The views expressed on this noticeboard are expressed by the fans themselves and do not necessarily reflect the views of Manchester United or any of its representatives. The viewing and posting of messages on this noticeboard is subject to the Forum Terms, which can be viewed here.
Faq
Contact Us
Sort Posts:
Previous Next
  • 5 Jan 2014 9:52 PM

Re: Moyes Out

Man UTD need a manager with experience to look up to, like a father figure, the gaffer. The problem at old Trafford is the higher quality players have more experience than their manager and silverware, to which Moyes has none. Hence the reason they are playing under par. Moyes is a good manager for mid level clubs but not good enough to manage a more experienced outfit aka Man UTD. The players need a more experienced manager to look up to, one that's been there before, has won trophies and knows how to win more...not a manager who has tried to win trophies but failed! I feel the players are playing under par due to the low par manager not having any silverware and European experience. I'm a graphics and web designer and been doing it for 22yrs. My boss, gaffer has been doing it 40+years but without his help from his experience over the years I would not be where I am Today. He gets results time and time again and so I look up to him and have so much respect for him. There is no way I would be able to give my 100% and take orders from a new employee coming in with no experience or results to show. This is the case with Man UTD. Yes Moyes is a good manager but he came into the club with no silverware or champions league experience. Man UTD is a huge club and I personally feel that they need a more experienced manager who has won trophies, someone the players can look up to. This is just my personal opinion.
  • 5 Jan 2014 9:51 PM
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 14 Nov 2008
    • Posts 1

Content to be approved by the moderator

Content to be approved by the moderator
  • 5 Jan 2014 9:00 PM

Moyes is out of his depth when you you look at what Martinez has done already with Moyes's old team he failed Everton too the reason we failed to sign top players in the summer is because he can't attract the top players.And thats why we will fail to sign top players again.i believe the players we have got are good enough to challenge,they don't just become bad players in three months.the only thing that has changed since last year is the management and it clearly isn't up to the task at hand.i agree the that longevity on the management side of things is essential to the club for future success.but i also think that the baton should of been taken up buy someone hungry for the challenge.When sir Alex took over he was still young hadn't been around the block as a manager and returned with nothing. He had just done remarkable things which they still talk about today with Aberdeen. Moyes has been at a top flight football club as a manager for 11 years as a manager and done nothing not the credentials needed for the job as new boss of the best club in europe.What Laudrup has done done at Swansea in such short space of time shows what what a manager he's going to be in a few years time and also our very own OLE G now Cardiff's new boss.i see dark times ahead for us at the moment for me one of those two should of been given the job yet they weren't even in the hat. But don't count us out yet our players are good enough apart from Fellaine I've played with better than him.they just need the belief back in them.
  • 5 Jan 2014 8:36 PM

Hi everyone, I am a regular reader on this website and after every win loose or draw I come on here to see what other people think of the performance. After today's result I cannot keep it in any longer! David Moyes needs to be sacked tonight. It's not just one bad result, it is happening too much now. I don't know what is happening behind the scenes but something is clearly not right. As other people have rightly stated, waiting to the summer to sign any new players is goin to be too late, by that time we definatly would have finished outside the top 4. At the start of the season I said to all my friends that David Moyes needed time to settle and that things would soon gel together..... I hate to say it but I was wrong! I cannot see Manchester United playing good football under DM. He really is out of his depth. Pleased react NOW to his failure before he completely destroys us.
  • 5 Jan 2014 8:33 PM

Who could have done a better job than Moyes? Jose and Pep would still have the same players and no money given (Fellaini was only done to prove that they could buy someone). Moyes has done very good things: 1. Managing to get Wayne Rooney to stay and play his best (and I'm sure he'll sign a new contract in the summer) 2. Gradually changed the team, giving every player on the squad a chance (even Anderson, Nani and Young) whilst bringing in Januzaj 3. Despite some bad performances (defesively especially) he has shown some sense by continuing to play Evans to help him improve. YES OUR PERFORMANCES ARE TERRIBLE, but IT IS NOT MOYE'S FAULT. Poor squad, poor financial directors and injuries are the cause. I blame 2 people: Edward and Sir Alew Fergusson (for leaving a bad squad) Who else could have done a better job? Ole with no experience in the Premier League yet who'll probably get sacked by Cardiff? JURGEN KLOPP TOOK A FEW YEARS TO MAKE DORTMUND WHAT THEY ARE He'd be the exact same, play the same football (due to same players) and probably couldn't have kept Rooney. Today's bad result was cause by the players playing poorly, Fabio making a stupid tackle (WHICH EXPLAINS WHY MOYES DOESN'T PLAY HIM!) and having a very weak squad. In 3 years time we'll be winning the Champion's League. MOYES IS JUST THE FACE, BLAME THE GUYS WHO RUN THE CLUB, NOT THE GUY WHO PICKS THE TEAM
  • 5 Jan 2014 8:22 PM

rylands:
    I have written before in detail of the mistakes he has made and continues to make. He is a good manager but not a WINNING manager. the repurcussions of finishing out of the top 4 are huge. The inevitable loss of revenue, the loss of our better players (Rooney RvP), the inability to attract top players will contribute to a further decline. EVENTUALLY MOYES WILL BE SACKED. It is just a question of when.
    I agree with your conclusion but not that he is a good manager. He has done nothing to show anybody here that he knows how to manage a big club with players with big egos. And if he thinks the team played well today he is barking.
  • 5 Jan 2014 8:17 PM

jpg-forever a red:
    I'm not saying that we must keep Moyes, but who do we replace him with, mid-season?

I think Moyes needs to bring in big players in January, somehow. For me, Coentrao and Rakitic are musts as they seem easy to sign. If we do get some players in, and we start performing, great, Moyes can stay. However, if we don't do anything, or the signings that Moyes makes don't work, then I think we can see he isn't the man for us.

But again, I cannot think of who we could get in as our new manager, and I think that's why SAF opted for Moyes - because Moyes has shown commitment to a team. Say, in the Summer, Pep Guardiola says he is tired of Bayern and wants a go at United, people will scream for him and the chances are, he'd get the job. However, as he's shown no commitment, we could expect him to leave in a few seasons, and have the same dilemma all over again.

We're in a bad positon. The biggest hope is that Moyes can bring in big signings and turn things around.

jurgen klopp we would be able to get right now, having lost lewandowski to bayern and with bayern set to win bundesliga this season. jurgen klopp has out grown dortmund and if united wanted him they would get him in january thats a fact.

he would be able to get the best out of the players here like sir alex did last season, we would see kagawa back to his best under him and most likley reus at united aswell in the summer. rooney and van persie will enjoy playing under him. we would have a type of football worth watching.
  • 5 Jan 2014 8:15 PM

clearly he cant manage a big club, doesnt have the ego to manage big players. there are constant rumours of his over-training of the players making then constantly fatigued and picking up numerous injuries, http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2014/01/05/4521745/the-insider-moyess-fitness-management-under-renewed-scrutiny?ICID=CP_97
  • 5 Jan 2014 8:14 PM

Originally, I could see the logic of having Moyes as manager. He did wonders at Everton on a limited budget. And way the way Utd.s finances are at the minute, I could see why the Glazers rubber stamped Fergies' missed placed patriotism. The fact is Moyes is lost. You can see it in his eyes. He looks like rabbit caught in headlights, desperately staring out looking for someone to make a miracle and save them from premiership oblivion. But the teams spirit has gone. The players are looking at their manager for leadership, but know they know it's now a case a of dead man walking - 'who is this little leaguer to boss us around?' .RVP and Rooney and some of the higher profile players now have the perfect excuse to leave. So for the sake of what's left of this season, he should do the decent thing, admit he isn't the 'Chosen One'.
  • 5 Jan 2014 8:13 PM

Also didnt want him, what worried me most was the lack of Champions league experience- Yes we have reached the knock out stages but wait til we meet Madrid/ Bayern/ Barca if we even get that far- if we play like we are atm.... I will credit him for getting Januzaj involved and signed (but then is this only for him to go to somewhere like Citeh/ Madrid in the summer when we need the money as we are in the Europa cup if that?) Rooney is playing well I will also give him that- but i wonder if it was agreed he stay for one more season then can go? Is he playing well to attract new clubs. I dont see him staying past this summer tbh I dont see him going for a while yet though.
  • 5 Jan 2014 8:13 PM

thomas21:
    Somebody has to answer for this...........Embarrassing for fans, and then he comes out and says he will not spend this window.......

he has come out twice after the defeat to spurs and swansea saying we played well, thats says it all really. he must go if this happened at liverpool, city, arsenal, chelsea he would have got sacked had those clubs been in the same situation united was in.
  • 5 Jan 2014 8:10 PM

antismith:
    FFS, enough is enough, yet another record for Moyes to f.u.c.k up. Ferguson needs to get his face on MUTV and explain just why Moyes was given this job. There are players not good enough which we all know but our home form is beyond embarrassing.
    It`s jobs for the boys mate. You won`t get Fergie on MUTV. The gravy train is too good to resist.
  • 5 Jan 2014 8:08 PM

Totally agree. had his chance. mucked it. There is no way this can go on for 6 years
  • 5 Jan 2014 8:08 PM

Now u guys are noticing Utd is going nowhere with Moyes. He is a defensive coach and simply can't set up a team to go for a win when the opposition rely on counter attacking play. He's just not good. His training is also getting multiple players injured. I've currently stop watching united games (esp when they playing at home) since the outcome will always remain the same. The same way we bench players if they are underperforming, we need to sack him since his tactics is not working.
  • 5 Jan 2014 7:58 PM

I have written before in detail of the mistakes he has made and continues to make. He is a good manager but not a WINNING manager. the repurcussions of finishing out of the top 4 are huge. The inevitable loss of revenue, the loss of our better players (Rooney RvP), the inability to attract top players will contribute to a further decline. EVENTUALLY MOYES WILL BE SACKED. It is just a question of when.
Page 1 of 3 (37 items) 1 2 3 Next >