The views expressed on this noticeboard are expressed by the fans themselves and do not necessarily reflect the views of Manchester United or any of its representatives. The viewing and posting of messages on this noticeboard is subject to the Forum Terms, which can be viewed here.
Faq
Contact Us
Sort Posts:
Previous Next
  • 9 Dec 2012 3:36 PM

Re: predictions for Sunday

forevergiggs:
    I'm going for 2-3 win with 2 goals from Rooney (one a penalty) and RVP
    Why didn't I put money on this???? :(
  • 9 Dec 2012 12:19 PM

Re: what you think the line up will be against City??

De Gea

Rafael Ferdinand Evans Evra

Welbeck Carrick Scholes Young

Rooney Van Persi

Or

De Gea

Rooney Carrick Scholes Young

Hernandez Van Persi

Or Bit more defensive

De Gea

Carrick Fletcher

Welbeck Rooney Young

Van Persi

Manchester Is RED
  • 9 Dec 2012 12:16 PM

Please DO NOT START Giggs

As we go into this derby clash with our noisy neighbor, am full of confidence we are going to take the game to Citeh because of our forces upfront. However, If we don't want to kill this game that is already on life-support because of our unstable defense, Sir Alex should please not kill the midfield by starting Giggs.
  • 9 Dec 2012 12:12 PM

no jones in midfield = lose

scholes carrick and giggs and possibly fletch..........no nani, no valencia, no clev and ando, no vidic, no kagawa. jesus f uc k .

we need to cut out this cautious *** and play this team

god our team is so weak with all these injuries.

Too be perfectly honest, im dreading today. at full strength we have been a mess. we HAVE NOT played well for a loooooong long time. the manchester united brand of football has not bee around since ronaldo left or since the year after that.

we have been slow but somehow scoring a plenty nontheless. and EVERYONE knows it. this could cost us. however, big games like this......form usually goes out the window. on that case i think we could edge it.

but if going by how the teams are so far this season. i see us getting whooped. we cant contain reading qpr west ham etc. tevez ageuro and dzeko are going to have a field day today :/ rvp and rooney better dig us out of it.

going to be a big loss or 3-2 win coming from behind i think.

Ronaldo too far out for him to think about it AAOH ABSOLUTELY SENSATIONAL
  • 9 Dec 2012 12:07 PM

Expecting a long afternoon after reading SAF comments on the website...."I will probaby go with experience".......OH CHRIST!!!!!! I am guessing his selection will include Jones or Smalling at RB....Wrong Rafa has been our best player and against the likes of Silva/Nasri Jones will be a liabilty!, Giggs n Scholes in midfield...Wrong will get done big time!..... I just hop Fergie gets it right just this once....otherwise we are in for a hiding, i know we are short in midfield but with the personel available th line-up has top be something like this..... De Gea.....Rafa.....Evans.....Rio......Evra / Fletcher.....Carrick......Jones / Rooney.....RVP.....Welbeck, Please god no Scholes or Giggs!
  • 9 Dec 2012 11:59 AM

I have a gut feeling that Fergie may start with Vidic today, despite ruling him out. Is it possible Fergie's over played his injury as part of one of his mind games?
  • 9 Dec 2012 11:17 AM

Have a feeling that SAF could for something like this, especially given what he said about Welbeck & Hernandez in his presser. (Although that could have just been a red herring)

De Gea

Smalling-Rio-Evans-Evra

Fletcher-Carrick

Rooney

RvP-Hernandez-Welbeck

(Assuming Rio is fit, if not could well be Smalling & Evans at CB and Rafael back in at RB.)

• 8 Dec 2012 9:44 PM

siraferguson:
    For me Smalling needs to start at RB and I'd have Scholes instead of Chich, otherwise that would be my lineup
    Midfield of Fletch, Scholes and Carrick wioll get ov er-run and koved to death.. Smalling isn't anything approaching a top quality attacking fullback, Rafa is. Or are you saying his height is the reason? I can see your argument if that's the reason, but with a slow midfield as depicted surely an advanced fullback becomes more important.
  • 8 Dec 2012 9:36 PM

JR_Lewis:
    I think this is the best formation that we can feild tommorrow unless smalling plays instead of ferdinand. i just hope scholes or giggs don't start.
    The flaw is that City don't really play wide players, rather they slide the ball around with 10-15 yard passes inside the central midfielders. In your line up they'd have an extra man sometimes 2, and Young in particulat, less so Rooney I know, would become a by-stander out on the wing.

So go like for like and have a 3rd midfielder - I agree not Scholes or Giggs, play Rooney more centrally and I'd have Welbeck instead of Hernandez, simply because he's better on the ball when drawn a bit deeper and presses better. We need to block off Toure running through the midfield too and an extra body in there is how.

• 8 Dec 2012 9:35 PM

For me Smalling needs to start at RB and I'd have Scholes instead of Chich, otherwise that would be my lineup
    Follow me on twitter: Jstaff_MUFC
  • 8 Dec 2012 9:25 PM

what you think the line up will be against City??

I think this is the best formation that we can feild tommorrow unless smalling plays instead of ferdinand. i just hope scholes or giggs don't start.
  • 8 Dec 2012 8:16 PM

Rooney's Position For City Game

Hey Guys, fergie has been telling about how we may someday see rooney and RVP up front together. Well, How about trying that against city . Would be really lethal. What do u guys think ??
  • 8 Dec 2012 6:49 PM

Re: Man City vs Man Utd - Line Ups & Predictions

Agreed. SIr Alex would have thought about this one and I am sure he will some surprises. Winning this one does two things, open up a 6 points gap, and a loss would destabilize city and mancini. Our defence are a shambles.We new to fix this now. Lindegaard should be in goal and I hope Vidic and Ferdinand are back. This will definetely be a tight one, But United will nick it. 0-1 United! Glory Glory Man United!
  • 8 Dec 2012 6:08 PM

My line ups: De Gea, Rafa, Smalling, Evans, Evra, CDM, cleverley if back/ carrick, scholes. Rm, young. Lm buttner. Cam Rooney. St rvp 4231 formation.
  • 8 Dec 2012 5:31 PM

I think whatever Sir Alex Furguson decides to do he will do it in the best interest for the club and team in Sundays game. I predict 2-1 to Man utd come on reds we have to win I think van persi will score first goal result.
Page 1 of 16 (235 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last ยป