The views expressed on this noticeboard are expressed by the fans themselves and do not necessarily reflect the views of Manchester United or any of its representatives. The viewing and posting of messages on this noticeboard is subject to the Forum Terms, which can be viewed here.
Faq
Contact Us
Sort Posts:
Previous Next
  • 22 May 2009 12:47 AM

Re: Will United wear White for the final as the away team?

jctunited:

Matthew Sparks:

With Barca being the home team (due to UEFA draw) will United wear White because Barca's home kits are Blue and Red?

i don't see any problem with both teams wearing their home kits. they won't clash.

then ur blind.. surely our red home kit will definitely clash with Barcelona's Home shirt.. its obvious already that United will wear White, its even on our website, they are selling the white shirt that has ECL embroidery on the shirt.. so obvious now..

pinoyNUMEROunoUNITEDfan
  • 19 May 2009 5:07 PM

Matthew Sparks:

With Barca being the home team (due to UEFA draw) will United wear White because Barca's home kits are Blue and Red?

i don't see any problem with both teams wearing their home kits. they won't clash.

John Figo Nutmegger O Shea what a character
  • 18 May 2009 8:04 PM

actually we wore all white against the Scousers in the league earlier this season

• 18 May 2009 5:03 PM

Jae7:

Am I The only one who remembered what Pique said when he was leaving? I believed it and its gonna happen.

Read below: 

Gerard pique leaving Manchester United

Gerard Pique this week agreed to join former club Barcelona, but before he left he asked ManUtd.com to publish a letter of thanks to the club, staff and fans…

I didn’t want to say goodbye without thanking all the club personnel, including the football equipment manager, masseuses, secretaries, coaches, and especially my team mates, who have always treated me well and played a vital role in my development, both as a football player and more importantly, on a personal level.

Obviously I would have liked to play more this season, but I must say that despite some difficult decisions, the manager has always treated me in an exceptional manner, for which I am extremely grateful.

I am leaving with some very special memories: scoring a Champions League goal at Old Trafford, beating Arsenal in April on the way to winning the title and, most of all, the experience of being part of this fantastic group that won the Premier League and Champions League Double.

Finally, a special thanks to the fans for their warmth and support. I would like them to know that I will always carry United in my heart and I hope that they understand my decision to go back to my home club, FC Barcelona.

Thank you all and I hope to see you in the Champions League final next season.

thats actually slightly scary.

pique is a witch Indifferent

nemanja and dimitar and rafael and javier and tom
  • 18 May 2009 5:00 PM
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 2 Sep 2008
    • Posts 8

I can tell you 100% we will be wearing ALL white.

Outside Old Trafford and inside the Megastore (On sat 16th, was at the Arsenal game) - the banners read:

"IT WILL BE ALL WHITE ON THE NIGHT" - used as an advertisement to sell the away shirts. 

Cheer up John Terry

Cheer up John Terry

Thought he was going to Rome

Now he's staying at Home

To watch it on tele

• 18 May 2009 4:51 PM

i think that we will  wear our new away  white kit  which  will be worn for the 2009-10 season i seen it on  a leaked photo lets hopeConfused

• 8 May 2009 11:14 PM

Gavinio is right on the colour regulations and Barca being the home team in the final, and Barca official website announced this statement on their tickets sales updates:

"Home team

FC Barcelona can also state that for the final against Manchester United, Pep Guardiola's side will be seen as the home team and as a result will wear the familiar colours of blaugrana (their home kit) for the match."

Therefore, the option is to wear our white kit which registered as an away kit at UEFA administration. But what confuse me is that with the blue short (which is part of the kit; im not sure if UEFA have the authority to asks us to change the designated colour so that we should wear a white short; although i know we used to wear white or black shorts with our home kit; and i never seen us wearing a different shorts with our away or third kits)  the clash in colour still exists (Barca wearing blue shorts too), although not much visibly.

Another option as stated in the regulations, we as the teams concerned should submit the case details to the UEFA administration in writing in due time. Given that Barca agreed, we can wear our third blue kit to celebrate the 40-year anniversary while Barca with their away yellow kit. Maybe our management already on talk with UEFA regarding this, that's why we yet to hear any official announcements.

Let us wait and see, but most probably i think we'll end up with the white kit.

• 7 May 2009 10:09 PM

Hmmm yeah, I was thinking that too!!!! Huh?
  • 7 May 2009 7:05 PM

Has anyone actually got an official verdict will it Blue or White? We can all guess but I think it will be blue as that is the colour for sale in the "Road to Rome" section in the mega store.

• 7 May 2009 5:14 PM

Well, we've won it in blue, we've won it in red - might as well have a go in white!

(We won the Cup Winners' Cup in Rotterdam in white, if I remember rightly.)

• 7 May 2009 5:08 PM

Jae7:

barca being the home team will weat their blue and red...and i think we canwear our homejersey...( red & white) it shouldn't clash unless the ref is blind.

There's no way we wil be able to wear red as well, there is too much of a clash and I think that will rule out the blue kit as well.

• 7 May 2009 4:19 PM
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 15 Jan 2008
    • Posts 26

barca being the home team will weat their blue and red...and i think we canwear our homejersey...( red & white) it shouldn't clash unless the ref is blind.

• 7 May 2009 4:16 PM
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 15 Jan 2008
    • Posts 26

Am I The only one who remembered what Pique said when he was leaving? I believed it and its gonna happen.

Read below: 

Gerard pique leaving Manchester United

Gerard Pique this week agreed to join former club Barcelona, but before he left he asked ManUtd.com to publish a letter of thanks to the club, staff and fans…

I didn’t want to say goodbye without thanking all the club personnel, including the football equipment manager, masseuses, secretaries, coaches, and especially my team mates, who have always treated me well and played a vital role in my development, both as a football player and more importantly, on a personal level.

Obviously I would have liked to play more this season, but I must say that despite some difficult decisions, the manager has always treated me in an exceptional manner, for which I am extremely grateful.

I am leaving with some very special memories: scoring a Champions League goal at Old Trafford, beating Arsenal in April on the way to winning the title and, most of all, the experience of being part of this fantastic group that won the Premier League and Champions League Double.

Finally, a special thanks to the fans for their warmth and support. I would like them to know that I will always carry United in my heart and I hope that they understand my decision to go back to my home club, FC Barcelona.

Thank you all and I hope to see you in the Champions League final next season.

• 7 May 2009 4:05 PM

I think they will wear the white shirt

• 7 May 2009 3:27 PM

Thank you. I see now what way it will go. thanks for clearing this up.

Page 1 of 2 (20 items) 1 2 Next >