The views expressed on this noticeboard are expressed by the fans themselves and do not necessarily reflect the views of Manchester United or any of its representatives. The viewing and posting of messages on this noticeboard is subject to the Forum Terms, which can be viewed here.
Faq
Contact Us
Sort Posts:
Previous Next
  • 9 Sep 2013 6:19 PM

Re: Can we use fellaini like man city use yaya toure?

i`ve seen yaya many times finding it very difficult playing againt fellaini, lets just give him a chance he can do it
    WE ARE THE BEST IN THE WORLD
  • 8 Sep 2013 8:16 PM

I think this is exactly how Moyes will use Fellaini, only when partnered with Carrick, though. If partnered with Cleverley or Anderson, I can imagine he will be the deeper of the two midfielders, which worries me a bit as he hasn't got the tactical and positional awareness of Carrick.
    MAN UTD 4 LIFE!!!
  • 7 Sep 2013 3:23 PM

mosley909:
    LEE TREVIS:
    mazhar08:

Carrick of Cleverley

Has Carrick bought a castle with a title then Mazhar? lol Big Smile
    love the idea of carrick living in a castle
    lol I meant to type in Carrick "or" Cleverley, but hey, since it went that far already, I won't edit my post :P. To be honest, whatever house Carrick lives in will seem like a castle to all of us regular fans here.
  • 7 Sep 2013 1:58 PM

mosley909:
    You mean he doesn't? Thought they all did.

Djibril Cisse - the daft haired former Liverpool player, not our poster, bought a title for somewhere on The Wirral.

Lord Moron of Port Sunlight or something....

• 7 Sep 2013 11:08 AM

This is the best team except Nani, I think this position is Zah***
  • 7 Sep 2013 10:48 AM

LEE TREVIS:
    mazhar08:

Carrick of Cleverley

You are my Solskjaer my Ole Solskjaer You make me happy when skies are grey
    Oh Alan Shearer was******* dearer please dont take my Solskjaer away
  • 7 Sep 2013 9:20 AM

It wont be that formation due to the fact that Valencia will play instead of Kagawa and Moyes will ALWAYS find a reason to play Cleverly, Giggs and Welbeck; even when they dont perform that well the week before. We all can see that your formation would be our strongest but Moyes cant see past 4-4-2. Moyes inability to see that Kagawa would be a great catalyst will cost us dear this year. Goalless draws here we come!!!
    Its my opinion
  • 6 Sep 2013 8:09 PM

no he cant drive the all forward like yaya can, he is a diffrent type of player
    You are my Solskjaer my Ole Solskjaer You make me happy when skies are grey
    Oh Alan Shearer was******* dearer please dont take my Solskjaer away
  • 6 Sep 2013 7:52 PM

mazhar08:

Carrick of Cleverley

LEE TREVIS AND GREGOS TRAITORELLI SUPPORT POSITIVE POSTS PLEASE JUST GIVE A LITTLE OF YOUR TIME EACH DAY TO BUMP POSITIVE POSTS TOGETHER WE CAN SAVE THIS FORUM FROM MUPPETRY
  • 6 Sep 2013 7:42 PM

It will be very interesting to see how the manager uses Fellaini.Will he play him as a holding mid-field player and set Carrick free?Or will Carrick continue to function as a holding player and will Fellaini be set free?Will be interesting to see.Perhaps they might play different roles during different periods of a game.My view is that he will play Fellaini as a holding player.We"ll have to wait and watch....
  • 6 Sep 2013 2:31 PM

There's a great article on Fellaini in today's ESPN:

http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/manchesterunited/id/2867?cc=4716

Well worth reading

• 6 Sep 2013 1:44 PM

mazhar08:

Ever since Yaya's been given his attacking freedom, he's become worse, defensively, than before. Fellaini naturally plays like Yaya Toure, so there isn't much of a difference between them.

To be honest, Fellaini isn't that great at taking defensive positions; he's only good at tackling and winning the ball from the opposition. If he has a suitable partner that can read the game well and shield the defence, someone like Carrick of Cleverley, Fellaini can be set free to do what he likes to do best.

Agreed
    GGMU
  • 6 Sep 2013 1:39 PM

With Fellaini and Carrick in Midfield, It gives us a better option for the 3 behind RVP.........
  • 6 Sep 2013 1:29 PM

I really hope this is the line up v Crystal Palace and away v City - Except Rafael of course as he is still injured, I would play Valencia or Fabio there.

Truly believe that front 4 could compete with the best around Europe, hopefully Carrick and Fellaini can strike up a strong partnership and then we could be in for a very good season especially if we manage to keep Vidic fit, our defence is so much stronger with him leading the defence.

• 6 Sep 2013 1:20 PM

Ever since Yaya's been given his attacking freedom, he's become worse, defensively, than before. Fellaini naturally plays like Yaya Toure, so there isn't much of a difference between them.

To be honest, Fellaini isn't that great at taking defensive positions; he's only good at tackling and winning the ball from the opposition. If he has a suitable partner that can read the game well and shield the defence, someone like Carrick of Cleverley, Fellaini can be set free to do what he likes to do best.

Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 1 2 Next >