The views expressed on this noticeboard are expressed by the fans themselves and do not necessarily reflect the views of Manchester United or any of its representatives. The viewing and posting of messages on this noticeboard is subject to the Forum Terms, which can be viewed here.
Faq
Contact Us
Sort Posts:
Previous Next
  • 10 Dec 2009 5:25 PM

Re: Today in Wolfsburg: Official thread

hi

looking forward to the 100th goal from Scholes and more ..........Big Smile

• 10 Dec 2009 5:25 PM

hi

looking forward to the 100th goal from Scholes and more ..........Big Smile

• 10 Dec 2009 8:32 AM

kuszczak

fletcher         carrick                        gill            evra

valencia          James                   Anderson         nani

Owen                         Macheda

• 8 Dec 2009 7:10 PM

Aussie`Mufc # 10:

The 19 man squad :

The full travelling squad is as follows, in no particular order: Ben Foster, Gabriel Obertan, Magnus Eikrem, Paul Scholes, Darron Gibson, Antonio Valencia, Oliver Gill, Michael Carrick, Matty James, Michael Owen, Darren Fletcher, Danny Welbeck, Ji-sung Park, Anderson, Patrice Evra, Cameron Stewart, Tomasz Kuszczak, Nani, Oliver Norwood.

No Rooney, Berba, Vidic, Giggs, VDS, Macheda any of the old injured. Most Notable players, Foster/Kuszack, scholes, Obertan, Gibson, Valencia, Carrick, Owen, Fletch, Welbeck. Park, Ando , Evra & Nani. 

The rest are reserves Eikrem,Gill, James, Stewart and Norwood. 

Suprised by the squad, but remember Fergie's our manager. And Hibbs mentioned that Evra off course and Oliver Gill are the only notable defenders. 

- -Mangus Eikrem is a midfielder and is 19 years of age. 

- Oliver Gill is a defender and is also 19 years of age.

-  Mathew James is Midfielder and is 18 years of age. 

-  Oliver Noorwood is a Midfielder and is 18 Years of age..

Suprising Suprising Sir Alex ..

Think the club has certain quotas to meet, and these could include plane seats, room reservations, team size, all these need to be filled up and no point bringing injured senior players, and I don't think SAF would be that adventurous, he's also giving the younger ones some kind of exposure, even if they don't play. Just been on the bench with a very high likelihood of playing is already quite exciting...you never know when you will be called up,depending on the circumstances.Welbeck, Obertan, Gibson will feature, and maybe Gill.

On any given day, players like Scholes, Anderson, Carrick, Fletcher, Evra, Valencia will give the opposition a run for the money.That's 6 of them. Kuszazck been the other one, so that leaves 2 more slots...there's Owen, Welbeck as strikers and Nani,Obertan,Gibson and Park in MF.

The other younger players like Stewart, Norwood, Eikrem and James may have substitutional roles only.

I hear alot of punters got sold on the injury story and many are betting on Wolfsburg winning.I think they are in for a surprise.The bookies' aim is to make money not give away money.

It might be a draw...for all you know.But I have a feeling United may just nick it.Don't be surprised if Park plays defence and Fletcher partners Ando as roaming and marauding MFs....yeah the meanest MFs.

• 8 Dec 2009 5:31 PM

IT IS ABOUT TIME UNITED UTILIZED ITS POTENTIALS. WE SAW WHAT OBERTAN AND GIBSON HAVE DONE SO FAR BUT WE MUST BRING THEM OUT LEST A GOOD TALENT PASSES US BY. FAITH AND BELIEVE MANCHESTER UNITED FOREVER!!!!!
  • 8 Dec 2009 4:43 PM

I hope G.obertan play!

• 8 Dec 2009 4:02 PM

We should play a regular Centre back instead of  Evra because the Wolfsburg ace Edin Dzeko has a great aerial presence and I reckon Oliver Gill will do a good job, Evra couldn't deal with Edin's header in OT.So the defence should look something like this(since M.Carrick and D.Fletcher dida great job in their respective roles at Upton Park.

P.EVRA       O.GILL           M.CARRICK            D.FLETCHER  

Also if SAF wants to stick with experiance then we can have  J.S.PARK as a left back and play Evra in the middle along with Carrick

Also T.KUSZACK should certainly keep his place in the starting line up!!!!

Now the midfield is also going to be critical since the european game is all about keeping possesstion.

J.S.PARK / NANI / G.OBERTAN    O.ANDERSON   P.SCHOLES    D.GIBSON     L.VALENCIA

And upfront we can play 

M.OWEN               D.WELBECK

Go RED DEVILS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MAN UTD 4 life ......................................

• 8 Dec 2009 3:29 PM

awotch:

I'll bet on

Kuszczack

Fletcher  Gill Carrick Evra

ScholesObertan  Anderson Valencia

Owen  Welbeck.

But whoever plays will make us proud. I BELIEVE

I don't think that Fergie will start with Gill in central defence. He's too young & maybe will be a substitute in the last 20 min. A have a feeling that Gibson will drop back as a center back along side with Carrick. Evra is the best left back, so why use him as a center back & his too short for that role ;) So my prediction is Evra on the left and Fletcher on the right side. That gives an oportunity to Valencia, Anderson, Park, Nani/Obertran/Welbeck, & Scholes to play in the middle.A think we will start with one striker in front - Owen, as always 4-5-1 line-up.

I really hope we can win this game & stay at the top of the group. And look what Grafitee says about our squad:

"Their midfield and attack is sensational. With the substitutes they have Man Utd never offer a chance to their rivals."

http://goalclub.eu/news/champions-league/08.12.2009_Grafite-ready-for-United/978

• 8 Dec 2009 3:10 PM

I'll bet on

Kuszczack

Fletcher  Gill Carrick Evra

ScholesObertan  Anderson Valencia

Owen  Welbeck.

But whoever plays will make us proud. I BELIEVE

Being successful and one of the most recognised clubs in the world does not come from money It is about history
  • 8 Dec 2009 3:06 PM

Re: hello for all man united

hi, will hargo play today cos SAF said he would be fit for this match. it will be nice if he plays cos he understands theclubs style of play

• 8 Dec 2009 3:00 PM

Hi Ben

I think the team should be

Kuzcack

Fletcher    Carrick     Gill         Evra

Valencia  Gibson  Giggs     Nani 

Rooney  Berbatov

Bench:-Foster,Obertan,Anderson,Owen,Park,James,Eikrem.

• 8 Dec 2009 2:42 PM

I'd start this team...

Kuszczak

Park  Fletcher  Carrick  Evra

Obertan  Gibson  Anderson  Nani

Welbeck

Owen

Subs: Foster, Gill, Valencia, Scholes, James, Eikrem, Stewart

• 8 Dec 2009 2:34 PM

Today in Wolfsburg: Official thread

Going away to Germany is never an easy task against any german team. Such as Bayern Munich, Bayer Leverkusen and now Wolfsburg.

Dzeko and grafite are both prolific goalscorers for Wolfsburg, and Dzeko looking likely to go to AC Milan in summer, if klaas jan huntelaar that being said doesn't show his true form before then.

However, back to the champions, whatever team we put out with a fully fit squad we'd be in for a tough and tight game, but i still beleive we will win tonight with a defensive crisis at the minute included, by 2-1. And i beleive the formation will be of a typical european away tactic, (4-2-3-1) with plenty of experience packed into the back four. So my choices are going to be;

Kuzczack

fletcher                      carrick                         evra                    park

scholes              anderson

valencia                                            gibson                             nani

owen

• 8 Dec 2009 2:18 PM

Kucz

Park Ji      Gill        Fletch        Evra

Matty James

Nani      Eikrem      Carrick        Obertan

Berba

Subs : , Owen , Valencia, Anderson , Gibson , Cameron Stewart

( think nani should be given some more playing time )

• 8 Dec 2009 1:43 PM

Wishing the Best of luck to all the players who play Wolfsburg in the last match of group stages.No matter what the scores, just want to see that we give our all and go for a win instead of a goal less draw.

This ain't a crisis situation but a chance for those who have'nt had the oppurtunity to display their game, and what more can you ask than to play an away fixture in the best club competition with audience all around the world ..

sort of blessing in disguise for Owen,Park ji sung esp...

Page 1 of 11 (151 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last ยป