor last night. If he had been better who knows we may have scored a lot more last night.
    It´s a team game but by all means blame the guy that scored the goals for the scoreline not being bigger.-:(
    I call it the way I see it. I am not a fan boy who will no matter what say any player had a good game when he had a bad game and I would not say a player had a bad game when he had a good game. Ibra had a poor game last night though he scored three goals.
    I thought he was chosen MOTM with more then 60% of the vote? It is all about opinion though.
  • 17 Feb 2017 12:18 PM

Cyril:
    foxbat:
    pele 10:
    foxbat:
    pele 10:
    foxbat:
    pele 10:
    foxbat:
    hodor the giant:
    On the other hand, in some of his good games his shots were block or saved and we end up with a draw. Wish Ibra have many more poor games to come, I don't care less as long as he scores.
    That is a different story. I entirely agree with you on that. But that does not mean he had a poor game. If he does eff all during the game and scored in very game and if we win then it is OK. But to say that he did nothing more during the game and had a poor game but score all goals is not correct is not true.
  • 17 Feb 2017 12:15 PM

foxbat:
    pele 10:
    foxbat:
    pele 10:
    foxbat:
    pele 10:
    foxbat:
    hodor the giant:
    On the other hand, in some of his good games his shots were block or saved and we end up with a draw. Wish Ibra have many more poor games to come, I don't care less as long as he scores.
  • 17 Feb 2017 12:14 PM

pele 10:
    If you don´t shoot you don´t score.

It´s too early to say, he is 35. Ruud was here in his prime.

True. Its remarkable given his age. RVN and RVP were here during their prime. RVP scored 30 goals that season. At 35 Zlatan has 23 and we are in February. Was looking at his minutes per goal ratio compared with other united players past and present Rooney, Ronaldo, Tevez, Berba, Chicharito etc and its only Chicharito who has a better goalper minute ratio which isn't surprising
    When you enjoy what you do you don't lose your hair and Guardiola is bald He doesn't enjoy football
  • 17 Feb 2017 12:13 PM

pele 10:
    foxbat:
    pele 10:
    foxbat:
    pele 10:
    foxbat:
    hodor the giant:
  • 17 Feb 2017 12:10 PM

foxbat:
    pele 10:
    foxbat:
    pele 10:
    foxbat:
    hodor the giant:
  • 17 Feb 2017 12:07 PM

pele 10:
    foxbat:
    pele 10:
    foxbat:
    hodor the giant:
  • 17 Feb 2017 12:05 PM

foxbat:
    pele 10:
    foxbat:
    hodor the giant:
    Given how atrocious our finishing has been across the board this season we should be praising him instead of complaining about the way the ball went in the net. A few more games like that earlier in the season and who knows where we would be in the table?
  • 17 Feb 2017 12:02 PM

pele 10:
    foxbat:
    hodor the giant:
Page 7 of 8 (112 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next >