The views expressed on this noticeboard are expressed by the fans themselves and do not necessarily reflect the views of Manchester United or any of its representatives. The viewing and posting of messages on this noticeboard is subject to the Forum Terms, which can be viewed here.
Faq
Contact Us
Sort Posts:
Previous Next
  • 3 Mar 2013 8:10 PM

Re: Predicted 2013-2014 team and signings

anyone looked at Antonie Griezmann ?
  • 3 Mar 2013 6:55 PM

koke is a great option too
  • 3 Mar 2013 6:54 PM

' I'd personally like to see Koke,' that is a great suggestion but think quintero would be better in the long run
  • 3 Mar 2013 6:41 PM

Danny159:

He started so well, started to make sense too. However, I'm giving our defence benefit of the doubt. Since Vidic's return, our defence has settled, Vidic and Evans looks like such a solid partnership. I think as long as they stay injury-free, I think our defence will be well-balanced, with M. Keane as cover. The return of Fabio for one last shot of making a career here.

I think Rodriguez in replace of Nani is fair, if Nani sorts himself out, then we won't need to get Rodriguez, I think Scholes will retire at the end of the season, he hasn't made an impact this season, which for me, will set Scholes in that mind-set which is a shame. Strootman, I think a born leader, would provide something we've been lacking in recent years in our midfield, despite Jones providing it the last couple of times, I think, once he matures, he will become a cb. After this, I think we will have a young squad, with a lot of potential and will get better, and I think the next season, we will definatly need a CB, with vidic one year older, and rio, will be almost past it.

Aye, i'm struggling to see the need for a new CB, Rio looks likely to extend his stay, Jonny has been brilliant and Vidic is getting back to his best, Jones and Smalling still learning, with Keane having a great loan at Leicester he can be back up but will probably get another loan.

We need a CM for sure and my money would be on Strootman although I'd personally like to see Koke, could possibly need a second if Anderson leaves. Then Nani's situation is still pretty much up in the air, if he does leave then we should look to bring in a left footer imo so Rodriguez or more dreamy Bale. Finally if we can snap up Luke Shaw that would be brilliant.

• 3 Mar 2013 6:33 PM

stretford77:
    ayushmufc:
    James Rodriguez(if Nani leaves)
    ayushmufc:
    --------Nani-------Rooney------Rodriguez------------------
    Tongue Tied

He started so well, started to make sense too. However, I'm giving our defence benefit of the doubt. Since Vidic's return, our defence has settled, Vidic and Evans looks like such a solid partnership. I think as long as they stay injury-free, I think our defence will be well-balanced, with M. Keane as cover. The return of Fabio for one last shot of making a career here.

I think Rodriguez in replace of Nani is fair, if Nani sorts himself out, then we won't need to get Rodriguez, I think Scholes will retire at the end of the season, he hasn't made an impact this season, which for me, will set Scholes in that mind-set which is a shame. Strootman, I think a born leader, would provide something we've been lacking in recent years in our midfield, despite Jones providing it the last couple of times, I think, once he matures, he will become a cb. After this, I think we will have a young squad, with a lot of potential and will get better, and I think the next season, we will definatly need a CB, with vidic one year older, and rio, will be almost past it.

• 3 Mar 2013 6:21 PM

stretford77:
    ayushmufc:
    ayushmufc:
    Tongue Tied
    Sorry my bad meant Valenci***
  • 3 Mar 2013 6:15 PM

ayushmufc:
    ayushmufc:
    Tongue Tied
  • 3 Mar 2013 5:00 PM

No way are we signing 4 players. Two seems likely, wouldnt be surprised if we only signed one considering how much depth we already have in our squad.

We dont need a CB. Rio should have one more year, Vidic has almost completely recovered, Evans has cemented his place, and Jones/Smalling are improving and getting more and more responsibility.

And honestly I dont think we need anymore attacking players. Sure our wingers havent been up to the task consistently but Zaha should bring in more competition. Next season will be a deciding one for some of them to show whether they have a future here , especially for Young.

In stead of buying three players this summer or even two, I would rather we used all that money and bought one great CM.

Also you mentioned Petrucci, since hes no longer a U21 we would need to include him into the 25 man squad which is not likely. So he will probably be loaned out for the season.

• 3 Mar 2013 3:55 PM

Predicted 2013-2014 team and signings

Hello everyone this is my first thread on the website and i am completely new on it so please be a bit easy on me. According to rumors we're expected to sign: James Rodriguez Kevin Strootman Juan Fernando Quintero and a CB I think we will sign Kevin Strootman and James Rodriguez(if Nani leaves) and a CB for sure and there is a possibility of us signing Quintero. My arrivals: Kevin Strootman, James Rodriguez, Mats Hummels/Neven Subotic and Julian Draxler/Quintero Departures: Paul Scholes(retirement), Nani(if he doesnt sign a new contract), Fletcher(illness), Anderson(given too many chances might get one last season) My Team Formation: 4-2-3-1 ---------------------------De Gea--------------------------- Rafael----------Vidic-------Hummels/Subotic--------------Evra -------------Carrick----Cleverley------------ --------Valencia-------Rooney------Rodriguez------------------ ------------------Van Persie------------------------ Substitutes: Lindegaard, Ferdinand/Jones, Evans/M Keane, Young/Valencia, Kagawa/Powell, Strootman/Giggs, Welbeck/Hernandez With this i feel the full squad of 25 would be happy and few of our promising youngsters like Powell, Keane brothers, Petrucci could also be played in a few of the easy games and FA cup or League cup' Please share your views
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)