The views expressed on this noticeboard are expressed by the fans themselves and do not necessarily reflect the views of Manchester United or any of its representatives. The viewing and posting of messages on this noticeboard is subject to the Forum Terms, which can be viewed here.
Faq
Contact Us
Sort Posts:
Previous Next
  • 9 May 2009 9:45 PM

Re: Liverpool: Manchester United are on top because of Refs.. The Facts..

15darcie17:

LOL, thats possibly the best line ive seen written on here :]

verrrry true. still doesnt stop it being annoying, its probably the biggest reason i REAALLLY hate scousers:)

Yea, last time i checked the meaning of Scouser in Anfield dictionary and it said "Moaners" "Whinners" "Braggers"

Now we can imagine what its like to be a Scouser hahaha LOL

i can stand George W. Bush sit next to me but i can't swallow a Scouser. Thats for sure.

• 9 May 2009 9:39 PM

MUReligion:
    First of all they would never understand and won't except, "IF" they do then no one would call'em Scousers.

LOL, thats possibly the best line ive seen written on here :]

verrrry true. still doesnt stop it being annoying, its probably the biggest reason i REAALLLY hate scousers:)

nemanja and dimitar and rafael and javier and tom
  • 9 May 2009 9:37 PM

red devilz prodigy:

BTW, i'd like to point out Liverpool got another penalty today :)

Surprising.

• 9 May 2009 9:36 PM

Well done Red_Tide V

I was hoping someone would find al these stats for us, particularly the sending offs.........that speaks volumes.

Curious now to know what "fats" Rafa was waving about during his Rant.  Surely he was aware of this information. 

How many of these penalties awarded to Liverpool have occurred since his Rant in January?  How many teams have had players red carded against Liverpool since January?   Do you have this information by any chance.

• 9 May 2009 9:33 PM

BTW, i'd like to point out Liverpool got another penalty today :)

• 9 May 2009 9:27 PM

Very well organised Yes Love the post,

with the exception of...us getting about 4-5 goals that should have been offside :-P , At the same time they've robbed us opportunities by wrongfully calling offsides and not awarding penalties...

Liverpool always finds excuses to lose, just brush it off

• 9 May 2009 9:27 PM

15darcie17:

the hilarious, yet extremely annoying thing is though,

you could show these facts to the whole liverpool fc population and they would still be in denial.

it would probably be something like "yeah well you've obviously altered those facts to make it look bad on us, we are just better than you and you know it"

t*ssers.

We don't need to show'em anything, darling. First of all they would never understand and won't except, "IF" they do then no one would call'em Scousers.

• 9 May 2009 9:21 PM

the hilarious, yet extremely annoying thing is though,

you could show these facts to the whole liverpool fc population and they would still be in denial.

it would probably be something like "yeah well you've obviously altered those facts to make it look bad on us, we are just better than you and you know it"

t*ssers.

nemanja and dimitar and rafael and javier and tom
  • 9 May 2009 9:01 PM

All through this season we’ve had fun browsing the pages of RAWK and laughing at the deluded scousers make excuses for their teams failure to stay top of the league. It used to be because United had spent so much money and Liverpool simply couldn’t compete with our spending power, but that was soon debunked. Now it’s referees, journalists, the FA, everybody has been accused of favouring Manchester United and our position at the top of the table is not because we’re the best team. Oh no! It’s because we’ve bribed referees and Sir Alex Ferguson controls the FA.
    So let’s have a look at the statistics and see if there’s anything to suggest they might be on to something. Surely if we’re bribing the refs then our opponents will all get sent off and we’ll get loads of penalties and it will be obvious.

Pundits like to use the games between the ‘big 4′ as a marker for how well a team has done against its nearest opponents. We took just 4 points from 5 games in the past, Chelsea faired even worse with 1 point from 5 games, Arsenal had like 7 points from 3 games while Liverpool lead the way with an impressive 13 points from a possible 15. Is this a sign that Liverpool are a massively improved team? Have they finally found what it takes to compete with the big boys? Further inspection would suggest not.

In 4 out of 5 of those games, Liverpool have played against 10 men for part of the game. I can’t argue with Vidic’s 2 red cards against them at Old Trafford, they were fully deserved. But the Lampard red card was a farce and the Adebayor sending off was also considered very harsh. Two big decisions that have benefited Liverpool and been to the detriment of their rivals.

The red cards haven’t only come against the ‘big 4′ either. They were 2-1 down against Wigan when Valencia was sent off. They then went on to win 3-2. And they were 2-0 down at Manchester City when Zabaleta got sent off and again they won 3-2.
    Lampard and Brad Friedel have had red cards rescinded this season and if not for the ridiculous rule that you can’t appeal a 2nd yellow card then I’m sure Valencia and Adebayor’s red cards would also have been overturned.

Fact: Liverpool have played against 10 men in around a quarter of their games this season. Is it really any surprise they’re doing well?
    Another interesting statistic is that not a single penalty has been awarded against Liverpool at Anfield. At the same time they’ve been given 2 at Anfield and 2 away from home at St. James’ Park and Old Trafford (but I thought nobody gets penalties at Old Trafford?). United have had 4 penalties in our favour and 3 against. Liverpool have clearly had more luck where penalties are concerned.
    The fact is that this could well end up being another trophyless campaign for Liverpool. United, Chelsea and Arsenal have all performed below their usual levels in the start of this season and were nowhere near what they’re capable of, while Liverpool  played above their usual standard. Despite this, they’ve still failed to stay at the top of the league. They’ve drawn too many games at Anfield due to Rafa Benitez’s safety first approach to football and can blame nobody other than themselves.

They’ve spent more money than us, they’ve been given more penalties than us, conceded less penalties than us and had players sent off in 25% of their games, and they’re still not top of the league. Yet the maniacal Liverpool fans would still have you believe that the referees favour United. Their manager likes to talk about ‘facts’ but they refuse to see the ones that matter because it’s unfathomable to them that United could actually be a better team.

It’s time they wake up and took off their red tinted specs because the real facts are there for all to see. United are a better team than Liverpool and we’ll definitely get even better next year. So go back to your ‘next year is our year’ delusions because I doubt it will be ‘your year’ for quite some time yet.

A look at the table reveals how badly Liverpool have capitulated since Rafa’s maniacal outburst. They’re now using the excuse that our spending power means they can’t compete with us and that is the sole reason why we’re now three points clear of them at the top of the table with a game in hand. Indeed even their own manager is leading the way with some misguided comments to the press.
    I once hated one of the worst comment Rafa gave to press. He said, “Manchester United make €65m a year more than we do and buy three £20m players a season. In the five years I have been here I have spent less than £40m on Torres and Keane. How are we supposed to compete with them?”

Let me analyze the financial figures and see if I can separate fact from fiction. Since Rafa took charge of Liverpool in the summer of 2004, Liverpool have spent £189.866m on no less than 51 players! During the same period of time, our fearless leader Sir Alex has spent £170.35m on only 13 players. The numbers expose Rafa’s latest ‘facts’ as nothing but blatant lies, either that or he really has cracked up. The real reason Liverpool haven’t been able to compete with us over the last few years is not because of a lack of money (Liverpool have spent more than us), it’s because Rafa has spent his money badly. He’s bought dozens of average players while Sir Alex has spent wisely on world class players that have given us what is possibly our best squad ever. I say, Get your ‘facts’ right Rafa, you only have yourself to blame.

Now Scousers say that United had worst signings like Djembe Djembe, Taibi, Veron, Kleberson, Forlan and that Liverfool always sign the best players. It really bothers me everytime these scousers point out at our squad and doesnt look at the likes of Abel Xavier, Voronin, Le Talleck, Antonio Nunez, Barry Venison (the player my uncle hated the most), Bernard Diomede, Tore Kvarme, Thompson, Erik Meijer, Igor Biscan, Istuan Kozma,  Jan Kromkamp, Michel Ferri, Josemi, Julian Dicks, Karl Riedle, Bruno Cheyrou, MArk Gonzalez, Paul Stewart, Rigobert Song, Salif Diao, Sean Dundee, Steve Harkness, Titi Camera and Vegard Heggem. What are they? They all are worst than some sh'tlist.

I kept telling my scousey fans that United is far better club then Loserfool and its true whether they believe it or not. But everytime they come out with different, stupid and new stories.

• 9 May 2009 8:56 PM

Liverpool: Manchester United are on top because of Refs.. The Facts..

Liverpool are sure that United are top of the table by manipulating the referees... Tongue Tied

The following is an analysis of all premiership  and champions league  games played by Manchester United and Liverpool this season.

Lets see if the facts support those accusations:

Manchester United

Games Played : 32

Number of Penalties given to United
    : 4 League / 0 Champions League

—— Premier League ————-

1. Ronaldo (pen) 57 - Man Utd 5-2 Tottenham
    2. Ronaldo (pen) 23 - Man Utd 1-4 Liverpool
    3. Ronaldo (pen) 44 - Man Utd 1-0 Everton
    4. Ronaldo (pen) 60 - Man Utd 2-0 Bolton

With the exception of Everton, United won every game they were awarded a penalty against by at least 1 additional goal.

Number of Penalties given against against United: 3 League / 0 Champions League

—— Premier League ————

1. Murphy (pen) 18 - Fulham 2-0 United
    2. Gerrard (pen) 44 - Man Utd 1-4 Liverpool
    3. Geovanni (pen) 82 - Man Utd 4-3 Hull

With the exception of Hull which united won by 1 goal, every penalty given against United resulted in the team losing the match.

No Penalties awarded against against United in the Champions League.

Number of United Players Sent Off
    : 5

—— Premier League ————-

1. Scholes 18 min - Fulham 2-0 United
    2. Rooney 89 min - Fulham 2-0 United
    3. Vidic 76 min - United 1-4 Liverpool
    4. Vidic 90 min - Liverpool 2-1 United
    5. Ronaldo 68 min - Man City 0-1 United

With the exception of Man City, United lost every game in which a player was sent off.

Number of Opposing Players Sent Off
    : 2

—— Premier League ————-

1. Robinson 40 - West Brom 0-5 United
    2. Wilkinson 72 - Stoke 0-1 United

Now lets look at how much Liverpool has suffered at the hands of the refs...

Liverpool

League Games Played: 33

Number of Penalties given to the Liverpool
    *: 8 (4 in the League / 4 in the Champions League)

—— Premier League ————-

1. Gerrard (pen) 39 vs Villa 5-0
    2. Gerrard (pen) 65 vs Villa 5-0
    3. Gerrard (pen) 44 vs United 1-4 (A)
    4. Alonso (pen) 77 vs newcastle 1-5 (A)

—– Champions League ———–

5. Alonso (pen) 28 vs Chelsea 4-4
    6. Gerrard (pen) 28 vs Real Madrid 4-0
    7. Gerrard (pen) 90+5 vs Atletico Madrid 1-1
    8. Gerrard (pen) 32 vs Marseille 1-2 (A)

While not so significant in the league, penalties awarded to liverpool came in very handy in tight games against Marseille and Atletico Madrid. It almost gave them the edge over Chelsea as well.

Number of Penalties given against against Liverpool: 2

—— Premier League ————-

1. Ronaldo (pen) 23 , Man Utd 1-4 Liverpool
    2. Mido (pen) 83, Wigan 1-1 Liverpool (A)

Of the two penalties against Liverpool only Mido’s cost them points.

Number of Liverpool Players Sent Off: 0

That’s right. Zero!!!! Only Lucas has been sent off this season for Liverpool, and that was against Everton in the FA cup. 0 players sent off in the league and the champions League. Now, lets see how many players have been sent off when playing against Liverpool.

Number of Opposing Players Sent Off: 8    Confused

1. Hull 1-3 Liverpool ( Sent off Folan)
    2. Liverpool 5-0 Vila ( Sent off Friedel )
    3. Utd 1-4 Liverpool ( send off Vidic )
    4. Liverpool 2-1 Utd ( sent off Vidic)
    5. Liverpool 2-0 Chelsea (sent off Lampard )
    6. Arsenal 1-1 Liverpool ( sent off Adebayor )
    7. Man City 2-3 Liverpool (sent off Zabelta )
    8. Everton 0-2 Liverpool (sent off Cahill)

8 Players have been sent off playing against Liverpool. Of these 8 games, Liverpool won 7 Matches and drew 1 (playing away).

Liverpool have played 33 games this season and almost a quarter of the time it was against 10 men.

Winning the Premier League Championship again this season will be so much sweeter ...Big SmileBig SmileBig Smile

Page 3 of 3 (40 items) < Previous 1 2 3