The views expressed on this noticeboard are expressed by the fans themselves and do not necessarily reflect the views of Manchester United or any of its representatives. The viewing and posting of messages on this noticeboard is subject to the Forum Terms, which can be viewed here.
Faq
Contact Us
Sort Posts:
Previous Next
  • 12 Jul 2008 8:25 AM

Re: Man Utd on verge of completing £20 million Berbatov deal!!

ChrisPortelli:

xxRedDevilxx:

Ok, i was just on wikipedia checking out Berbatov's bio and the first paragraph said that he already plays for Manchester united;

"Dimitar Berbatov born 30 January 1981 in Blagoevgrad, Bulgaria is a Bulgarian footballer who plays as a striker for Manchester United. He is captain of the Bulgarian national football team."

Does this mean that he has already signed for manchester united or is it just wikipedia getting ahead of them selves, as i know wikipedia's information is about as reliable as ronaldo's loyalty.

check it out, what do you think:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dimitar_Berbatov

the content on wikipedia is not always reliable and good,.. everyone can edit any article and write what he wants,... so it is not a reliable source

Yeah i know look at the early life section on his page, i might of done something.

• 12 Jul 2008 8:19 AM

xxRedDevilxx:

Ok, i was just on wikipedia checking out Berbatov's bio and the first paragraph said that he already plays for Manchester united;

"Dimitar Berbatov born 30 January 1981 in Blagoevgrad, Bulgaria is a Bulgarian footballer who plays as a striker for Manchester United. He is captain of the Bulgarian national football team."

Does this mean that he has already signed for manchester united or is it just wikipedia getting ahead of them selves, as i know wikipedia's information is about as reliable as ronaldo's loyalty.

the content on wikipedia is not always reliable and good,.. everyone can edit any article and write what he wants,... so it is not a reliable source

• 12 Jul 2008 8:14 AM

"Dimitar Berbatov born 30 January 1981 in Blagoevgrad, Bulgaria is a Bulgarian footballer who plays as a striker for Manchester United. He is captain of the Bulgarian national football team."

• 12 Jul 2008 7:59 AM

"You people disgust me with your absence of even a shred of intellegence. If you can't tell that Berbatov is a class player, it's because your head is stuck up your rear end.

Huntelaar is also a class player, and either one would be good. The difference is that Huntelaar is a poacher, who will score goals himself, and that Berbs is a playmaker forward, with the abillity to bring the players around him into play.

Lazy?? My effin word! He works his backside off finding space. Not every forward has to chase down every ball, in fact many don't do a tap defensively, Huntelaar included. Just the fact that Berbatov has mastered the art of seeming effortless in his work has led you to dislike him, and it really just shows a lack of respect for talent. Not a better first touch in the league then Berbatov.

A 6"3 centre-forward who is a mastermind on the ball, brilliant at bringing others into play, with the touch of an artist, composure in the box, abilllity in the air and a pretty good goal record for a player of his role. What more could you ask for? Oh forget it, there's no flamin point."

Agreed. One of the best posting i have seen here. I had looked forward to the transfer of Rooney and Ronaldo way before 80% of the fans had even started to notice them. Since then, i had not had the same level of excitement for any of the signings that were made. This guy is one of the most well rounded player in the world at this point of time. Capable of passing, shooting, heading and blessed with the vision, composure and ability to pick the best option. If there is a player we should have, thats him. After that, the next in line should be benzema. Someone who has a old head on a young shoulder. Too bad he doesnt want to come. I managed to catch just one single match of the euro, holland vs france. who was playing better? To me, it was France even though they lost 4-1, Holland was overated. who was the best player? To me, it was Ribery, sneijder was overated.

• 12 Jul 2008 7:51 AM

it could be a good signing,,, but i prefer huntelaar.. if man utd go for berbatov, i hope that huntelaar does not move, so that we can swoop him the successive season!!! we could have a terrific striking force with rooney, tevez, berba, huntelaar, (saha), manucho, and petrucci.... wow....lol.... it would be a dream, but i dont think it will happen at least in the signing of two strikers...

• 12 Jul 2008 7:32 AM

Great news! The best i've heard all summer. Berbatov has the best first touch in world football IMO. And forget his attitude problems, Fergie will sort that one out. The fact of the matter is, Berbatov is a class player, and i'm happy that we haven't bought Huntelaar. I'm afraid he = waste of money, not Berbatov.
    viva john terry
  • 12 Jul 2008 7:09 AM

Berbatov is a good player, i don't know why u guys just keep revolting against him. If he really comes i'll be so happy. Much better than Huntelaar and proven premier league material. 

People who scores alot in the Dutch premier league doesnt necessarily make it in the Premier league, look at dirk kuyt, and that middlesbrough striker, kezman, and the list goes on. Of course with the exception of van nistelrooy.

• 12 Jul 2008 6:35 AM

I hope Tottenham accepts the bid, Berbatov is perfect on the counters and set plays!!!

DO IT FERGIE!!!

• 12 Jul 2008 6:16 AM

Not that Berba is a bad buy...but nevertheless not the best in effort...being "branded" not only by one club but a few of his previous is not very nice for his CV...nontheless, arriving to a big club like ours doesn't mean that he would play better either...

• 12 Jul 2008 6:06 AM
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 28 Jun 2008
    • Posts 24

Hey guy 20m for 27yrs berbatov he is lazy and slow in the field...I think if SAF MAKE A 20M bid for barca ET`O,barca will consider it..Maybe is salary r quite high but this player worth it gd finisher...
  • 12 Jul 2008 5:28 AM

i agree i've never liked berbatov and he IS getting old i'd rather have huntelaar plus huntelaar is younger not to mention he wants to come to united and also, i'm not sure about this but i'm pretty sure he doesnt dive as much as berbatov does! he's already 27 or 28 and yet hes still not learnt that diving is a bad thing!!!
  • 12 Jul 2008 5:24 AM

Berbatov = New Cantona

20 m is acceptable

I'll always trust Fergie!!!

• 12 Jul 2008 5:11 AM

You know what,i hate this so called Fan who questions Sir Alex decision to sign berbatov.Man you people should chill out and allow the man to do this work.when has Sir alex let us down.Everyone keeps on going on about huntelaar and why he will be a better choice instead of berbatov but you know what i disagree because like you i like huntelaar too but then i have watched both of them play live for more than a season now and i can tell you that out of them 2 ,berbatov will suit our present attack style better.

I Now undersatnd why united have bidded for berbatov instead of huntelaar. if you have really observe them two you will know that berbatov will fit in better with the way united interchange and quickly counter attack.huntelaar is really good but we don't need only someone who will score goal but  someone who will create for his team mate and score and berbatov has done that for tottenham.i mean he as the best touch in the premiereship and not even ronaldo as good as he is better at that.

come on people  the guy has not yet signed and kicked a ball for us and already you hate him.give him a break and i know he will be a valuable player for us this coming season if we sign him. Sir Alex doesn't sign a plyaer for the sick of  it but for the good of the team.he is the manager and he knows the kind of players he needs in the team to make the team stronger not weaken it.trust in him and he wil sure deliver us more success.

• 12 Jul 2008 4:28 AM

I AGREE

i tell my friends i dont want him at united no way theirs jsut something i think he wont be able do at united he need to go abroad or stay at tottenham.

fergie they are so much great striker that can be bought now not him please.

give up on him!

• 12 Jul 2008 4:20 AM

Berbatov is class! 

Check this video out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rt63U66NOaY 

Page 3 of 6 (84 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last ยป