The views expressed on this noticeboard are expressed by the fans themselves and do not necessarily reflect the views of Manchester United or any of its representatives. The viewing and posting of messages on this noticeboard is subject to the Forum Terms, which can be viewed here.
Faq
Contact Us
Sort Posts:
Previous Next
  • 24 Apr 2017 2:43 PM

Re: Intresting laying down of the Gauntlett from Jose

wazzathered:
    Solution .... leave Smalling and Jones to recover (I don't believe in players coming back from injury too soon, If they have to go off during the comeback game its not good). At the moment we have Bailly and Blind which is ok, Carrick can also play there maybe against Swansea to rest Bailly or bring in Tuanzebe or Fonsu Mensa (I hardly think Swansea will do much attacking anyway). Maybe Smalling or Jones will be back in a couple of weeks for the last games or Europa Final (if we get there).

SELL and I mean SELL Jones in the summer .... absolutely sick of talking about this guy being injured all the time. Buy another cb in the summer to pair with Bailly and have Rojo and Smalling as cover and give Tuanzebe and Fonsu Mensa more game time.

I have to agree about jones. Its a shame, but it is what it is. He could have been one of the greats if he wasnt made of the same material pint glasses are made of that shatter at the slightest nudge. Every team needs to able to depend on all of its players. We cant depend on him to stay fit, and if your going to be a team that wants to challenge for everything that means have a squad that can handle the tough schedule that comes with it.

As for your other point, look at bale last night. Brought back too early and one of his calfs goes again. So yeah, leave them both to recover same goes for mata who appears to be rushing back. Theres no point rushing back just to aggravate the injury again and keep yourself out longer.

#notmyunitedmanager
  • 24 Apr 2017 12:31 PM

Solution .... leave Smalling and Jones to recover (I don't believe in players coming back from injury too soon, If they have to go off during the comeback game its not good). At the moment we have Bailly and Blind which is ok, Carrick can also play there maybe against Swansea to rest Bailly or bring in Tuanzebe or Fonsu Mensa (I hardly think Swansea will do much attacking anyway). Maybe Smalling or Jones will be back in a couple of weeks for the last games or Europa Final (if we get there).

SELL and I mean SELL Jones in the summer .... absolutely sick of talking about this guy being injured all the time. Buy another cb in the summer to pair with Bailly and have Rojo and Smalling as cover and give Tuanzebe and Fonsu Mensa more game time.

• 24 Apr 2017 12:26 PM

thomas21:
    I Believe:
    thomas21:
    Both Beckham and Rooney came back before their time, after a broken metatarsal.....

With the injuries we have the Physios must work harder, to try and get Jones and Smalling back earlier..

It is a matter of urgency, and the interest of the Club, in whether we play in the Champions League, next season....

Many players have played through the pain barrier, and many are still playing through it.....

Yes, you have to assume that 'going public', like he has done, then Jose must have some doubts?

Whether that's because the physio's tell him something different to what the players are saying, or maybe he knows these players have cried 'wolf' before, or being very 'hard nosed' and cynical about it, maybe these two players are to be jettisoned come the end of the season and if he can get them out on the pitch to help, he's not really bothered about what happens afterwards?

Wouldn't like to think in this day and age players are still treated like 'pieces of meat', but there are lots of old players wandering around, semi-invalided in their later lives, because of 'sacrifices' they were called upon to 'make a game' in the past, so it wouldn't be the first time would it?

Yes, you are right.....There is Amateur players in the same boat, who are wandering around in pain...

But these players are paid huge money by their club, and if there is ANY chance of coming back a week earlier, now is that time.....

Both are due back the 14th may anyway,, I am sure they could push it,to come back a little earlier, for their club, who are in dire straits now...

I find this idea of how they can push healing to improve. Healing takes time. Smalling is currently doing stabilisation in a pool. So maybe he is healed but now it's about building stabilisation around the knee.

Often when you hear these stories of guys coming back earlynthey are healed just not gone through fitness training or tested the injury. So maybe Smalling can play but then we have Tuanzebe and Fosu so if Jose really is the giving youth a shot kind of guy then here is his shot he has two good up and coming players, play them instead of trying to risk the future of other more experienced players.

If you want to see the truth, then have no opinions.
  • 24 Apr 2017 12:19 PM

I Believe:
    thomas21:
    Both Beckham and Rooney came back before their time, after a broken metatarsal.....

With the injuries we have the Physios must work harder, to try and get Jones and Smalling back earlier..

It is a matter of urgency, and the interest of the Club, in whether we play in the Champions League, next season....

Many players have played through the pain barrier, and many are still playing through it.....

Yes, you have to assume that 'going public', like he has done, then Jose must have some doubts?

Whether that's because the physio's tell him something different to what the players are saying, or maybe he knows these players have cried 'wolf' before, or being very 'hard nosed' and cynical about it, maybe these two players are to be jettisoned come the end of the season and if he can get them out on the pitch to help, he's not really bothered about what happens afterwards?

Wouldn't like to think in this day and age players are still treated like 'pieces of meat', but there are lots of old players wandering around, semi-invalided in their later lives, because of 'sacrifices' they were called upon to 'make a game' in the past, so it wouldn't be the first time would it?

Yes, you are right.....There is Amateur players in the same boat, who are wandering around in pain...

But these players are paid huge money by their club, and if there is ANY chance of coming back a week earlier, now is that time.....

Both are due back the 14th may anyway,, I am sure they could push it,to come back a little earlier, for their club, who are in dire straits now...

• 24 Apr 2017 10:34 AM

thomas21:

• 24 Apr 2017 9:22 AM

• 23 Apr 2017 8:26 PM

This guy is a clown, what does he know about playing sports. There is a difference between aches and recovering from a muscle tear. LMAO!!!!
  • 23 Apr 2017 7:20 PM

fernando426:
    tim-scoreboard:
    Listening to Jose the other night... he said he isn't expecting miracles and if they are injured, then they are injured, but he does expect them to push themselves to get ready to play as soon as. I think meaning, playing through some pain and not waiting to be 100% before risking themselves. He's asking them to push themselves because the team needs them; the only thing I don't like about it... is that Jose feels he has to ask them and that it doesn't come naturally to them. He then went on to talk about a special mentality needed; intimating that some don't have it..
    Thing is tho Smalling played last season getting injections so he could play. I know with some things you can play through it but if it's like a foot injury, Achilles or something like that it'll be a nightmare and if that is the case then I'd rather risk the inexperience of Fosu and Tuanzebe than jones or Smalling trying to do something they aren't ready for and an outcome of that being they give away a goal or something.

I saw a video that Smalling has stepped up his recovery in a pool. So if he has just started that I'd say he is a good bit away from being match ready.

I guess it all comes down to the severity of the injury and where it is.

I've got shoddy Achilles now and I know when I over do it they flare up and it's agony trying to walk never mind run.

As he said... he's not looking for miracles and injured is injured, but if they can get out there and contribute, then they have to. But if it goes t.i.ts up, then Jose has to accept his part in it; if you push too hard, then player will break; it's that balance of risk and reward.
  • 23 Apr 2017 7:05 PM

tim-scoreboard:
    Listening to Jose the other night... he said he isn't expecting miracles and if they are injured, then they are injured, but he does expect them to push themselves to get ready to play as soon as. I think meaning, playing through some pain and not waiting to be 100% before risking themselves. He's asking them to push themselves because the team needs them; the only thing I don't like about it... is that Jose feels he has to ask them and that it doesn't come naturally to them. He then went on to talk about a special mentality needed; intimating that some don't have it..
    Thing is tho Smalling played last season getting injections so he could play. I know with some things you can play through it but if it's like a foot injury, Achilles or something like that it'll be a nightmare and if that is the case then I'd rather risk the inexperience of Fosu and Tuanzebe than jones or Smalling trying to do something they aren't ready for and an outcome of that being they give away a goal or something.

I saw a video that Smalling has stepped up his recovery in a pool. So if he has just started that I'd say he is a good bit away from being match ready.

I guess it all comes down to the severity of the injury and where it is.

I've got shoddy Achilles now and I know when I over do it they flare up and it's agony trying to walk never mind run.

If you want to see the truth, then have no opinions.
  • 23 Apr 2017 6:50 PM

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)