The views expressed on this noticeboard are expressed by the fans themselves and do not necessarily reflect the views of Manchester United or any of its representatives. The viewing and posting of messages on this noticeboard is subject to the Forum Terms, which can be viewed here.
Faq
Contact Us
Sort Posts:
Previous Next
  • 26 Mar 2009 3:29 PM

Re: Which trophy would you most like to win?

Well, for purely discussion sake, I would rank the trophies this way.....

1)  EPL -  Just because if it is not MUFC then it will be Liverpool, and who wants to see that.  Devil 

2)  Champions League -  Because who doesn't want MUFC to be able to claim they are the best in Europe.

3)  FA Cup - Nothing against this competition but something had to be 3rd.

My posts get reported because I am so much more intelligent than the reporters and they can not deal with it
  • 26 Mar 2009 3:26 PM

I would certainly want us to win the league.We've done so well in the past months and to throw it away at this moment of time after we've got ourselves in such an advantageous position would be devastating.And besides,we would also equal liverpool's record of 18 league titles so that should give us the added incentive and motivation to win it.

Glory glory Man Utd
    Glory glory Man Utd
    Glory glory Man Utd
    As the reds go marching on on on
  • 26 Mar 2009 3:15 PM

UEFA Champion League

• 26 Mar 2009 3:14 PM

the premier league. it's what we play for every week. also getting level with the scousers on 18 would be an absolute delight. you will never win 18 titles thats what i remember most when we captured our first premier league title. for the first time in 20 years they have mounted a challenge,this would be the most satisfying of all the lot but also the most heartbreaking if we fail. i just cant see it happening the liverpool players and supporters are giving the players the motivation to go and win our next 9 matches. the champions league will be very difficult to retain as know other teamhas ever done it. the fa cup isalways a great day out and united haven't won it in 5 years. so after all that i would like our beloved team to go and win the lot! expect all the scousers to hibernate during the long glorious summer!

• 26 Mar 2009 3:11 PM

Which trophy?Well,it's a hard one this year.I would like the EPL trophy because it's very important we equall Liverpools 18 titles,but on the other hand if we win the CL we would also defend it from last year and nobody has done it since it was formed.In both case we would write history so it's realy hard to decide.Anyway,if a have to i would choose the EPL.But hey,we are still in all those competitions plus the FA Cup.Why not win it all?If there is anyone who is capable to do it,it's us,"This team is my best ever",remember?  

If they are good enough they are old enough
    If you don't put them in you can't know what you've got
  • 26 Mar 2009 2:38 PM

Definitely definitely definitely the Premier League!! Fingers and toes crossed!!

• 26 Mar 2009 2:38 PM

What a question? What a choice?

I can not imagine any true fan of this great club making an honest and sincere approach to this issue by dismissing entirely the possibility of us winning all the trophies and becoming the all time great club in the history of football. What then are the realistic chances of us conquering the remaining peaks and reaching the heights where no body else reached so far, where nobody else dared to venture so far?

We want to win the Premier League because it is absolutely important to reach that magical number of 18 titles, especially this season, after the ups and downs, after the sweet run of unbeaten stretch of victories during Christmas and New Year,and the sudden blip, seemingly temporary loss of form that too against a team to whom none of us want to lose!  We are so near, even at this stage with one point lead and a game in hand, the title is ours, how could it be any other way? After the International break, when all our players have had a change of scene, we will forget the last two matches,regroup and get back to the winning ways which is so natural to us. The passion and intensity are bound to return and a rejuvenated champion team will proudly show case its class and style overcoming the freak set backs of last two weeks. 

The Champions League is what makes us the champions of Europe, that is what gives us the chance to become the champions of the world by becoming eligible to participate in the Club World Cup. We have already taken a definite step to the possibility of not just rewritng, but defying history by winning the pre-quarter, which none of the previous title holders could do since 2004. Now Rome beckons us, we have the golden opportunity to  play in the finals by getting a realtively favourable draw. See off Porto now, we should be in Rome by successfully negotiating the challenge of Arsenel or Villa Real. We are at the doorstep of achieving something which no european club has achieved in the recent history of this tournament, retaining  the European title.

Last year we lost out to Portsmouth in the FA Cup unfortunately. We play Everton in the semi now and overcoming them takes us to the finals where either Chelsea or Arsenel will meet us. After the Everton match, the finals are anyway scheduled  to be held much after the league matches are over.

Then why are we in a hurry to make these choices?

Focus, focus on the next game, take on Aston Villa who is on a free fall now. Get back the confidence, return to winning ways, Rooney and Vidic returns after this game for our meeting with Porto. Both matches are at home.Take one game at a time. Do not cloud the minds of players with other options.Our experience of being there, seen all this before (three trophies already in the cup board this season!), have gone through the pressures of winning trophies, coupled with the quality in squad depth and perhaps most importantly the fact that we possess what no other team has, the infinitely superior managerial capability of Sir Alex will take us through. The joy of holding aloft the trophy, the feeling of being on top of the world has been experienced by this bunch of players before, I am sure none of them will like to let go this opportunity so easily.

From our side, more than 100% support, heart and soul, to the players, Manager and the coaching staff

We BELIEVE in the quality of our team, in the passion and intensity of the players and we are certain that the team will bounce back in style.

P.S: To answer the question, if I am compelled to, my order of priority is exactly as given in my response. 

• 26 Mar 2009 2:33 PM

I agree with you. As you mentioned earlier It's the most prestigious trophy in the World. There can be no doubt to win again .Manchester the European capital of trophies.

We are Man United
  • 26 Mar 2009 1:52 PM

The Premiership without a doubt. I would love one of the other ones too, can handle not winning them all, as nice as it would be, would also love the Scousers to win nothing.

• 26 Mar 2009 1:31 PM

Premier League,  Premier League and  Premier League. We've got to catch up with the scousers!

• 26 Mar 2009 1:30 PM

It is always the best moment to win the Champions league because it is the most prestigious. Winning Champions League gives us the feeling that we are the kings of Europe. Being the most popular team in the world also we have just three european trophies. But for this season, my priority will be winning Premiership if I had to choose one. We are just one title short of levelling the 18th mark title haul of Liverpool. It would be fantastic to show all that we are the best team in England by claiming the 18th league title. If we don't win the league then, title can be of Liverpool which I don't want because they will be further two titles clear of us. So, I go for premiership........for this season.....
  • 26 Mar 2009 12:14 PM

Which trophy would you most like to win?

Hello all

ManUtd.com is counting down to United's next league game on Sunday 5 April by analysing and discussing the crucial months ahead.

We need you to bring the discussion alive by debating some of the major talking points here on Talking Reds. To kick this off...

Three trophies are still up for grabs. Which one would you most like United to win, and why?

Post your responses in this thread and we'll pick out some of the best ones to publish on the main website.

Thanks in advance,

The Editor

Page 4 of 4 (57 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4