The views expressed on this noticeboard are expressed by the fans themselves and do not necessarily reflect the views of Manchester United or any of its representatives. The viewing and posting of messages on this noticeboard is subject to the Forum Terms, which can be viewed here.
Faq
Contact Us
Sort Posts:
Previous Next
  • 19 Dec 2012 12:29 PM

Re: Swansea vs Man Utd - Line Up & Predictions

This is going to be a tough fixture, wouldnt be at all surprised to see us draw this one but hopefully we can pick up all 3 points with this team: De Gae. Rafael, Rio, Smalling, Evra: Fletcher, Cleverley, Young, Valencia, Rooney, RVP. Subs: Lindergaard, Jones, Vidic, Scholes, Carrick / Powell, Welbeck, Hernandez.
  • 18 Dec 2012 7:21 PM

My team would be...

De Gea

Rafael- Rio- Evans- Evra

Fletcher- Cleverley- Jones

Rooney

RVP- Hernandez

This is presuming that Carrick is not fit, is he is then play him instead of Jones. If we are winning comfortably then we should replace Rooney with Kagawa to give him some minutes and Van Persie with Welbeck to give RVP a rest.

My prediction is Swansea 2- 4 Man United (Rooney, Van Persie, Evans, Welbeck)

Does anyone ever read these?
  • 18 Dec 2012 4:50 PM

Hmmmm, looks like Carrick's picked up an "injury" and will be out. This is what'd I'd like to see - either Jones or Vidic starting alongside Smalling would be nice.

Subs: Lindegaard, Vidic, Buttner, Scholes, Powell, Welbeck, Hernandez.

• 18 Dec 2012 3:42 PM

Before Sunderlands's game , SAF said Kags will be traning all week with the senior team so he expect him to get a start or at least make the bench . Carick is doubtful as it stands, Ando is out. 4-3-3 ---------------De Gea----------------- Rafael----Smalling----Vidic-------Evra ---Kagawa-------Jones------Cleverley --Valencia------Van persie---Rooney ..it can easily change to a 4-2-2-2.....with 2 cm's and Valencia and kags on the wings.Looks unlikely though
    Luiz Ameid***
  • 18 Dec 2012 3:26 PM

Well considering we are going to have a busy Chistmas schedule playing against Swansea, Newcastle, West Brom, Wigan and then West Ham in the FA cup from the 22/12 to 05/13 that's 5 games in 15 days which will be a huge test of the squad.

Swansea are no mugs and at home they are very good, but with this team I reckon we could get a 0-3 victory considering our form:

De Gea

Rafael Rio Vidic Evra

Cleverley Fletcher Kagawa

Rooney RvP Welbeck

Subs: Lindegaard, Smalling, Jones, Buttner, Young, Carrick and Hernandez

The reason I've thrown Kagawa in his because it will give the match fitness against a team he should play well against, with Tom helping him and Fletcher helping to tidy everything up our midfield should do well. I went for the most experienced back four as they will need to help Vidic out a lot and Michu out, he should be able to cope with whatever Swansea can throw at us. I've kept Rooney and Robin up top and given Young a rest and let Welbeck come in just because he's more similiar to Ashley and it will et us play the same sytem that has served us so well in recent games. Ideally both Wayne and van Persie get on the score sheet before the 60th minute then get Kagawa, Wayne and Rvp off for Jones, to help shore up the middle, and straight swaps with Hernandez and Young to get Hernandez minutes and for Young to keep his form going.

• 18 Dec 2012 11:07 AM

Get Welbeck out of the First 11 and put back Valencia.....thou he has been awful of late...I would rather him....Welbeck isn't upto to Man Utd standard....thou no insult...but I dont see any difference between him and Sturridge,only that he defends-----selfish with the ball.
  • 18 Dec 2012 10:42 AM

--------------------------De Gea-------------------------

Jones--------Ferdinand--------Evans------------Evra

------------------Carrick-------Cleverley---------------

------Valencia----------Rooney---------Young-------

------------------------Van Persie-----------------------

SUBS: Johnson, Smalling, Vidic, Fletcher, Scholes, Welbeck, Hernandez.

PREDICTION: Swansea 1 - Man Utd 2 (RVP, Rooney)

PAUL SCHOLES Im not a man of many words but I can honestly say playing football is all I ever wanted to do
  • 16 Dec 2012 9:10 PM

From VNWithLove:
    Swansea just lost to Spurs and to be honest they looked toothless in the final third, if we just focus on our game rather than trying to contain them we should be fine.
    Swansea will be different at Home? They are missing a few key players with a small squad... Hernandez is a fine player and they have missed him the last 2 games in the Prem. If he`s fit for next week they will play a lot better?

But we should have more than enough to get a result there... there passing game was off today? but they do defend well Ashley Williams, and Chico Flores, are 2 very good Centre backs, And they missed Angel rangel as well today... young Ben Davies can get got at left back so I would play Valencia?

If we were playing them 3 weeks back i would have said, this was a hard game, still is a tricky one but with the players they have out we should get a positive result.

• 16 Dec 2012 3:41 PM

Swansea just lost to Spurs and to be honest they looked toothless in the final third, if we just focus on our game rather than trying to contain them we should be fine.
    When I have to make tough decisions in my life I listen to the little boy inside me That little boy was screaming Manchester United
  • 16 Dec 2012 3:40 PM

Same as against Sunderland but with Rafa back, Valencia didn't have the best of games but our width can stretch Swansea and cause them problems.
  • 16 Dec 2012 1:57 PM

De Gea; Rafael - Smalling - Ferdinand - Evra; Valencia - Carrick - Cleverley - Young; Rooney - Van Persie

Some people think football is a matter of life and death I assure you it's much more serious than that
  • 16 Dec 2012 1:29 PM

-mb-:
    Think we might need Rafael at fullback, cause they have Pablo Hernandez on the wing, and he's decent at twisting and turning and getting throughballs in, so I think it would suit Rafael more
    Fair enough but Jones is no-nonsense when it's down to 1 on 1 either, actually the part that I like best about his game is his tackling/interception, and the fact that Valencia seems to have no end product to his game recently make Rafael's guile a bit more preferable.

That said, I still think SAF is going to play Valencia, he usually tries to play a player into form, the most recent instance Young.

When I have to make tough decisions in my life I listen to the little boy inside me That little boy was screaming Manchester United
  • 16 Dec 2012 1:23 PM
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11 Aug 2012
    • Posts 242

From VNWithLove:
    I'm tempted to throw Rafael in at RW and persist with Jones at RB
    Think we might need Rafael at fullback, cause they have Pablo Hernandez on the wing, and he's decent at twisting and turning and getting throughballs in, so I think it would suit Rafael more
    posts are being moderated again
  • 16 Dec 2012 1:20 PM

I'm tempted to throw Rafael in at RW and persist with Jones at RB. Swansea play a pretty narrow passing game so we obviously should stick with our usual 4-4-2 with Rooney dropping deep, Vidic did ok last game so if he starts it's no issue for me, still think Rio can bring the ball out of defense better than him but his ferocity is a plus point against an on-form Michu.

Swansea is not as hard to crack at home as last season, so if we can keep the mometum going then I'd fancy us to win by 2 goals, provided Giggs and Scholes are not in the line up.

• 16 Dec 2012 1:01 PM

redmancr:
    De Gea Rafael Smalling Rio Evra/ Carrick Cleverley Jones/ Rooney RVP Young. Welbeck and Chicha can come in against Newcastle. But Valencia is the only player who started yesterday and should be dropped. As for the bench, hopefully Kagawa is bavk: Lindegaard, Vidic, Fletch, Scholes, Kagawa, Welbeck and Chicha.
    I would play this line up De Gea Rafael Ferdinand Smalling Evra Carrick Cleverley Valencia Rooney Young Van Persie Subs Lindegaard Hernandez Jones Kagawa Powell Fletcher Vidic
Page 2 of 3 (32 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >