The views expressed on this noticeboard are expressed by the fans themselves and do not necessarily reflect the views of Manchester United or any of its representatives. The viewing and posting of messages on this noticeboard is subject to the Forum Terms, which can be viewed here.
Faq
Contact Us
Sort Posts:
Previous Next
  • 14 Jul 2008 6:43 AM

Re: Carlos Kameni

He has a clause on his contract, stating that he has to play in the African Cup Of Nations.
    viva john terry
  • 14 Jul 2008 4:01 AM

Some of you think that Foster will be good enough, I don't. I think he will be stabil and reliable but not spectacular making those really important saves. I think he is a keeper we can win the PL with but not the CL.

But hey, we allready have Foster in the team and I don't think Ferguson will let him go anywhere (except for maybe another loan). Van der Sar has said that this will be his last season (well, maybe he has another one in him but it's not that likely) so a third one is needed. Either from within or buying one.

If Foster is good enough, then bringing in another excellent keeper would just keeping him on his toes, forcing him to develop to stay our number 1, right? So nothing bad with that. And if he's not good enough then the other keeper should be our number one, right? It seems fair to me playing the best keeper and not playing a player because his english or anything like that.

So, if we get another keeper (I would like that we do, and even you Foster-fans should like it if you think the team is more important than a single player) then I would like a young prospect. Right now are there 5 keepers rated among the top 20 keepers in the world that are born 1984 or later:

9. Rene Adler, Bayer Leverkusen. Born 1985
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    11. Carlos Kameni, Espanyol.       Born 1984
    12. Manuel Neuer, Schalke 04.      Born 1986
    13. Hugo Lloris, Lyon.                    Born 1986
    14. Igor Akinfeev, CSKA Moskva      Born 1986

All of them should be possible to sign if we really want to (and obviously if they want to come).

Which keeper would you like IF we signed a new one? Probably all five will be among top 10 keepers in the world 4-5 years from now so I don't think that anyone of them is a bad buy. My personal favourite is Igor Akinfeev because of his reflexes and speed (this guy actually waits to see where penalties are going and still has the reflex and speed to get there, one hell of a stopper), consistent performance, winning attitude, awareness and same type of temperament that Schmeichel had when someone isn't doing his job 100% perfect.

• 14 Jul 2008 2:31 AM

JUST GIVE FOSTER CHANCE! HE HAS A LONG WAITING ON THE BENCH, I KNOW HE HAS A GREAT-GREAT POTENTIAL, VERY PATIENT AND LOYAL.

COME ON FERGIE...! HE NEED IT TO PROVE.

ARE U AGREE WITH ME GUYS?????????????????????????????????????

• 13 Apr 2008 7:42 PM

Ben Foster to be Englands no.1 and United's no.1 but Neuer would be the best buy. 

• 13 Apr 2008 6:53 AM

He may be an excellent keeper...but what's the use when you have an amazing one on the field, another on the subs bench and the-best-to-be in the reserves??? There's not enough place in a team for 4 keepers even though Van Der Sar will be retiring in a few years...

• 11 Apr 2008 8:23 PM
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11 Apr 2008
    • Posts 6

we just need right back as we have pique and silvester

• 11 Apr 2008 6:04 PM
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11 Apr 2008
    • Posts 31

Kameni is curently one of the best in the world and Man Utd should get him couse he will improve further. But with Vidic and Rio in defence we dont need a GK :) 

• 17 Mar 2008 8:05 PM

i made what myself??

Tongue Tied

• 17 Mar 2008 1:46 PM

Whisper [:-*] Re: Carlos Kameni

Stunaldo ? You made it urself ? Yea Right ROFL . Ok then , how do you make it then ? I heard Carrick is going to Newcastle Whisper

• 14 Mar 2008 3:48 PM

Man, i watched this guy play for cameroon at the africa cup of nations on the telly and was stunned. Guy has serious skill. Although I dont think there is any need for a keeper at this point with one of the worlds best Van Der Sar between the sticks and the highly promising Foster comin up. Kuskaszk.... umm anyway. But you always have a personal shortlist dont ya heres mine.

Kameni

Ochoa

Boruc (quite an experience watching this guy between the posts..trust)

• 14 Mar 2008 1:35 PM
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 1 Jan 2008
    • Posts 36

There's no doubt that Kameni is a good goalkeeper, but we have Van Der Sar for another two years, Kuszczak and Foster. Also, we have Zieler in the acadamy, who is highly rated for the future.

Besides, I would rather have United sign Ochoa if anyone.

• 11 Mar 2008 6:14 PM

I totally agree omg, he was definately amazing against porto, he actually was a one man show! If anyone in a influencial position in United reads this please beleive me, he is a massive young prospect check him out on www.youtube.co.uk

• 11 Mar 2008 8:20 AM
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12 Dec 2007
    • Posts 12

If we were going to buy a new keeper I'd much prefer Manuel Neuer or Igor Akinfeev myself, both are young and have enormous potential and are already first choice keepers at their respective clubs at 21 years old.
  • 11 Mar 2008 6:11 AM

Kameni is gud,but,wat abt manuel neuer or oscar ustari?they r young,very talentd n play in gr8 leagues!!
  • 8 Mar 2008 8:01 PM

We have Ben Foster and Van der Sar, why do we need another keeper?  And  Stornoway forever man!!!

Page 1 of 3 (34 items) 1 2 3 Next >