The views expressed on this noticeboard are expressed by the fans themselves and do not necessarily reflect the views of Manchester United or any of its representatives. The viewing and posting of messages on this noticeboard is subject to the Forum Terms, which can be viewed here.
Faq
Contact Us
Sort Posts:
Previous Next
  • 6 Nov 2010 8:42 PM

Re: Why did Chicharito not start today?

Task:

Danubus:

I think people in this forum are very tired already of new fans coming all the time and only asking about chicharito. Im sure this happens all the time with every new good signing. Every real soccer fan knows that in every big club there is a thing called "rotation of players" no matter how good  or bad you are you need to rest  and this was chicharitos time to rest. So what happens is that all this new fans have no idea of this, they dont know much about the premier league or soccer they only want to know about their favorite player !

Im not saying this is bad or wrong, im just saying this is what happens and this is the reason of so many uninformed posts here specially about chicharito now a days. This however, is the reason why a club like manchester has so much money, because it is able to attract attention of so many poeple and countries around the world.

I don't want this to sound as bad as it probobably will.  But the Chicharito hype will die down after a while, right now more and more people are heaving about "Chicharito the Rooney replacement" so people want to know whats up.  My assumption is most of the support is coming from his country men, but I'm just glad he has pulled through some great wins for us, 3 last minute winners so far this season.  3/6 of his goals have been last minute winners.  

I'd also like people to stop calling him a legend, he'll get there some day if he is deligent and chooses to stay with us long enough to be a legend.  He has a 5 year contract, but we all know he could go after 3 if the right deal came up. 

Oi! What do you expect??? Chicharito is the first Mexican ever to play on Man United (the Hype on that fact will be a long one) and because of this there are thousands of new Mexican fans and many of those will become loyal lifetime Red Devil fans! Its like the English invasion and Beatles Mania ...this is the Mexican invasion and Chicharito Mania! ..AND because he is the 1st Mexicano to play for Man Utd he is a legend for that! Maybe one day he will be a Red Devil legend as well! ;) VIVA CHICHARITO!! VIVA MANCHESTER UNITED!!! Now put on ur sombrero take a shot of tequila and drink a pint!
  • 6 Nov 2010 8:38 PM

Oi! What do you expect??? Chicharito is the first Mexican ever to play on Man United (the Hype on that fact will be a long one) and because of this there are thousands of new Mexican fans and many of those will become loyal lifetime Red Devil fans! Its like the English invasion and Beatles Mania ...this is the Mexican invasion and Chicharito Mania! ..AND because he is the 1st Mexicano to play for Man Utd he is a legend for that! Maybe one day he will be a Red Devil legend as well! ;) VIVA CHICHARITO!! VIVA MANCHESTER UNITED!!! Now put on ur sombrero take a shot of tequila and drink a pint!
  • 3 Nov 2010 5:44 PM
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 3 Sep 2008
    • Posts 546

Ortiz:
    I was very disappointed to not see chicharito playing today, i think he was in a good form and i even thought we wasnt on the bench today until i saw the picture of Bebe running towards chicharito (lol), anyway, why did he not start today? Thank in advance!!

He needs to be rested...he will get fatigue if he is not rested..he cant play all the mathces

AND THATS IT UNITED HAVE GOT THEIR TROPHY BACK
  • 3 Nov 2010 5:20 PM

long season and it was bursaspor.  Is the risk worth it?

• 3 Nov 2010 5:11 PM

I believe that the real thing about this is that the team is getting tuned and SAF knows what he´s doing , im also a mexican, lets stop about chicharito´s legend and let the lad work.
  • 3 Nov 2010 4:42 PM

this season goals are coming from every angle and that gives SAF more space to rest and rotate everybody.

and the manager is happy ...we are better day by day ...

Whether dribbling or sprinting Ryan can leave the best defenders with twisted blood
  • 3 Nov 2010 4:33 PM

Warrax:

Is it that important? we won thats all that matters, im mexican and a huge supporter of chicharito, but a bigger supporter of manchester united. So quit supporting a player and start supporting THE TEAM.

Great reply Warrax! I trust there isn't a fan who doesn't admire Chicharito - I'm one of them but was glad to see him rested for the upcoming matches. Football is a team sport... there always has been groupies for certain players on the forum who, for some reason, don't realise it takes more than one player to make a squad. Cheers!
  • 3 Nov 2010 4:29 PM

He was rested.

• 3 Nov 2010 4:19 PM

Re: Content to be approved by the moderator

Larry M.:
    Content to be approved by the moderator

Larryflop as always: Content to be approved by the moderator - can't you ban someone after a reasonable amount of content having to be approved by the moderator??

I don't even know what you've posted here but given that Chicharrito is on the title of the post, I can guarantee that you're talking NONSENSE as always. I don't even bother - would be good if the moderators just stopped approving your posts so we wouldn’t have to read anymore stupidity from your part.
    I want to raise again the point that WITHOUT READING YOUR POST, I ALREADY KNOW IT"S NOT WORTH READING IT, I would go ALL IN blind against you, any day - you've done a great job showing how some (very few) people in this earth actually don't matter at all !

On the topic: rotation, resting and taking away some hype/pressure from the boy - he would've played if a goal was needed though, as many others have already commented

• 3 Nov 2010 3:21 PM

Task:

Danubus:

I think people in this forum are very tired already of new fans coming all the time and only asking about chicharito. Im sure this happens all the time with every new good signing. Every real soccer fan knows that in every big club there is a thing called "rotation of players" no matter how good  or bad you are you need to rest  and this was chicharitos time to rest. So what happens is that all this new fans have no idea of this, they dont know much about the premier league or soccer they only want to know about their favorite player !

Im not saying this is bad or wrong, im just saying this is what happens and this is the reason of so many uninformed posts here specially about chicharito now a days. This however, is the reason why a club like manchester has so much money, because it is able to attract attention of so many poeple and countries around the world.

I don't want this to sound as bad as it probobably will.  But the Chicharito hype will die down after a while, right now more and more people are heaving about "Chicharito the Rooney replacement" so people want to know whats up.  My assumption is most of the support is coming from his country men, but I'm just glad he has pulled through some great wins for us, 3 last minute winners so far this season.  3/6 of his goals have been last minute winners.  

I'd also like people to stop calling him a legend, he'll get there some day if he is deligent and chooses to stay with us long enough to be a legend.  He has a 5 year contract, but we all know he could go after 3 if the right deal came up. 

Your right it does sound bad, it will die down if ppl like you keep putting this up, give the boy his credit and keep supporting, not only him but other players as well, i hate when ppl say "o his popularity will die" yea it eventually will if muppets like you keep doing that. But IMO we need support for all manchester united players, and keep Hernandez as a rising star that he is....

MexicanLegendGarci***
  • 3 Nov 2010 12:56 PM

Since he'll be playing this weekend, Im guessing. And you know that away from home we tend to play with one striker and focus a bit more on the midfield.

Welcome back Antonio!
    Show 'em how its done Smalling!
  • 3 Nov 2010 5:55 AM

Brucey boy:

I feel it was more a case of Sir Alex taking a bit of pressure off him as everytime he gets a few minutes everyone is expecting him to score.

Dont be surprised if he is kept out of the team a bit or is limited to the odd start and a lot of sub appearances for a while after all the hype from his recent performances.

Im very excited about the contirbution of our younger players last night - Rafeal, Obertan, Bebe, Smailing and Fletcher.

In a year or two we are going to be unstopable!

yess..i like it..imho rafael and smalling soo impressed last night. and last minute superb cross by bebe to berba should meet the net.
    Sorry for my poor english and still learning how to improve
  • 3 Nov 2010 5:54 AM

rispel:

Task:

Fergie was definitly resting him, probably would have called him up if we were dead lockd 0-0 1-1 etc though.  I do not think he will start against wolves, he might play 20 minutes or so against wolves.  Fergie will want him in top form for November 10 against Man-City. 

So if you want to see some chicha-action tune in on the 6th, but don't be surprised if he doesn't play. 

Definetly agree with this Post, SAF will unlease him full 90 minutes against Man City. Macheda will probably play this weekend, and like you said Chicho will come on if we are in a dire situation or just to get him a bit Sharper. The Derby will be the game to watch!!!

BELIEVE UNITED!!!!Devil

Good point, the good thing about Hernandez is that he is effective off the bench or starting.

• 3 Nov 2010 5:50 AM
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 28 Oct 2010
    • Posts 81

SAF want him rest huhuhu....

glory glory man utd

• 3 Nov 2010 5:49 AM

I feel it was more a case of Sir Alex taking a bit of pressure off him as everytime he gets a few minutes everyone is expecting him to score.

Dont be surprised if he is kept out of the team a bit or is limited to the odd start and a lot of sub appearances for a while after all the hype from his recent performances.

Im very excited about the contirbution of our younger players last night - Rafeal, Obertan, Bebe, Smailing and Fletcher.

In a year or two we are going to be unstopable!

Page 1 of 3 (38 items) 1 2 3 Next >