The views expressed on this noticeboard are expressed by the fans themselves and do not necessarily reflect the views of Manchester United or any of its representatives. The viewing and posting of messages on this noticeboard is subject to the Forum Terms, which can be viewed here.
Faq
Contact Us
Sort Posts:
Previous Next
  • 12 Dec 2012 5:14 PM

Re: sneijder to join man utd ?

The colour is RED thinks sir alex and the people should forget this old ***, he might be the closet thing to scholes but he's ship has sailed he should had signed for manchester united all those years ago
  • 12 Dec 2012 10:15 AM

ziggyp1:
    great player.. I say play sneijder deeper in the scholes role. He has the vision and passing range for this and as he ages he is becoming less of a run and dribble type player. He still rate him highly and believe he is the closest thing to scholes in terms of style of play. Physically they are similar height and build, both have Great vision, passing and sneider has that scholes-esque power shot.
    Sneijder does remind of the way Scholes played if we did go for him i think thats thenposition he wouod play as a deep lying playmaker passing vision are like Scholes plus he can burst forward and score goals aswell.The only downside would be his wages and maybe the asking price.Age dosnt come into it as we went for Van Persie when we tend to sign young players but if a top player like Sneijder became available then why not go for him.He would improve us no doubt about that.Doubt it will happen mind.
  • 11 Dec 2012 9:56 PM

Not a chance there is no value in the market and he's too old
  • 11 Dec 2012 9:46 PM

I still think Sneijder would be a great buy if it was for the right price. People say we already have Kagawa and Rooney so what's the point. Well I for one don't think he would be bought to play in the hole as he does for Inter. I think he would play in the center midfield along with Carrick or Fletch (someone with a more defensive mindset).

Yes, we do need more defensive cover from the midfield, but we haven't exactly been unlocking defenses from the middle either. We've all seen the damage he can do when unlocking a defense that has parked the bus.

Imagine a midfield 3 of Carrick, Kagawa, and Sneijder. Kagawa would be the furthest forward in a triangle. Carrick would be the defender / distributer. And Sneijder would be the playmaker. The best example of this would be to use Barca's midfield (but not exactly). In essense, Kagawa would play the same role as Iniesta, Sneijder would play the same role as Xavi, and Carrick would play the role of biscuits.

It's basically an angled triangle (where we play with two at the bottom and one above).

-- Kagawa

--------------------- Sneijder

---------Carrick

Just my opinion. But I think if he's cheap, he would be the buy of the window.

Know what I mean
  • 11 Dec 2012 9:00 PM

Raydan07:
    For the right price anytime
    agreed but I'd also say for the correct salary as well. There is no way he is worth $250k a week, I'd say under $110k a week.
  • 11 Dec 2012 7:37 PM

DBYGFX:
    Some news on the Sneijder front is:

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/364081/Manchester-United-given-Wesley-Sneijder-boost

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/12/11/3594865/manchester-city-boss-mancini-no-longer-interested-in-de-rossi-or-?source=breakingnews

Both articles have quotes from the manager, City and PSG have stopped their attempts to sign Sneijder. Im sorry, but he could be vital to us, mark my words. See how Nani isn't playing too well, since he got the offer from Zenit, but he played amazing for Portugal? IMO thats the same thing happening with Sneijder. He simply hasen't had his heart set with them since we attempted to get him, and the qualities there, and the Euro's proved that.

May I point out people didn't like RVP due to his age, and injury record? Look how he turned out, he's scored an odd 14 goals this season already and he's been helping Welbeck and Hernandez. Why not the same for Sneijder, we could get him on a free (unlikely) but we could defo get him at a reduced price! I mean, they're talking sums of £8m-£12m. Thats nothing for what he'll give us!

People say we've got Kagawa, but whats wrong with healthy competition, and unless Kagawa competes for the CF role, we will have to sacrifice wingers to play all of them in the same side. People will deny the fact they don't want Sneijder now, like what they did with RVP, but then the rumours will gather pace. The perfect January would consist of the sale of Mecheda, the signing of Sneijder, the sale of Nani and the idea of a replacement coming in.

Good read that mate & i agree with all you said.I also think he would be a very good signing especially in the 8-12million bracket.
  • 11 Dec 2012 7:16 PM

Some news on the Sneijder front is:

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/364081/Manchester-United-given-Wesley-Sneijder-boost

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/12/11/3594865/manchester-city-boss-mancini-no-longer-interested-in-de-rossi-or-?source=breakingnews

Both articles have quotes from the manager, City and PSG have stopped their attempts to sign Sneijder. Im sorry, but he could be vital to us, mark my words. See how Nani isn't playing too well, since he got the offer from Zenit, but he played amazing for Portugal? IMO thats the same thing happening with Sneijder. He simply hasen't had his heart set with them since we attempted to get him, and the qualities there, and the Euro's proved that.

May I point out people didn't like RVP due to his age, and injury record? Look how he turned out, he's scored an odd 14 goals this season already and he's been helping Welbeck and Hernandez. Why not the same for Sneijder, we could get him on a free (unlikely) but we could defo get him at a reduced price! I mean, they're talking sums of £8m-£12m. Thats nothing for what he'll give us!

People say we've got Kagawa, but whats wrong with healthy competition, and unless Kagawa competes for the CF role, we will have to sacrifice wingers to play all of them in the same side. People will deny the fact they don't want Sneijder now, like what they did with RVP, but then the rumours will gather pace. The perfect January would consist of the sale of Mecheda, the signing of Sneijder, the sale of Nani and the idea of a replacement coming in.

• 10 Dec 2012 4:15 PM

great player.. I say play sneijder deeper in the scholes role. He has the vision and passing range for this and as he ages he is becoming less of a run and dribble type player. He still rate him highly and believe he is the closest thing to scholes in terms of style of play. Physically they are similar height and build, both have Great vision, passing and sneider has that scholes-esque power shot.
  • 10 Dec 2012 3:25 PM

Off to PSG in January so we can finally put this one to bed....
  • 10 Dec 2012 12:30 PM

Surely the Sneijder ship has sailed by now. Maybe he'll come do a Larsson and come here for bit near the end of his career. There would be a place for him when Giggs /Scholes leave but just doesn't seem like where we need to put our money. Maybe if he pops up on a free transfer at some point
  • 9 Dec 2012 5:19 PM

mcrae13:
    hofenean:
    I thought RVP and Sneijder didn't have the best relationship for the national team? Maybe I'm wrong. He had his chances a few years now but he opted to stay. We have Kagawa now and I'd prefer a box to box mid anyways. My guess is he goes to Turkey or Russia anyways.
    Would not surprises me if he left for Shakhtar Donetsk. They pay well and if Willian is leaving he would be a nice replacement.
    Could be an option but they'll probably pluck a Brazilian to replace anyone now lol. Anzi and Fenerbahce have been linked. Rather get a younger player like Bender or Strootman. Strootman being preferred.
  • 9 Dec 2012 5:09 PM
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 7 Aug 2011
    • Posts 94

Good indeed. He's getting old, he's injury prone and he would want a hug salary. Much rather buy Eriksen from Ajax if we're looking for another CAM.
  • 9 Dec 2012 5:02 PM

hofenean:
    I thought RVP and Sneijder didn't have the best relationship for the national team? Maybe I'm wrong. He had his chances a few years now but he opted to stay. We have Kagawa now and I'd prefer a box to box mid anyways. My guess is he goes to Turkey or Russia anyways.
    Would not surprises me if he left for Shakhtar Donetsk. They pay well and if Willian is leaving he would be a nice replacement.
    MUFC
  • 9 Dec 2012 4:32 PM

• 9 Dec 2012 4:14 PM

silvester88:
    Manunitedrule:
    No thank you; I wanted him at OT few years ago, but not now. He is expensive, overrated and a has been who will demand high wages. How about the young guns like Isco, Gotze, Strootman etc!!!
    I agree i did want Sneijder here a couple of years ago but not now.Of course he is still a quality player butni prefer us to invest in younger players that we can develop as after all SAF is building for the future.
    I agree mate!!
Page 1 of 4 (54 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >