The views expressed on this noticeboard are expressed by the fans themselves and do not necessarily reflect the views of Manchester United or any of its representatives. The viewing and posting of messages on this noticeboard is subject to the Forum Terms, which can be viewed here.
Faq
Contact Us
Sort Posts:
Previous Next
  • 10 Jan 2009 7:00 PM

Re: Wanted: Your 2009 predictions

1. United are the only English club who can still win the quadruple - but how many trophies will the Reds win?

- I think we will win the premier league, champions league and carling cup

2. Which United players will have a blinder in the second half of the season?

- Rooney and Berbatov

3 Will - or should - United buy anyone in the transfer window?

- We signed the Serbs, I don't think we need anyone.

4. Will any young players be established first-team regulars by May - if so, who?

- It has to be Rafael and Anderson if he is called a 'young player'

5. Who will be United's player of the season?

- Rooney or Ronaldo

6. Who will be United's top scorer?

- Ronaldo between 25-30 goals

7. How will the home games go against Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal and Man City?

- We'll beat Chealsea 2-0, Liverpool 3-0, Arsenal 4-1 and Man City 3-1

• 7 Jan 2009 10:49 PM

1) Carling Cup easily - even after tonights loss, Fa Cup - if we get some simple home draws then yes

Premiership - Yeh, coz we got all the big teams at home this half of season, Champs League - If we can beat Inter, we can beat anyone

2) Berbatov and Rooney

3) No (maybe Tevez)

4) Rafael definitly, Garys getting older and rafael looks better than brown at the moment

5) Rooney

6) Rooney

7) ManU 2 - 1 Chelsea

ManU 1 - 0 Liverpool

ManU 2 - 0 City

ManU 2 - 1 Arsenal

• 6 Jan 2009 3:23 PM

1. United are the only English club who can still win the quadruple - but how many trophies will the Reds win?

I THINK MAN UNITED WILL WIN THE CARLING CUP FOR SURE THE PREMIER LEAGUE AND EITHER THE FA CUP OR THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE. I THINK BARCELONA ARE FAVOURITES TO WIN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE BECAUSE THEY ARE PLAYING SOME GOOD FOOTBALL LATELY BUT I'D SAY WE ARE STILL GOING TO GO CLOSE ATLEAST.

I THINK BERBATOV.

3. Will - or should - United buy anyone in the transfer window?

WE'VE GOT TOSIC SO I DONT THINK WE NEED ANYMORE.

4. Will any young players be established first-team regulars by May - if so, who?

WELBECK RAPHAEL HAS MADE IT ALREADY SO I THINK FABIO MAY COME INTO THE FRAY.

5. Who will be United's player of the season

ROONEY OR BERBATOV IF HE STARTS SCORING

RONALDO OR ROONEY

CHELSEA 2-0

LIVERPOOL 3-0

ARSENAL 1-0 (MAYBE 1-1)

MAN CITY 2-1

8. What other predictions do you have for our rivals or anyone else in the crazy world of football?

I THINK ARSENAL WON'T FINISH IN THE TOP FOUR WITH THE RUN OF ASTON VILLA.

• 6 Jan 2009 8:47 AM

1.We can win the Carling Cup, Barclays, UEFA and the FA cup comfortable

2.In the second half I think that Welback and Ronaldo will shine with some brilliant moves in the box and Tevez will be as usual, very good

3.We should sell and scout, no buyings because that will put us in deep debt and might have to sell star players like Rooney, Ronaldo and Berbatov

4.Anderson, Nani and Welback I think will be regular First-Team players

5.I think Ronaldo will be a contender, 'again', but Rooney and Berbatov will challenge Ronaldo to be the United player of the 08/09 season

6.Either Ronaldo or Rooney is the United's top scorer of the 08/09 season

7.Man United 2-1 Chelsea, Man United 2-0 Liverpool, Man United 3-0 Man City, Man United 4-1 Arsenal

8.I think the rival players will tire and injury will be flying around so they will fall  

• 6 Jan 2009 5:51 AM

1. United are the only English club who can still win the quadruple - but how many trophies will the Reds win? 3 trophies - FA Cup ,Carling Cup ,BPL. We haven't won the FA Cup in a while now so i got a feeling that this is going to be our year.As for the Carling Cup, I think we'll going to easily beat derby in the semis and either burnley or spurs in the final. We're a class above them.As for the league, Liverpool are going to slip up pretty soon so i guess its going to be a two horse race between us and the blues. However, they look kind of sluggish and shaky this season. Perhaps its gonna be a one horse race as we usually find our great form and play our entertaining free flowing football come January.If we win our games in hand, there shouldn't be a problem in claiming a hat-trick of titles. Maybe we can even win the league with a few more games to go that is if we win the games we should win. 2. Which United players will have a blinder in the second half of the season? Cristiano Ronaldo and Dmitar Berbatov. Berba will eventually get used to the way the team play and show the fans why SAF and Spurs fans adore him so much whereas for Ronaldo,he's gonna get back to his best after being given a break by SAF. Its amazing how ronny has already scored 8 goals in the league despite being rushed back from injury and not getting pre -season training.It looked liked he was never away at all.( I really respect this guy for performing so well week in week out despite getting so harsh treatments from opposing fans. He's a Man United legend for sure). 3. Will - or should - United buy anyone in the transfer window? Nah, there isn't any need to buy anymore players with the current squad we have. Its such a strong squad-probably the best in the world now. We'll be able to compete on all four fronts without much problems with the squad SAF has resembled. The signing of Tosic will definitely make help the squad even more with his set piece abilities and furthermore,he's left footed. 4. Will any young players be established first-team regulars by May - if so, who? Definitely Rafael.(He is going to be better than Dani Alves I tell you)That kid is awesome. Hopefully Welbeck (he reminds me of Thierry Henry with his pace and the way he runs with the ball) and Manucho (another Drogba perhaps )too. 5. Who will be United's player of the season? Edwin Van Der Sar- Such a good and talented professional despite his age .Still making remarkable and spectacular saves game after game. He's one of my favourite players. There's always nothing to worry about when there's high ball delivered to the box cause we can be damn sure that he's gonna collect it with ease.Just look at how easily he dealt with the long throw ins against stoke,just pure class. Another masterstroke by SAF for not dropping him despite not such a good start to the season. You wouldn't even guess he's 39 by the way he's performing if no one told you his age. 6. Who will be United's top scorer? Viva Ronaldo ! After the well deserved break given by Sir Alex Ferguson, opposing teams better beware because he's gonna destroy them single handedly like he did last season. 7. How will the home games go against Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal and Man City? We'll definitely thrash Man City for sure.I think we'll be able to beat Arsenal at home because we always do for the past few seasons. Chelsea and Liverpool are going to be tough games but i think we'll eventually come out on top. Minimum 9 points! 8. What other predictions do you have for our rivals or anyone else in the crazy world of football? The other Big 3 teams will end up trophyless because we're gonna win all of them. As for Real Madrid, they're going to win nothing this season. Haha..
  • 6 Jan 2009 2:54 AM

I think EPL and Carling Cup

Rooney, Ronaldo, Anderson, Nani, Tevez and Carrick

Other then the two Serbian younsters, No

Rafael to play a lot of games, true talent. I'd hope to see more of Anderson and Nani in 2009.

Carrick

Ronaldo

We will draw against Chelsea 

We will defeat Liverpool

We win against Arsenal and win against City.

8. What other predictions do you have for our rivals or anyone else in the crazy world of football?

Villa, Tottenham and Blackburn to do well and hopefully take some points of Liverpool and Chelsea.

I Love Manchester United
  • 6 Jan 2009 1:35 AM

I think they will win premiership, ucl and carling cup

I hope scholes and ronaldo...... my head is with carrick and vidic though

signed the young serbs and don't think we need too much but if we were after a winger (which im sure we are not unless ronnie left us, god forbid) then ashley young is exceptional...........

would like to see cover for evra and also cover at centre back incase we have any injuries come in.........

Rafael should be a regular now. Others who could impress are Nani and Anderson but are up and down at the moment.

Ronaldo

Ronaldo

draw and 3 wins

fabregas and wenger to real madrid next year

• 5 Jan 2009 1:02 PM

1. I believe United will win the Premiership and the Carling Cup

2. Berbatov and Rooney

3. Apart from the purchace of Tosic which has been completed, I do not believe we should bring in anybody else

4. Raphael de Silva

5. Wayne Rooney

6. Ronaldo

7. Chelsea- Draw but we will win the others

8. Prefer to stick to football.

Happy new year everybody.

• 3 Jan 2009 5:01 PM

I hope we win as much as possible-which means to win everything..but it'll be very hard to achieve it.I'll be very happy if we win both  the Premierleague and the Champions League,but honestly prefer the second one.

I hope Berbatov shows what he really can,and of caurse score more goals,but it depends on the role SAF gives him.Also I hope Ronaldo,Rooney,Anderson.Fletcher,Tevez will have a blinder,too.

I think the manager knows best,do we really need new player,also the two serbians are quality for us,so probably the team is good enough.

I really like Welbeck and i do hope he'll be involved in the first team frequently.

I can't really say until the end of the year,I think it's not fair to judge now.

Provided the current situation i'd say Ronaldo,but I hope many goals also from Berbatov,Rooney and Tevez.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for us to win all of them.I think we won't have problems to win against Man city,but predict 2 wins and 1 drow in the other three matches.

I just hope we win as many trophies as possible,cause we deserve it,I hope that we haven't seen the best part of the careers of our players.

• 2 Jan 2009 3:37 PM

COME ON EVERYONE!! This POST should have hit 100 threads by now. KEEP THREADING!!!!Upgrade your email with 1000's of emoticon iconsUpgrade your email with 1000's of emoticon icons

• 31 Dec 2008 10:51 AM

1. united can win all trophies available. we only need to be in our top form.

Carling cup once we are through with derby we can win this cup even if our opponent would be tottenham

PL. our chances are really great if we win our matches against our title rivals we are really into it and maybe we could be on top before we face liverpool.

CL - other big clubs have really improve and barca at the moment is the team to beat. if we thrash inter milan we can send really a great warning to the other clubs that our form is back.

FA Cup - we have won it 5 years ago so this year would be special for the FA cup campaign and hope we'll all go thru.

2. rooney and ronaldo.  These players will prove that they are the best.  They will score around 20 - 25 goals each.

3. we don't need any new signings at the moment. if there are bright youngsters that SAF wishes to have, it could really happen. the most probable signing is tosic. once the wage problem is resolve he can be a united player this january.

4. evans, possebon, wellback. we could see more often them on the pitch next season.

5. vidic - solid in defense and hope he could be on the world's best XI. he really deserves it even last year i think he played consistently well.

6. ronaldo and rooney

7. win all of these matches and we could have a good margin before the end of the season.

8. United to win all. 2nd would be chelsea 3rd liverpool 4th arsenal 5th aston villa

man city - if there signings would be flop they could really be relegated.

• 30 Dec 2008 7:30 PM

I think Premier League and League Cup

Rooney, Ronaldo, Anderson, Nani, Tevez Berba and Carrick

We won't and we shouldn't

No regulars, but I expect Rafael to play 50% and maybe Fabio also. I'd hope to see more of Anderson and Nani and maybe sometimes Wellbeck and Possebon

I hope Carrick or Ronaldo

Ronaldo and Rooney, both 20 goals :p

We defeat chelsea in a boring 1-0 game

We crush liverpool 4-1 after being behind

We win against arsenal with a late goal by Carrick 2-1 and we dominate city to win easily 2-0

Villa will take points away from our Rivals, may be important.

Liverpool will fall if gerrard gets suspended, Drogba and Anelka will start arguing about who's the best player (They both ***) and Wenger will try to say his squad is strong enough to deal with Fabregas' injury, which is of course not true.

• 30 Dec 2008 6:52 PM

All I hope is we start to play better, with a faster tempo going forward!!!!!!!!

Also the forwards start scoring and hitting the target more often!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John Boyd

Coleraine

Northern Ireland

PS: We can't be greedy after last year, either the League or Champions League. Last resort an F.A. Cup?

• 28 Dec 2008 9:33 AM

i predict another treble'Yes

• 26 Dec 2008 3:12 PM

We've come to an end of 2008 on a high; Club Champions, EPL champs, and European Champs. EPL's a toughie this time; Chelsea's on this title with grit determination. Liverpool's not going to be a wussy on this either. Strong opposition on both tournaments. We have to focus on improving form, consistency, and co-ordination between players. 

Rooney should ideally be stepping forward and taking a more central role in creating play on the field, whilst Ronaldo, sadly, I must say needs to focus more on playing. Berbatov have so far yet to show his star power on the field; he's not upto mark. On the whole, the squad needs to pump a bit more of team spirit and forget own agendas if we are to really clinch some glory in 2009.

This Jan, what we really need is not new players on the team but rather a more united team that can make a difference than the half-hearted play I saw today against Stoke City. We have formidable opposition and time constraints. 

Page 1 of 7 (91 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last ยป