The views expressed on this noticeboard are expressed by the fans themselves and do not necessarily reflect the views of Manchester United or any of its representatives. The viewing and posting of messages on this noticeboard is subject to the Forum Terms, which can be viewed here.
Faq
Contact Us
Sort Posts:
Previous Next
  • 14 Apr 2017 10:38 AM

Re: Your Picks for the PFA Team of the Year?

Tried to put a United player in there, but if im honest the only ones who come close are Valencia and Ibrahimovic, and for me they where edged out

Player of the year by a million miles Kante!
    curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal
  • 13 Apr 2017 8:31 PM

7isthemagicnumber:
    hodor the giant:

Player of the Year: Eden Hazard

Kante for me. IMO he's the second best defensively minded midfielder in Europe behind only Caesemiro.

I haven't seen much of Casemiro bar that amazing goal he once scored. (Can't remember who the opposition were)

I wouldn't say Kante is a bad shout at all though. He's definitely had a big impact on Chelsea. I just picked Hazard because I myself am totally mesmerized by his attacking play. His close control is second perhaps only to Messi and he has an incredible burst of speed. He has the capability to win Chelsea a match even if they're playing poorly and that's why he's my pick.

• 13 Apr 2017 7:01 PM

hodor the giant:

Player of the Year: Eden Hazard

Kante for me. IMO he's the second best defensively minded midfielder in Europe behind only Caesemiro.
    Lots of poets play football but poets don't win titles
  • 13 Apr 2017 6:06 PM

Lots of poets play football but poets don't win titles
  • 13 Apr 2017 5:59 PM

manutdphilosophyclass92:
    hodor the giant:
    manutdphilosophyclass92:

Alli has been utilised as a second striker imo.
    Player of the Year: Hazard
    Young Player of the Year: Alli

I'd agree on Alli, I just know he can play CM and it was the easiest place to fit him in. Anyway, thanks for the input mate. Nice to see one that is very much different from my own so early on.
    Fair enough, for going with the options where players can play. I personally went for the option of going where players have been predominantly utilised this season, which is why I left out Sanchez because not only has he started just once on the right this season, but the one game he started on the right wasn't in the EPL but rather in the UCL against PSG.
    That's commendable. I'm not sure exactly how it works but (I think) both of ours would be allowed by the PFA.
  • 13 Apr 2017 5:44 PM

hodor the giant:
    manutdphilosophyclass92:

I'd agree on Alli, I just know he can play CM and it was the easiest place to fit him in. Anyway, thanks for the input mate. Nice to see one that is very much different from my own so early on.
    Fair enough, for going with the options where players can play. I personally went for the option of going where players have been predominantly utilised this season, which is why I left out Sanchez because not only has he started just once on the right this season, but the one game he started on the right wasn't in the EPL but rather in the UCL against PSG.
    Pogba
    Angel Gomes
    Marcus Rashford
    Tuanzebe
    Demetri Mitchell
    Fosu Mensah
    Lee O'Connor
    Andreas Pereira
    Mason Greenwood
    Brandon Williams
  • 13 Apr 2017 4:07 PM

• 13 Apr 2017 3:47 PM

Hard decision to leave Dele out but in the 442 just couldn't get him in.

Silva this year has been awesome and it seems to have gone under the reader how good he has been. Gueye as well I had never noticed him before this season but he is another that has been outstanding.

• 13 Apr 2017 3:16 PM

GK: Pickford

RB: Valencia CB: ? , CB: Baily

LB: Moses?

CM: Kante, CM: Davies

Mane, Deli Alli, Hazard (although If Zaha had a few more MOTM throughout the season he'd get me nod, players at lower clubs always get under looked despite it being harder in someways.

Honestly been no great strikers this year, obviously love Zlatan , but watching the CL with Mbappe, Ronaldo, Griesmann, Neymar, Messi, Abemayang, Dybala, Suarez etc puts our lack of quality mobile strikers into perspective.

• 13 Apr 2017 2:38 PM

• 13 Apr 2017 2:31 PM

United Is The Greatest Family
  • 13 Apr 2017 2:02 PM

Hazard.........Ibra...........Sanchez
    ............Ali................Mane
    ....................Kante
    Alonso...Luiz....Alderweireld...Valencia
    ....................Heaton
  • 13 Apr 2017 1:54 PM

manutdphilosophyclass92:

• 13 Apr 2017 1:42 PM

Pogba
    Angel Gomes
    Marcus Rashford
    Tuanzebe
    Demetri Mitchell
    Fosu Mensah
    Lee O'Connor
    Andreas Pereira
    Mason Greenwood
    Brandon Williams
  • 13 Apr 2017 1:07 PM

Your Picks for the PFA Team of the Year?

It's come to the stage in the season where the PFA Player of the Year nominations have been released and along with that it follows that the team of the year will not long be upon us as well. With that, I thought it'd be fun to get your take on who should make the cut this time round. I'll limit it to a 4-4-2 formation as is custom in the real thing and I'll also implore you not to make too much of a Garth Crooks of it, meaning try to pick players in their natural positions!

Anyhow, here's mine to kick things off!

GK: Hugo Lloris

RB: Victor Moses

CB: Michael Keane

CB: Jan Vertonghen

LB: Marcos Alonso

RM: Alexis Sanchez

CM: N'Golo Kante

CM: Dele Alli

LM: Eden Hazard

ST: Romelu Lukaku

ST: Zlatan Ibrahimovic