The views expressed on this noticeboard are expressed by the fans themselves and do not necessarily reflect the views of Manchester United or any of its representatives. The viewing and posting of messages on this noticeboard is subject to the Forum Terms, which can be viewed here.
Faq
Contact Us
Sort Posts:
Previous Next
  • 22 Jun 2008 2:28 PM

Re: * C.Ronaldo's Future [Latest Events] *

Just let everything happen naturally.If Ronaldo doesnt want 2 play 4 us,y do we have 2 try 2 keep him?Ignore that,we love United all,Roanldo is just a part.

• 22 Jun 2008 12:40 PM

Well, first Ronaldo signed a contract last year and FIFA Article 17 means that legally he is bound to it for another two years after which he can buy himself out of it. So Man Utd are in a strong legal position and can stop his wages if he refuses to play (I think they must pay 10% minimum).

Then there's the integrity aspect. In the first 3 years Ronaldo didn't know how to cross a ball. It's only in the last 2 years that his development has paid off. I think that fairness demands that he repays Man Utd with service for another 2 years. However, it seems to me that Ronaldo is an egomaniac who is only intent on personal fame and fortune and has an immature and underdeveloped concept of "us".

There's also the "respect for Man Utd" angle. If he is allowed to go to Real this summer it opens the door for anyone to leave the club at the drop of a hat by employing Ronaldo's blackmailing "sell me or I won't play" which I suspect he intends as his tactics. So I think he must be resisted at least until next summer. (If he stays 2 years more can buy himself out for considerably less than Real will give us.)

Will he be committed on the field if he stays? Of course he will. He'll get stick from the staff and other players if he doesn't. They could make his life hell! And of course he wants to win more trophies.

Will the fans forgive him? Maybe some will but I wouldn't be surprised if he gets booed at Old Trafford although it wouldn't be in the team's interest to do so. Better off supporting him if he stays however cheated some fans might feel.

So I'd resist his request until next summer after which time it would be advisable to offload him. I suspect that Fergie has thought of this already which is why he doesn't feel the need to do anything at all!

By the way, I think Nightstar supports Real Madrid and is trying to agitate fans against Ronaldo here. That's why (by his own admission) English is not his language, that's why he argues that Ronaldo can break his contract when he legally can't http://community.manutd.com/forums/t/13495.aspx , that's why he's posted an article here claiming that Fergie has no right to be angry that Ronaldo wants to leave.

• 22 Jun 2008 11:58 AM

Personally, I want Ronaldo to be sold. If hes that stupid to go to a different club, when hes only 23, i dont want him in this club. Picture Rooney, Giggs or Scholes doing this type of thing, which is- leaving the team that created him.

• 22 Jun 2008 9:35 AM

i think a player who has had the backing of the manager club and the biggest fan club in the worldshould have the decency to repay them with more than 2 good seasons he forgets its the club that has cultivated his talent and made him the player he is yes he may go to madrid but can u see him getting the coverage there he dose here just look at beckham van nistleroy they went there and u hardly heard there name mentioned yes madrid r a big club but there main priority is merchandise i hope he stays but we all know s f a he may just put him in the reserves 4 a while and i would agree no one player should b able to hold the club to ransom glory man united may we long reign

• 22 Jun 2008 9:34 AM

Ronnie is irreplaceable. There's no doubt about that. The truth is, however, he will be leaving. If not this year, may be the next. We will have to live without him sooner or later. My view is, better sooner rather than later because all the questions about him leaving or not is simply destabilising the team. Let him go and and plan WITHOUT him. He was a nobody when he arrived at Old Trafford and Sir Alex transformed him into a great player that he now is. He now says he wants to go. Well, thank you very much! All our players past and present love and are loyal to the club. Giggs, Scholes and G Neville are prime examples. Let players who have no love for the club go. That's what I say. 

• 22 Jun 2008 9:08 AM

I say let him go !!! Yeah we will be losing the worlds best player but no one is bigger than the club. Fergie has kicked these players to the curb in the past and he will do it again... I would prefer saf to leave ronnie in the reserves to rot but if madrid have the big bucks lets have it... We have never been a 1 man team Nani will shine when he goes... Bring on the treble this season boys.... Give the number 7 to Nani and watch him go..
  • 22 Jun 2008 8:39 AM

United_King:

Madrid not made any bid yet! No one to make a bid too lol

Fergie not returning from Southern France until June 29th (He doesn't feel he needs to, I agree)

Mr.Gill is away on his holidays 

Calderon Now tells Ronaldo To play 'Dirty'

Oh yeah....also the latest is: C.ronaldo has made a statement that he deserves to go to Madrid after winning trophies and because of his performances.

And finally....Fergie feels once C.Ronaldo is back at old traffords Training quaters in carrington, He can work his magic with the lad...as he feels he has been seriously miss-guided.

And I personally feel, he is a coward as many people do! for waiting until he is away from fergie to make his move!...sorry mate looks like you wont be leaving...And many feel...the club wont let him go because he has to have a meeting with SAF..When the massiah returns from his holidays 

I really don´t understand what all the panic is about? We´ve heard nothing  from SAF or Ronaldo on the issue of his moving to Real. That is of course unless we´re naive enough to believe what our trusted journalists are reporting. We should wait and see what agreements can be reached between United and Ronaldo. Then we can comment on those decisions not the rumors that were all up in arms about now? Man United will be winning championships long after we´re gone. If Ronaldo leaves he leaves. He is only one player and of course we´ll miss him but ´he´ll be replaced. There is always another Beckham. Ronaldhinio or another star waitng around the corner to be discovered. Let us think further down the road. Who wiil replace SAF? That´s the dilemna that scares me.
  • 22 Jun 2008 8:20 AM

If Ronaldo's future is firmly with United,why is he feeling ashamed to come out and end this speculation once and for all??True that maybe the media are going overboard with this story which may or may not have that much substance in it but I think he ought to know pretty well that the games he's been playing with his future and with everyone at United is detoriating his relationship with the club.

Glory glory Man Utd
    Glory glory Man Utd
    Glory glory Man Utd
    As the reds go marching on on on
  • 22 Jun 2008 7:22 AM

Ribery? People who talk about getting Ribery or Robinho or other wingers as a replacement for Ronaldo are clueless, in my opinion, they don't see the EPL. Mate, by relpacement, we dont only mean a fantasitc winger, but an awesome goalscorer. He scored 1/3 our goals last season, 42! Can Ribery, or Schweinsteiger or say Robinho, score as many or somewhere around it? I doubt it. At the moment, there is no replacement for Ronaldo, that's the bottomline.
  • 22 Jun 2008 6:32 AM
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 6 Jun 2008
    • Posts 4

We can buy Ribery to replace Ronny.

• 22 Jun 2008 6:28 AM

JUST OFFER TO REAL MARID THAT MAN UNITED JUST WILLING TO LET GO C. RONALDO IF THE SPANISH CLUB WILLI BUY HIM AT 200 MILLIONS POUD STERLING PLUS 2 PLAYERS OF OUR CHOICE...SIMPLE AS THAT..NO NEED TO ARGUE...IF YES, WE ARE GOING TO BUY ARSHAVIN, VELOSO, ETC

• 22 Jun 2008 6:18 AM

hey i agree with you but i still believe he should stay hes too valuable too go

• 22 Jun 2008 5:38 AM

because you keep forgetting....when he's interviewed...he DID NOT PLEDGE HIS FUTURE TO MAN UNITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 22 Jun 2008 2:33 AM

Whatever it is, it shows no loyalty from Ronaldo. This is a definite and I believe SAF will not keep players like this. I would suggest to take the 75 mil or 85 mil and buy other players - Sweinsteiger, Arshavin....etc.

• 22 Jun 2008 2:11 AM

Yea, you cannot believe what the papers are saying and insult Cristiano until we hear the official word.Right now, we are on top of the club football world...winning the Premiership and bringing back the Champions League trophy. The thing is, everyone loves to see Goliath fall, and right now we're Goliath and what better way to see and make us fall than to have us lose our star.

I know Fergie is going to be in control and will make sure everything works out best for United. Plus, the people insulting Ronaldo beacuse he hasn't said anything sooner, yada yada, don't forget he has an agent whispering in his ear telling him what to say and what not to say, so bascially everything he says, or doesn't say, is because he's told to. We know he's not exactly the sharpest tool in the box, and so is going to be easily influenced and swayed by the people surrounding him (Scolari, agents, family, etc.) 

Whatever happens, I will still be thankful for what he has done for us, but will just be dissapointed in how he handled his departure, but as I said, he's young and foolish, and has people in every direction whispering into his ear swaying him on what he should or shouldn't do. If he stays, I just hope he issues some sort of an apology to the fans, players, and staff for how this whole series of events turned out.

I just hope we hurry up and find already so we can go buy Messi! Wink (Okay, okay, maybe not)

Page 2 of 3 (34 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >