The views expressed on this noticeboard are expressed by the fans themselves and do not necessarily reflect the views of Manchester United or any of its representatives. The viewing and posting of messages on this noticeboard is subject to the Forum Terms, which can be viewed here.
Faq
Contact Us
Sort Posts:
Previous Next
  • 17 Feb 2017 5:38 PM

Re: Ibra the best since Van Nisselroy do you think ?

pele 10:
    There were several players who played well, Zlatan being one of them IMO. Pogba, Smalling, Bailly, Blind. There was nobody who I thought was terrible either. We were the better team on the pitch by a long way.
    I think a few would argue Bailly didn't have a good game; he made me anxious a few times in the 1st half. Paul being Paul, he wound me up at times. I got the impression he was more interested in showing his brother how good he is, rather than focusing on what was happening around him; particularly in the first half. There was one moment in the second half when he chased his man back to the edge of the box and made a great covering tackle; that was as good to see for me, as him spraying the ball about. and more of the fundamentals of the game I want to see from him.
    pele 10:
    We were the better team on the pitch by a long way.
    2nd half, by far, but if that lad had put that great chance away to make it one each.....
    pele 10:
    as I´ve said often everyone has a right to their opinion.
    True.... but some of those opinions....
  • 17 Feb 2017 4:47 PM

fernando426:
    pele 10:
    fernando426:
    pele 10:
    fernando426:
    I thought weirdly he did alright yesterday, he did more team focused things and did a lot more selfless runs. It wasn't all about him, he played for the team, he seemed to be doing the same in the last 15 against Watford which is what I've been saying he needs to do all season. But in no way was he man of the match last night.

Also RVN was dropped for Saha becuase Saha was what was best for the team. Sound familiar.

Based on the people that voted MOTM on Twitter yesterday 34% agree with you. Given how atrocious our finishing has been this season that doesn´t surprise me.
    It's crazy that he was voted man of the match tho, absolute insanity, I would think that is surely mostly voted for by kids which I suppose makes a lot of sense. But Pogba bossed the game for most parts and Martial was a pain for them most of the night. Smalling played really well last night too. I would have gone with one of those 3.
    It shouldn´t surprise anyone really that the goalscorer will get most of the kudos in front of fans starved for scoring. United have had enough decent performances where excellent chances have been created only to see them go begging due to poor finishing or an excellent save by the keeper. It is all down to opinion.
    What's your opinion? Was he man of the match?

It is a surprise and says more about them and their actual ability to rationalise information.

I´ve never been a fan of MOTM or player of the game especially in team sports so I´ll give you a definite ´I don´t know´. There were several players who played well, Zlatan being one of them IMO. Pogba, Smalling, Bailly, Blind. There was nobody who I thought was terrible either. We were the better team on the pitch by a long way.

As to the second part of your comment, it all comes down to what we think is important. Obviously many think goals are which isn´t wrong because goals win games so I would disagree they have a problem rationalizing information. They just see the same game differently and there is nothing wrong with that as I´ve said often everyone has a right to their opinion.

• 17 Feb 2017 4:38 PM

no van nistelrooy was lethal finisher, the best! ibra the best striker since van persie!
  • 17 Feb 2017 4:14 PM

This is where I disagree with some of you. As Fernando said there were games where he was very good but did not score or missed a sitter. But apart from missing a goal and all players miss them, he does not get the credit in those games because he missed a goal. But last night it was the opposite, He had a poor game but scored three goals which I would say was very lucky.
  • 17 Feb 2017 3:49 PM

hodor the giant:
    Kudos to the guy, that must've been the funniest hat-trick I've seen in a while. Very rare that you can say that a player scored a hat-trick and did literally nothing else.

Zlatan's whole career is based on him being able to put the ball into the net and not much else.................................... oh yes, forgot, he stands in a corner and doubles has a hat stand at the players Christmas party

Intimidating is the word for Zlatan, his sheer size is debilitating for opponents, if you notice on TV pictures when his team mates surround him after scoring, he's like a Dad with his arms around his kids

• 17 Feb 2017 3:34 PM

Gary Mcleod:
    I thought Zlatan was good last night. The fact he scored a hat trick tells the story, but beyond that, he created several chances and beat his man on more than one occasion. I particularly remember how he drifted past two players in the box and crossed the ball into a very dangerous area.
    As crazy as it seems I remember thinking that RVN held us back. He was a top quality striker, improved us immensely in first season or two but then we became to dependent on him and all our play was specifically for RVN. While I think we are too dependent on Zlatan for goals, I don't think all our play is tailored for him simply because other players also get chances but they don't take it. So i would say Zlatan is the better player, more talented striker, and more of a team player with his flicks and through balls or interplay etc. But other players have to start scoring. Look at RM, Ronaldo scored 40 a season but they still have other players scoring 10-20 a season.
  • 17 Feb 2017 2:28 PM

I thought Zlatan was good last night. The fact he scored a hat trick tells the story, but beyond that, he created several chances and beat his man on more than one occasion. I particularly remember how he drifted past two players in the box and crossed the ball into a very dangerous area.
  • 17 Feb 2017 1:37 PM

pele 10:
    fernando426:
    pele 10:
    fernando426:
    I thought weirdly he did alright yesterday, he did more team focused things and did a lot more selfless runs. It wasn't all about him, he played for the team, he seemed to be doing the same in the last 15 against Watford which is what I've been saying he needs to do all season. But in no way was he man of the match last night.

Also RVN was dropped for Saha becuase Saha was what was best for the team. Sound familiar.

Based on the people that voted MOTM on Twitter yesterday 34% agree with you. Given how atrocious our finishing has been this season that doesn´t surprise me.
    It's crazy that he was voted man of the match tho, absolute insanity, I would think that is surely mostly voted for by kids which I suppose makes a lot of sense. But Pogba bossed the game for most parts and Martial was a pain for them most of the night. Smalling played really well last night too. I would have gone with one of those 3.
    It shouldn´t surprise anyone really that the goalscorer will get most of the kudos in front of fans starved for scoring. United have had enough decent performances where excellent chances have been created only to see them go begging due to poor finishing or an excellent save by the keeper. It is all down to opinion.
    What's your opinion? Was he man of the match?

It is a surprise and says more about them and their actual ability to rationalise information.

• 17 Feb 2017 1:22 PM

What Zlatan does best is that he reads the game well as compared to your average striker.He usually gets himself in the right places at the right time.That is the art of being a striker.I know people will say Carrick is a fantastic player because he reads the game well from the midfield, but guys like Ruud van Nistelrooy and Zlatan do the same thing.The other criticism of Zlatan is that he does not do well apart from scoring.The following are EPL stats.

Zlatan: Chance created per 90 minutes:1.79

Costa: Chance created per 90 minutes:1.28

Lukaku: Chance created per 90 minutes:1.42

Aguero: Chance created per 90 minutes:0.88

• 17 Feb 2017 1:06 PM

fernando426:
    pele 10:
    fernando426:

• 17 Feb 2017 12:53 PM

pele 10:
    fernando426:

• 17 Feb 2017 12:46 PM

fernando426:

• 17 Feb 2017 12:45 PM

pele 10:
    foxbat:
    Tomu:
    The criticism Zlatan gets is unreal. He scored a goal and created 4 chances vs Leceister and people said he had a game. He didn't score vs Watford but got an assist and created 6 chances i repeat 6 chances we are talking David Silva at his peak here and still people said he had a poor game. Yesterday he bagged 3 goals, all of our goals and people still claim he had a bad game. What do you waant from the guy? He loses the ball because he is always attemting to do something with it either create a chance or ataking on an opposition player. Its not just about holding up the ball he has the skill to take a defender out of the game and open up the game for his teammates. The problem is our wide fowards who don't take up his position when he vacates his space because essentially he is dragging a CB away with him leaving a gap in their defence.
    No when he has good games he gets the credit even when he does not score. When he has a poor game it should be said so. Yes he scored three goals and only he scored but during the 90 minutes he did nothing much at all. Yes he should be given the credit for scoring the three goals but to say he had a good game otherwise is not the fact.
    That isn´t true. Most people expect him to score every game myself included and when he doesn´t this place blows up so stop denying it.
    I don't know, I think more often than not it's threads created praising Zlatan for outstanding games, or performances when he hasn't really had any.

I kinda see what Foxbat is saying which is what I've been saying and that is just becuase he scores doesn't mean he had a great game which is what everyone seems to jump on. If he'd just scored that 2 he goal yesterday and that was it, we'd have threads going on about how unreal he was and the best striker in the league and so on.

I think k he did well yesterday but like I said he did things more for the team than himself. Personally I think he has had 3-4 really good games this season.

Did he honestly get man of the match tho yesterday?

• 17 Feb 2017 12:45 PM

devil26_forlife:
    Zlatan at his peak would have been comfortably better than RVP,Rooney and Ruud
    Different doesn't mean better and the players you named have qualities the others don't.
    devil26_forlife:
    Zlatans still producing the goods week in,week out at the highest level.He's just a phenomenon.
    Long may it last; though if he gets a luckier hat-trick, I hope I'm there to see it. But lucky or not, they only count as 1, so lets hope he has as much luck as possible, because if he does, he'll have big numbers come may.
  • 17 Feb 2017 12:38 PM

foxbat:
    Tomu:
    The criticism Zlatan gets is unreal. He scored a goal and created 4 chances vs Leceister and people said he had a game. He didn't score vs Watford but got an assist and created 6 chances i repeat 6 chances we are talking David Silva at his peak here and still people said he had a poor game. Yesterday he bagged 3 goals, all of our goals and people still claim he had a bad game. What do you waant from the guy? He loses the ball because he is always attemting to do something with it either create a chance or ataking on an opposition player. Its not just about holding up the ball he has the skill to take a defender out of the game and open up the game for his teammates. The problem is our wide fowards who don't take up his position when he vacates his space because essentially he is dragging a CB away with him leaving a gap in their defence.
    No when he has good games he gets the credit even when he does not score. When he has a poor game it should be said so. Yes he scored three goals and only he scored but during the 90 minutes he did nothing much at all. Yes he should be given the credit for scoring the three goals but to say he had a good game otherwise is not the fact.
    That isn´t true. Most people expect him to score every game myself included and when he doesn´t this place blows up so stop denying it.
Page 6 of 8 (112 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next >