The views expressed on this noticeboard are expressed by the fans themselves and do not necessarily reflect the views of Manchester United or any of its representatives. The viewing and posting of messages on this noticeboard is subject to the Forum Terms, which can be viewed here.
Faq
Contact Us
Sort Posts:
Previous Next
  • 5 Mar 2013 4:25 PM

Re: Man Utd & R Madrid line ups

Who do you have at the back Vidic and Evans or Vidic and Rio? I only ask because we have looked so much more solid since Vidic got back so I can't see us leaving him out, but then Evans has been immense for us this season and played better than Rio the first leg, but then again Rio has tonnes more experience and there is that partnership between him and Vidic.
    xEDIT YOUR THREAD TITLE TO STOP THE TROLLx
  • 5 Mar 2013 3:20 PM

De gea, rafael, ferdinand, vidic, buttner, nani, cleverley, kagawa, anderson, van persie, hernandez.
  • 5 Mar 2013 3:14 PM

De Gea, Rafael, Rio, Evans, Evra, Carrick, Cleverley, Kagawa, Rooney, Valencia, Van Persie.
  • 5 Mar 2013 2:35 PM

I personally think it would be the same team that played at the benabeau that will play tonight, If I'm wrong I think this line-up will be good enough to take us through. VIDIC/FREDINAND EVANS RAFAEL EVRA, CLEVERLY CARRICK, ROONEY WELBECK KAGAWA VAN PERSIE. Apparently the line-up is a 4-5-1 with Rooney and Welbeck defending+attacking on the wings, extra attack through the middle with Kagawa and Cleverly and Carrick doing central midfield defence+attack. For Subs Giggs for Kagawa, Valencia for Welbeck and Anderson for Cleverly. This is an extremely high performance game, from start to finish.
  • 5 Mar 2013 1:13 PM

Re: Man Utd line up

i like your team but i would prefer Nani on that wing than Welbeck since he is a natural winger otherwise thats the team i would go for if i was SAF
  • 5 Mar 2013 1:11 PM

• 5 Mar 2013 12:50 PM

• 5 Mar 2013 12:48 PM

I would personally go for ---------------------------------------------De Gea----------------------------------------------------- Rafael -----------------Vidic------------------------------Ferdinand------------------------Evra Welbeck--------------Kagawa----------------------------Carrick ----------------------Giggs/Nani --------------------------------------------Rooney---------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------RVP------------------------------------------------- Also, i would definitely bring on Chicarito after 60 min as hes an extremely useful substitute capable of making runs and tearing any defence which is (naturally) tired after playing 60 min
  • 5 Mar 2013 12:45 PM

STARTING XI LAST 30 MINUTES IF Man Utd ARE LEADIND/QUALIFYING DE GEA DE GEA RAFAEL FERDINAND VIDIC EVRA VIDIC CARRICK RAFAEL FERDINAND EVANS EVRA ANDERSON NANI ROONEY CARRICK CLEVERLY GIGGS KAGAWA NANI VAN PERSIE ROONEY 100 % SURE WE'RE GOING THROUGH 2-0 VAN PERSIE AND NANI
  • 5 Mar 2013 12:15 PM

your line-up against madrid

sorry i could not find a post on this. sorry.

de gea

rafael evans vidic evra

cleverley carrick

valencia rooney kagawa - rooney and kagawa inter-changing

rvp

lindegaard smalling/ferdinand anderson (will play - come on for clevs) young/nani giggs (will play - come on for kagawa) welbeck (will play - come on for valencia) hernandez

3-2 to man utd :)

rvp, rooney x2 (rooney scores first) / ronaldo, benzema.

• 5 Mar 2013 10:54 AM

jpg-forever a red:
    This is now the team that I would like to play Obvious back four becuase it's our strongest back four. Valencia chosen because he can help with Ronaldo now that Jones won't play. Carrick is an obvious pick. Anderson over Cleverley because I feel Anderson's physical strength and speed could help - would not mind seeing Cleverley play though. Welbeck out on the left as he is fast, scored in the away fixture, he's strong and can track back. Rooney and Van Persie is obvious, they will make massive problems for Real Madrid. My prediction is 2-1 to United. (Rooney, Evans and Di Maria)
    I agree with your line up,except that Vidic may not be able to play another game of this intensity so soon after his last game against Norwich. While I have been supporting MU for over three decades, I am pessimistic about tonight's game,as Real Madrid seem to be slightly superior in terms of skills and physical strength. I think we should not be too adventurous in our game tonight,especially during the first 30 minutes, otherwise they may score a few goals, making it impossible for us to recover.
  • 5 Mar 2013 10:50 AM

Re: Man Utd vs R Madrid line ups

I'do go with the diamond 4-4-2 formation that saf already used in the Champions league with Kagawa Rooney and RvP taking care of the attacking stuff. I really like Nani, Young, ... but i think their defending skills aren't the best and a more defensive formation like this one would be more appropriate Valencia is a natural Central/Defensive midfielder and I think he could really play well in this position with 2 others midfielders : Carrick (for sure) and Cleverley or Anderson or Giggs. Although those too are maybe not quick enough compared to the Real players. So this formation includes quick players with good defensive skills... maybe that's the key Valencia could help But this formation would exclude Welbeck from the starting eleven although he could play instead of Kagawa upfront but with the form kagawa's been in... I'm also not really glad when Rooney plays wide or in midfield and I prefer him associated to RVP upfront Bench : Lindegaard, Smalling, B├╝ttner, Welbeck, Chicharito, Giggs, Evans --- sorry Anderson & Nani but not today...
  • 5 Mar 2013 10:34 AM

I know that Rooney as a right defensive midfielder seems odd, but with his speed, stamina and even marking skills he is the only one available to help Rafael on marking Ronaldo, now that Jones is injured
    The Busby Babes
    Champions of Heaven since 1958
  • 5 Mar 2013 10:16 AM

This will be my team to start against Real- GK-D DE GEA,RB-RAFAEL,CB-R FERDINAND,CB-N VIDIC,LB-P EVRA RM-W ROONEY,CM-M CARRICK,CM-ANDERSON,CM-T CLEVERLEY,LM-D WELBECK ST-RVP
  • 4 Mar 2013 6:25 PM

This is now the team that I would like to play Obvious back four becuase it's our strongest back four. Valencia chosen because he can help with Ronaldo now that Jones won't play. Carrick is an obvious pick. Anderson over Cleverley because I feel Anderson's physical strength and speed could help - would not mind seeing Cleverley play though. Welbeck out on the left as he is fast, scored in the away fixture, he's strong and can track back. Rooney and Van Persie is obvious, they will make massive problems for Real Madrid. My prediction is 2-1 to United. (Rooney, Evans and Di Maria)
Page 1 of 4 (53 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >