The views expressed on this noticeboard are expressed by the fans themselves and do not necessarily reflect the views of Manchester United or any of its representatives. The viewing and posting of messages on this noticeboard is subject to the Forum Terms, which can be viewed here.
Faq
Contact Us
Sort Posts:
Previous Next
  • 30 Nov 2011 8:50 AM

Re: Gary Speed has left this world.

Aussie`Mufc # 10:
    You don't bloody understand do you. You dont have one clue to what Speedo was going through emotionally, mentally and spiritually. Suicide isn't a four second decision. He mustve been in a place where there was no return, he mustve felt he was running to stand still.

Yes, I can make assumptions as to what Speed would have went through. I would have imagined that he would have been at a very tough position, and it seemed like there was no return for him. But still, he could have persevered on, not have given up, kept on fighting, and have gotten out of this tough period instead of ending his life period.

Let's just agree to disagree. I'm in mourning along with all of you about Speed. I'm with you in that we lost a great man who was a massive figure in the world of football. Suicide or not, he has left this world, and it was a shock to all of us.

He will always be remembered by everyone, and I wish his family well during these tough times...

• 30 Nov 2011 12:39 AM

RIP Speed.
    Manchester United always!
  • 29 Nov 2011 1:16 PM

R.I.P
    Above standards
  • 29 Nov 2011 10:22 AM

RIP Gary Wilted Flower hopefully you're in a better and happier place now...
    B E L I E V E
  • 29 Nov 2011 9:51 AM

mazhar08:
    galteerover:
    mazhar08:
    Was there actually something wrong in his life that caused this?
    no he did it for the craic.stop making disrespectful comments about something you have shown you know nothing about.

That a was question from curiosity, not a question to insult and disrespect a great man such as Speed. Read over my posts again and see my praises for him and how much we really miss him in this world.

The only thing I don't like is the act of suicide. This does not mean the person is bad in general. Just his action. The action. Not the person.

Speed is now not as despicable as Terry just because of his suicide. The act of suicide is wrong, but he isn't as a person. Get what I mean?

The act of suicide isn't wrong. That's your opinion. You don't bloody understand do you. You dont have one clue to what Speedo was going through emotionally, mentally and spiritually. Suicide isn't a four second decision. He mustve been in a place where there was no return, he mustve felt he was running to stand still. Suicide isn't wrong, if it gets the individual into a peaceful place, then so be it. This act can be prevented, but every case is different. Just because you think its wrong, doesnt mean it is. May he finnally be at his resting and peaceful place. It breaks my heart. Just to think about his boys who will be asking; "Why?", his wife who will have to deal with the aftermath of all this, the funeral arrangements, raising her boys and keeping them on the right track. And most of all keeping Gary's memory alive. May he rest in peace.
    Were Manutd & we'll do what we want !
  • 29 Nov 2011 2:25 AM

galteerover:
    mazhar08:
    Was there actually something wrong in his life that caused this?
    no he did it for the craic.stop making disrespectful comments about something you have shown you know nothing about.

That a was question from curiosity, not a question to insult and disrespect a great man such as Speed. Read over my posts again and see my praises for him and how much we really miss him in this world.

The only thing I don't like is the act of suicide. This does not mean the person is bad in general. Just his action. The action. Not the person.

Speed is now not as despicable as Terry just because of his suicide. The act of suicide is wrong, but he isn't as a person. Get what I mean?

• 28 Nov 2011 10:30 PM

God Bless to a GREAT player and a Great bloke . Thoughts with Family .. R.I.P.
  • 28 Nov 2011 10:26 PM

REST IN PEACE Gary Speed -you were one of the truly great professional footballers in premier league ,awsome and fearless in midfield for every club you ever played for and same for wales,you never shirked a challenge or never got involved in trying to con referees ,you gave as good as you got on the field,never got involved in the politics of clubs regardless of who you or opponent was,never seen you using bad language or insulting opposing player regardless of colour or religon,A manager,s dream knew when you pulled on that jersey for club or country he was goin to get 150 per cent of effort ,did what was asked and more,a player who played for love of the game and not money,no prima donna attitude and most of all influenced players around you when goin got tough the though gotgoin attitude,just look at what an influence you had on wales ,117th when you took over now up to 45 in world,truly a great manager in the making but sadly cut short,dont know why you did what you done but you must of had your reasons but i know this you will always be in my thoughts and prayers,hope you have found that peace you so obviosly were looking for and i dont tink im alone in saying this so on a final note god bless you gary speed-legend
  • 28 Nov 2011 8:30 PM

R.I.P Gary Speed. A model professional and someone who I always respected due to way he conducted himself so admirably on the pitch. Had a such a fantastic career as a player, and no doubt would have had a fantastic career as a manager had he chose to continue on. I know he played for Leeds but that is irrelevant in light if something so so tragic happening to someone so likeable and distinguished. I kind of do NOT want the reasons behind his suicide to ever emerge, because I do not wish for my memories of him to be tainted. Feel terrible for his poor family.
  • 28 Nov 2011 6:40 PM

Ruud van the man`s main fan:
    Ruud van the man`s main fan:
    AntonioRedDevil:
    Has he really died.
    Yes.Apparently on BBC, it was a suicide case.
    I heard it from BBC, but other sources claim it was a suicide case.
    Why would he kill himself, he was the manager of the country he once played for, they were starting to do well, and then he kills himself, that's not fair, I almost burst out in tears when I heard the news, may he Rest In Peace, he was a great man, and a great player, true class.
    They all got divided by United we the best 1 and only Man Utd
  • 28 Nov 2011 6:18 PM

THERE a super star in the sky tonight and that Gary Speed so R.I.P to a ture Gent
  • 28 Nov 2011 3:00 PM

Was shocked when I heard about it. R.I.P.
    Life in a Glass House
  • 28 Nov 2011 1:22 PM

Top Lad. He came into the White Lion at Castelfield a few years ago after he'd played for Newcastle and United had battered them. He was on his own and had plenty of time for all the Reds who had been to the match. Has done a great job at Wales, and will be missed by everyone involved in football. All sympathy to his family.
  • 28 Nov 2011 1:00 PM

Re: Gary Speed

I hope all United supporters share the loss of Gary Speed to football. He was respected and his achievements were still mounting. I feel for his family and friends who are left to recover from this tragic loss. Only time will tell whether the reasons for his death come out, but whereas with Robert Enke, who had depression problems, so far I have not seem anyone comment about any such problems with Gary, which make his death a mystery. RIP Gary Speed.
  • 28 Nov 2011 10:50 AM

Content to be approved by the moderator

Content to be approved by the moderator
Page 1 of 9 (127 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last ยป