The views expressed on this noticeboard are expressed by the fans themselves and do not necessarily reflect the views of Manchester United or any of its representatives. The viewing and posting of messages on this noticeboard is subject to the Forum Terms, which can be viewed here.
Faq
Contact Us
Sort Posts:
Previous Next
  • 31 Jul 2011 7:20 AM

Re: Cleverly made Carrick look like a fisher price toy

ElStevo:
    Gavin2011:
    ET 7:
    man did Cleverly ball today or what? Made Carrick look like ***. HIs defense was superb. His offense was just as good, his passing was just as good and most importantly his speed and agility that Carrick lacks. He even outshined Giggs. I hope this is the end of Carrick b/c this boy played great today. Imagine against weaker teams in the EPL and Champs League etc. Best part was, his defense was not only great with pursuit but him making plays in the passing game tahn Carrick does in a month. LOVE THIS KID ! I'd go with Ando/Sneijder/Fletch/Cleverly as my CM crew with Carrick as back up or sell him. Nani was also Amazing.
    I have no idea what you are talking about. Carrick has 3 premiership medals and champions league winners medal and yes he did earn it. Cant believe your insulting him some fan you are. Carrick is ten times the passer cleverley the thing cleverley does is he runs more and tbh if i had to choose my midfield tomorrow carrick would be in it. Im genuinely shocked that your insulting a man united player. Man united could do without supporters like you carrick gets stick from other fans and now your putting the boot in go bury your head in the sand you muppet. By the way it was a midfielder who scored for barca who was marking him ?
    I don't see the problem of criticizing a player at Manchester United. It is possible to follow the team without loving every player. It doesn't make you less of a 'fan'. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and all players have different strengths and weaknesses. if you think every single player in the squad is flawless then you're delusional. Also, calling people 'muppets' is getting quite tedious on this forum.
    Theres a big difference between insulting a player and criticizing a player. Its people like you who let man united down i bet you make allowances whilst talking to your mates about football I Cant believe your now agreeing thats its ok for a fellow fan to say Cleverly made Carrick look like a fisher price toy. So how in gods name can you fallow a team and say something like that but well done you ve just joined the hate man united players club. I would nt let another non Man Utd fan criticize the team but i bet you would, go support arsenal you sound like one of there supports MUPPET MUPPET MUPPET.
    At my signal unleash Rafael
  • 31 Jul 2011 7:08 AM

ElStevo:
    It is possible to follow the team without loving every player. It doesn't make you less of a 'fan'. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and all players have different strengths and weaknesses. if you think every single player in the squad is flawless then you're delusional. Also, calling people 'muppets' is getting quite tedious on this forum.
    this is by far the BEST comments made!!!
  • 31 Jul 2011 6:56 AM

ET 7:
    ....Made Carrick look like ***. ....his speed and agility that Carrick lacks.... I hope this is the end of Carrick ... with Carrick as back up or sell him....

Imbecile! I'll leave you with a quote from an infallible source to ponder:

“I can’t see why people have problems with Michael Carrick like some seemed to last year. I found him brilliant to play with. He is a simple man with no complications and he does the job required.

“He is not a flashy person or a flashy player but he has great talent. He has great mental concentration. He reads the game so well. He is a dream for any attacking midfielder to play with. He is like a Rolls Royce".
    - Sir Paul Scholes!

and I Suppose you and your ilk would know a good midfielder more than Scholes would eh?
  • 31 Jul 2011 6:27 AM

Wolfen:
    Carrick was poor last season. I think you're all forgetting, who let that pass slip to give Man Sh*tty the FA cup.

You are quite a fo.ol aren't you? A season comprises more than one game... Carrick was the LEAGUE'S best DM last season according to ACTIM... One or two errors and that is all u remember.  Many players made many mistakes too... Usually every goal conceded stems from an error of some sort.. but hey, why am I even bothering with this? You guys never change anyway... I'm Out.

• 31 Jul 2011 5:48 AM

Gavin2011:
    ET 7:
    man did Cleverly ball today or what? Made Carrick look like ***. HIs defense was superb. His offense was just as good, his passing was just as good and most importantly his speed and agility that Carrick lacks. He even outshined Giggs. I hope this is the end of Carrick b/c this boy played great today. Imagine against weaker teams in the EPL and Champs League etc. Best part was, his defense was not only great with pursuit but him making plays in the passing game tahn Carrick does in a month. LOVE THIS KID ! I'd go with Ando/Sneijder/Fletch/Cleverly as my CM crew with Carrick as back up or sell him. Nani was also Amazing.
    I have no idea what you are talking about. Carrick has 3 premiership medals and champions league winners medal and yes he did earn it. Cant believe your insulting him some fan you are. Carrick is ten times the passer cleverley the thing cleverley does is he runs more and tbh if i had to choose my midfield tomorrow carrick would be in it. Im genuinely shocked that your insulting a man united player. Man united could do without supporters like you carrick gets stick from other fans and now your putting the boot in go bury your head in the sand you muppet. By the way it was a midfielder who scored for barca who was marking him ?
    I don't see the problem of criticizing a player at Manchester United. It is possible to follow the team without loving every player. It doesn't make you less of a 'fan'. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and all players have different strengths and weaknesses. if you think every single player in the squad is flawless then you're delusional. Also, calling people 'muppets' is getting quite tedious on this forum.
    When I find myself in times of trouble Chicharito scores for me Javier Hernandez Little Pe***
  • 31 Jul 2011 5:42 AM

Gavin2011:
    ET 7:
    I agree with you, You have gotta be a num-nut to draw such conclusion. Cleverly was not even in the game, he was non existing in the midfield 95 % of the game. about the pass to owen which owen scored. if he would have failed to pass the ball there, he should have retired from football. Carrick was Very good against barcelona this may, u can watch carrick vs barcelona on youtube which will show how good he was, but he was against xavi & iniesta ............ and we didnt have paul scholes :(
  • 31 Jul 2011 5:41 AM

Carrick was poor last season. I think you're all forgetting, who let that pass slip to give Man Sh*tty the FA cup.
  • 31 Jul 2011 5:06 AM

sorry i meant 4 premiership medals
  • 31 Jul 2011 5:04 AM

ET 7:
  • 31 Jul 2011 4:40 AM

He was great and i agree with you but i think Carrivak can still play a part..If Xavi Messi played it would have been totally different..Saf said Barca are the best and we are second..If so he should realise we need  a world class match winning midfielder.. Cleverly doesnt fit that just yet but maybe against smaller teams.

• 31 Jul 2011 4:13 AM

Everyone is overhyping cleverly are we forgetting how poor he played in his other pre season appearances. Lets just hope clevlerly can become more consistant and not be like obertan whereby one match its a ballon d Or like performance and the next match he makes it look like Heskeys got tekkers
    GGMU
  • 31 Jul 2011 4:03 AM

You're right Cleverley played very well, but Carrick is still a much better midfielder than him and was our best midfielder last season. He was a major reason for us winning the premier league and getting us to that champions league final. He's an excellent player and if you don't see what he does for team well then its your loss..
  • 31 Jul 2011 3:33 AM
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 19 Aug 2009
    • Posts 344

Cleverly made Carrick look like a fisher price toy

Page 6 of 6 (88 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6