The views expressed on this noticeboard are expressed by the fans themselves and do not necessarily reflect the views of Manchester United or any of its representatives. The viewing and posting of messages on this noticeboard is subject to the Forum Terms, which can be viewed here.
Faq
Contact Us
Sort Posts:
Previous Next
  • 3 Jan 2014 2:12 PM

Re: mata and vidal

yes, it's what we need BUT stop dreaming! Even in the summer those transfer a far from realistic and in the winter they are almost ridiculous. I am dreaming of Koke + Reus + Shaw + Strootman but unless I play FIFA on may PS3 those names won't wear a United shirt any time soon.
  • 3 Jan 2014 2:01 PM

The MATA deal is a complete non-starter so can we just let it die out finally... chelsea won't sell him to united unless we open the door to Rooney going the other way. It's besides the point anyway, he's a no10 and performs best as one so there is absolutely no reason to be interested whilst we have options in that role. In terms of VIDAL; he's just signed a new contract at Juve in December and whilst that doesn't completely rule out a transfer it almost certainly doesn't give us any encouragement to go for the player. Genuinely the only way I could see this being pulled off is if Juve accept an astronomical offer (which it will have to be) & for financial reasons and then we convince the player to come but it's a long shot that would probably have woodward chasing his tail for most of the window which is not what we want; if we do business we want to wrap it up quickly and avoid another summer fiasco.
  • 3 Jan 2014 11:42 AM

I just wish Moyes had half of your brains.

Although both these players will be difficult to get. It's exactly what we need

• 3 Jan 2014 11:26 AM

moyesforpresident:
    Lennonunited:
    Both players are almost impossible to get, Chelsea would never sell Mata to United. Unless it somehow involved Rooney.

It's going to be difficult to bring in a top player, but Moyes needs to make a statement because the league form must improve.

i think united is not in a position to bargain cheap because all the lure of coming to play for manchester united is non-existent at the moment. HOWEVER, we are still pretty well off. a 55m bid for vidal and a 35m bid for mata should do it. With a willingness to increase the offer a max 10m on each. REALLY it would be mind-blowing how much we would turn around. you cant expect our defense to make up for our ***midfield and the same with our attack. Its time to break the bank.
    Couldn't agree more with this
  • 2 Jan 2014 9:27 PM

id buy vidal any day
    FERGUSON IN DISGUISE AND I DONT HAVE TO SELL MY SOUL HES ALREADY IN ME
  • 2 Jan 2014 8:59 PM

Lennonunited:
    moyesforpresident:
    Lennonunited:
    Both players are almost impossible to get, Chelsea would never sell Mata to United. Unless it somehow involved Rooney.

It's going to be difficult to bring in a top player, but Moyes needs to make a statement because the league form must improve.

i think united is not in a position to bargain cheap because all the lure of coming to play for manchester united is non-existent at the moment. HOWEVER, we are still pretty well off. a 55m bid for vidal and a 35m bid for mata should do it. With a willingness to increase the offer a max 10m on each. REALLY it would be mind-blowing how much we would turn around. you cant expect our defense to make up for our ***midfield and the same with our attack. Its time to break the bank.
    It's definitely time to break the bank, but Chelsea would never sell Mata to us even if we offered £40m.

There's a huge hole in the midfield, you see it every time we attack and every time we defend. I think Herrera will be a good signing, he'll keep things ticking and hopefully we can sign Coentrao off Madrid for the full-back position. He can play RB and LB, and has a lot of energy, something our team is lacking.

Save a Vidal-type of signing for the summer.

By summer it'll be too late for Vidal; if you're going to buy a player of his class and lay out that sort of money then you might as well do it now or never.
  • 2 Jan 2014 8:54 PM

Content to be approved by the moderator

• 2 Jan 2014 8:50 PM

I think if we offered Chelsea Hernandez and money we could get him. Juventus we offered Nani and money and that could leave money to sign a quality player to play alongside Vidal. Sell young and cleverly / Anderson / carrick, buttner, bebe and macheda to raise a few funds to help finance a deal.
  • 2 Jan 2014 4:58 PM

moyesforpresident:
    Lennonunited:

It's definitely time to break the bank, but Chelsea would never sell Mata to us even if we offered £40m.

There's a huge hole in the midfield, you see it every time we attack and every time we defend. I think Herrera will be a good signing, he'll keep things ticking and hopefully we can sign Coentrao off Madrid for the full-back position. He can play RB and LB, and has a lot of energy, something our team is lacking.

Save a Vidal-type of signing for the summer.

• 2 Jan 2014 4:50 PM

man.utd17:
    vidal and mata break the bank. mata would love the opportunity to play in the starting xi and stay in england, only PSG are interested but they are interested in cabaye only. vidal would be a great addition he is a proper box-to-box CM and add the steel, creativity and goals from CM. mata is a LAM from the front 3 behind the main ST. valencia/nani and mata/young (zaha and adnan learning their trade/giggsy ageing)
    Chelsea wont sell Mata to a rival so let's not waste our time
  • 2 Jan 2014 4:43 PM

• 2 Jan 2014 4:33 PM

• 2 Jan 2014 4:21 PM

mata and vidal

vidal and mata break the bank. mata would love the opportunity to play in the starting xi and stay in england, only PSG are interested but they are interested in cabaye only. vidal would be a great addition he is a proper box-to-box CM and add the steel, creativity and goals from CM. mata is a LAM from the front 3 behind the main ST. valencia/nani and mata/young (zaha and adnan learning their trade/giggsy ageing)
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)