The views expressed on this noticeboard are expressed by the fans themselves and do not necessarily reflect the views of Manchester United or any of its representatives. The viewing and posting of messages on this noticeboard is subject to the Forum Terms, which can be viewed here.
Faq
Contact Us
Sort Posts:
Previous Next
  • 17 Apr 2009 8:06 AM

Re: palacios

he went to totenham

• 2 Mar 2009 5:34 AM

I agreed with some of you that we really don't need Wilson Palacios in our Team for next season. Michael Carrick, Anderson, Fletcher & Paul Scholes has did the job greatly in the Middle. Furthermore, we have youngster like Darron Gibson or Rodrigo Possebon to slot in for the space left.

So we should go for Keeper instead of Central Midfielder.

• 22 Jan 2009 12:46 AM

,,I dnt think we need him buying him wud jst result 2 midfield conjestn leading 2 unrest in d dressing room due 2 lack of playing tym 4 sum players.so i suggest we stick 2 d curent crop of midfielders we have .manutd 4 eva.,Nt only thumbs up bt al ma finge

,,I dnt think we need him buying him wud jst result 2 midfield conjestn leading 2 unrest in d dressing room due 2 lack of playing tym 4 sum players.so i suggest we stick 2 d curent crop of midfielders we have .manutd 4 eva.,Nt only thumbs up bt al ma fingers up 4 utd on top of d table, Post
  • 17 Jan 2009 6:05 PM

Does anyone think there is any truth in the stuff being reported that we matched tottenhams bid for palacios last night,has fergie said anything or is it just more paper bs

• 17 Jan 2009 2:04 PM

there is seriously no need for central midfielders as we have too many fletcher,carrick,anderson,scholes,giggs and gibson and possebon as prospects, and dont forget we have adem ljajic to come next year, and about palacios he is very good but we dont want to buy players who are'nt world class by the age of 24 and he certainly is'nt that

• 17 Jan 2009 1:55 PM

Actually,what Man Utd need is a striker,not a midfielder because we already have a lot of midfielders now. So, i will not happy if Man Utd still want to sign him because i want the best for Man Utd.

• 17 Jan 2009 6:32 AM

He is superb yesterday night.

We should try him. 

• 17 Jan 2009 6:24 AM

Come on guys. how can you all even compare them. Ando is still only 21/22 and he's a good 3yrs or so younger than palacios. I would still think Ando is way better, plus he has a lot more potential than Palacios. Dont misunderstand that i think Palacios is a bad player. He is real quality as well, but i just think that at this time since we have enough players in that area, and in 1 or 2 seasons more, Ando would be one of the best midfielder's you can find. Dont forget how he totally took care of Gerrard and Fabregas, considered to be 2 of the best central midfielders around, along with Lampard. so i still think we could do without Palacios now, and Ando is surely a lot more special Smile

• 17 Jan 2009 4:11 AM

freehahafos:

liam shannon:

Palacio's is a quality player he has as much potential as anderson.

I agree except I would actually argue that Palacios is a better player than Anderson at this stage. Don't be fooled by the fact that he plays for Wigan, he is a much better player than his team suggests. If it wasn't for Palacios and Valencia, Wigan would be lost. 

Anyway, I think Palacios would be a suitable addition to the squad. People are talking about how we have all these midfielders and we don't need additions... Scholes and Giggs are very close to the end, and Hargreaves... we cannot really be sure at this stage. 

i would not agree seeing as anderson is 4 years younger.at this time yeh i think there about even. but i think anderson will clearly have made hes mark by 22 let alone 24.if SAF gives him the chance.palacios is siko with world class talent. but i think andersons definately better n will be better. this guy is tipped 2 be one of the best around by the age of 26. i hear people baggin nani when hes only 22 i think maybe younger cant remember.buy the time nanis 24 hell be way better than palacios.and for me is better than palacios.

people are saying two young international players r not united quality at the age of 19 n 21. but want a player 4 years older less potential .what well people be sayin if he gets left out a few times n confidence begins to drop?

but i still would like him to come

• 17 Jan 2009 4:08 AM

I just read somewheres that ManU did put up a last-minute bid for Palacios and will know over the weekend if successful. As i understand it, the bid amount is the same as Tottenham's, so the difference may be in the amount of cash wigan gets immediately and the balance paid over a certain period, plus any extra benefits based on Palacios' performance, like getting goals. For Palacios, ManU is certainly the better option. IF ManU succeeds, then, it is also like getting back at Daniel Levy, Tottenham's president, for giving ManU a hard time over Berbatov, even Carrick.

• 17 Jan 2009 4:07 AM

byron evans:

manchester united were planing a summer move for palacios from wigan but with tottenham moving in it is possible SAF will make a 14million bid

what is your opinion of palacios.????

Palacios is the missing piece in Man Utd's midfield. Paired up with Anderson/Carrick/Scholes/Hargo(up on his return), we will be invisible.  Check out this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nh01yAbi3g

• 17 Jan 2009 3:31 AM

Everyone is assuming that Hargreaves will make a successful comeback from his ongoing injury problems. He is an exceptional player when he is fit and in form however he is much too injury prone and I am skeptical about his long term future with United.

Anyway, the conclusion that I am making is, Palacios would be an excellent buy. He is a top class player playing at an average club. I don't thinm Hargreaves would be a reason not to sign him.

• 16 Jan 2009 1:52 PM

WWM:

The transfer thread is for potential tranfers but when the manager and the board say, no more transfers, I usually believe them. I reiterate that we have plenty of cover and Hargreaves will come back too.

Firstly it's called the 'transfer speculation thread!

Secondly Hargreaves is not returning soon and it sounds as if you are assuming that if or most likely when he does that he will be able to play reguarly in a punishing EPL season and to the level that he was at before! '

Thirdly, both the manager and the board have denied bringing in making signings that they have gone on to make before! Circumstances change and if he Fergie had a serious interest to by palacios in the upcoming summer window his hand may be forced!

• 16 Jan 2009 4:07 AM

Bounty Hunta:

WWM:

We do not need Palacios. Have plenty of quality cover in that area already + SAF stated = No more signings in January so why speculate?

Speculation?...... Isn't that partly what this transfer thread is for?

Also we do need a player like Palacios imo especially with the CM transition coming. He is certainly good enough to be a starter!

The transfer thread is for potential tranfers but when the manager and the board say, no more transfers, I usually believe them. I reiterate that we have plenty of cover and Hargreaves will come back too.
    I Love Manchester United
  • 16 Jan 2009 2:54 AM

WWM:

We do not need Palacios. Have plenty of quality cover in that area already + SAF stated = No more signings in January so why speculate?

Speculation?...... Isn't that partly what this transfer thread is for?

Also we do need a player like Palacios imo especially with the CM transition coming. He is certainly good enough to be a starter!

Page 1 of 2 (24 items) 1 2 Next >